**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Event quest disappeared. With 22hours left.

I was grinding event quest to finish it. And I updated to see the summer of pain.

After update, soon as I finished the path I was on. The event quest has disappeared. It was still there with the timer for me to play at first. But gone once I finished the path I was in.

The event still had 22hours.

Comments

• Options
    NickMerksNickMerks Posts: 64
    I’m pretty sure it ends tomorrow.
  • Options
    Ah. Well that was deceiving. I don’t think my timer ever reached zero.
  • Options
    Do you know where I can verify the dates of the event. I can’t seem to find the patch notes for last months event.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,379 ★★★★★
    Sometimes when entering the quest and not finishing shows the wrong timer which i saw another post and it said 2 days when infact it was only a day so to keep an eye on real day ends it be in the eq tab and not out of the tab
  • Options
    Thanks bud. I won’t check timers while I sit inside the quests anymore. It definitely had the wrong time.
  • Options
    Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★
    NickMerks said:

Thanks bud. I won’t check timers while I sit inside the quests anymore. It definitely had the wrong time.

No because u quit the quest that’s why u couldn’t continue. U quit the quest to check sop. If u didn’t quit u would’ve still been able to quest
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    This is kinda BS. Should I submit a ticket?

The timer shows an extra day if ur in the quest.

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,379 ★★★★★

NickMerks said:

No because u quit the quest that’s why u couldn’t continue. U quit the quest to check sop. If u didn’t quit u would’ve still been able to quest
    Not how it works there was a post regarding last month that his eq wasnt 100% after he finished the path and couldnt 100% because it already ended once ended its ended u wont be able to 100%
  • Options
    It’s funny how some do the disagree smile face. When I just posted hard proof that the timer shows the wrong amount of time left in Event quest.
  • Options
    JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 537 ★★★
    NickMerks said:

It’s funny how some do the disagree smile face. When I just posted hard proof that the timer shows the wrong amount of time left in Event quest.

@Zan0 answered your question above. It's not a bug. If you are in a quest when the event ends they'll give you 24 hours past the events normal end time before you would get kicked out.
    That's why your screen shots show 27 days when you're not in the quest, and 28 days when you are.
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    since the dawn of time we've known three things for certain - death, taxes, and EQ starts on a Wednesday every single time
  • Options
    You would think 1day and 15hours left = 1 day and 15hours.

But apparently 1day and 15 hours = just 15hours.

Id been checking the same timer for 3 days, not thinking “oh maybe the timer is wrong”…
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,640 Guardian
    NickMerks said:

You would think 1day and 15hours left = 1 day and 15hours.

But apparently 1day and 15 hours = just 15hours.

Id been checking the same timer for 3 days, not thinking “oh maybe the timer is wrong”…

So you’ve ALWAYS been inside a running quest whenever you’ve been checking the expiration timer ? And not bothering to see that the timer for all of the other quests (side quests) that you were NOT in were always saying 1 day sooner ?

The timer on a panel that says “IN PROGRESS” is a timer that says how long you have to finish THAT QUEST you were in. Not to start up any additional ones. Been like that for very long time now.
  • Options
    Yes lol. Why would I check the timer for a DIFFERENT quest.

And in order for me to do that I would have to assume that the timer Above the quest I’m completing is WRONG.

Great advice. Check the timers for OTHER quests.
    Is that what this game has come to?
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    NickMerks said:

It doesn`t thou. The timer you use as prove is the timer for the time you have to finish that particular quest.
    As explained earlier in this post. If you enter an EQ quest just before the event ends you always get some extra hours (usually a day) to finish that path.
    Since you are in the quest in de second screen it shows 24 hours more, because that is the time you have to finish that particular path in the quest.
    It is actually a good think so don`t make it out to be a bad thing.
    The wednesday the new update is out, the other EQ ends.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    Oh joy, another one of these monthly posts.
  • Options
    I’m glad Kabam made a timer that is off by a whole day, that HIDES my real timer from me.
    So that they can tell me how much time is left in ONE PATH…
    I don’t need a timer that’s WRONG.

“Oh joy another one of these monthly post”

Dude, that sounds like a ON GOING PROBLEM , if it’s every month that people get deceived by this.

• Options
    It’s not like it’s a separate timer.
    It literally changes the time.

I’ll repeat that. It literally changes the time on the timer I use to determine how much time is left in event quest…….
  • Options
    OK well I think this conversation has run its course, OP knows the right answer now and they will always know in future eq starts on a Wednesday

The thread is now closed thanks for participating folks
  • Options
    Bud I don’t care about Wednesdays, I don’t care about when the new event quest starts. That’s all irrelevant.

What is relevant is the timer that is used to determine how many days are left in a particular quest is off by an entire day.

What don’t you get about a timer that changes in a way that deceives the player into thinking there is more time in a Quest.

No normal thinking person would assume 1day 15hours is actually just 15hours.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,640 Guardian
    Guess the thread ain’t done yet.

As for when is the EASIEST and SIMPLEST way to check the timer, how about when you are about to first enter the quest.
    You have to be at that screen, for that quest, without already being inside a running path. You have not selected your attack team yet, and you have not entered the quest yet.

The timer shows up, plain as day, with it's ending cutoff day/time for the last time you will be able to enter it.

Right in front of your eyes, clear as day.
  • Options
    Until it changes without notice.

As hard as it may be to believe. I don’t scout the game for discrepancies in timers during my daily routine.
  • Options
    NickMerks said:

Until it changes without notice.

As hard as it may be to believe. I don’t scout the game for discrepancies in timers during my daily routine.

If you want to see how long you have to finish the quest you're in, look for the timer within the quest you're in.

If you want to see how long the event has left until it finishes, go to the main quest menu and see how long the event has left.

Don't know what else to tell you. Can you please confirm if this makes sense so I can close the thread again
  • Options
    I just showed you that when you go to the main quest menu the timer is wrong by a day.

You seem to think it’s okay for timers to be wrong, Or for them to deceive the player with a timer that Changes and provides false information.

If it wasn’t a PROBLEM. Then we wouldn’t need 20 posts of discussing how the timer is OFF.

If it wasn’t a problem then you wouldn’t need three paragraphs trying to explain why the timer is WRONG.

If it wasn’t a problem then this wouldn’t get posted every month by another member each month.