**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bishop SP3 Buff Ability Nerfed????

124»

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Hey all,
    So the bishop changes was mostly focused on playing AGAINST Bishop rather than playing WITH Bishop. When fighting against Bishop in harder content, namely content where taking an sp3 on the Chin will result in most any champ going down. What was happening was Bishop would start the next fight with Sp3, and then there's a pretty high chance you would go in and just lose the next character to an Sp3 at the start of the fight, then the next, again, and again, and again... That's not great and we didn't want to have a champ that has the chance of just clearing a whole team and players having little to no chance to deal with it. It does change up the way you have to use the Energy Vulnerability as a player for bishop, but it does however largely get rid of the situation where you run into a wall against Bishop as a Defender.

That’s lazy mate. You have several characters with defensive and offensive separate abilities. Why not do this here?
    This deserves the Adam Sandler “ONCE AGAIN, SOMETHING THAT COULD HAVE BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION YESTERDAY.”

You’re talking about a lot more than a surface level change to program that now. You’re absolutely correct that it would’ve been better design, but we’re past design and just need to get him functional again, so this is what they gave us.
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★

Hey all,
    So the bishop changes was mostly focused on playing AGAINST Bishop rather than playing WITH Bishop. When fighting against Bishop in harder content, namely content where taking an sp3 on the Chin will result in most any champ going down. What was happening was Bishop would start the next fight with Sp3, and then there's a pretty high chance you would go in and just lose the next character to an Sp3 at the start of the fight, then the next, again, and again, and again... That's not great and we didn't want to have a champ that has the chance of just clearing a whole team and players having little to no chance to deal with it. It does change up the way you have to use the Energy Vulnerability as a player for bishop, but it does however largely get rid of the situation where you run into a wall against Bishop as a Defender.

LIAR! I’ve just got wrecked by bishop who begun with 3 power bars in variant 1 ch3.2

So you nerfed him as attacker, not as defender
    As defender. When he ends with a sp3, he immediately starts the fight launching a sp3. When he ends with 3 power bars but no launching special attack, he starts with 3 power bars launching a sp2 and saving one power bar
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★
    AATT said:

Hey all,

LIAR! I’ve just got wrecked by bishop who begun with 3 power bars in variant 1 ch3.2

No if he doesn’t kil you with the sp3 I’m thinking he wil carry it over not to sure if he use the sp3 I’m sure it wil not be carrying over
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,986 ★★★★★
    I just had a fight against a Bishop. Tried to nuke him down at the end of the match and pushed him to three bars of power, died to his overload damage because he was bleeding.

He started the next fight with three bars (as expected), but immediately fired off an sp2. Seems he was locked out of his sp3 to start on defense while still getting the full Foresight benefits, which I’m cool with.

Worth noting he did not kill me with his sp3, so I don’t know about that interaction.
    Gamer said:

AATT said:

Hey all,

No if he doesn’t kil you with the sp3 I’m thinking he wil carry it over not to sure if he use the sp3 I’m sure it wil not be carrying over
    He carries the 3 power bars, the behavior I watch was:
    AATT said:

As defender. When he ends with a sp3, he immediately starts the fight launching a sp3. When he ends with 3 power bars but no launching special attack, he starts with 3 power bars launching a sp2 and saving one power bar

I'm gonna record it and post it here because it was a surprise. I'm waiting for energy
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    At least now I know I wasn’t nuts when I posted about this in the Bugs thread — I knew it had gotten changed

Kinda sucks but I get it. I still took Bishop to 5/65 and love the kit
    So it could be a bug. One hour ago after he sp3'd me he started with 3 persistent charges and now he's starting with 0. I can't even understand what's happening
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    AATT said:

So it could be a bug. One hour ago after he sp3'd me he started with 3 persistent charges and now he's starting with 0. I can't even understand what's happening

You probably ended the fight with Bishop on 3 bars of power. That carries over normally.
  • Jaymix79Jaymix79 Posts: 233 ★★★
    I know one thing. He is a pain in 7.2.2 now. Wished I had cleared that lane before the buff/update.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Jaymix79 said:

I know one thing. He is a pain in 7.2.2 now. Wished I had cleared that lane before the buff/update.

Yeah, I see my friends complaining about him there a lot, and it's quite funny because I advised them to fight any endgame bishop within their reach before the buff lol.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Jaymix79 said:

Yeah, I see my friends complaining about him there a lot, and it's quite funny because I advised them to fight any endgame bishop within their reach before the buff lol.
    i'm doing the same with Venompool, King Groot and Hood as i explore Act 6 LOL
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    edited July 2021
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/profile/Kabam John

@kabam john could the devs please look at separating this ability between defense and offense? It really affects the way Bishop is used as an attacker, and worked so much better with his intended kit. Now a player has to hold on to a SP3 through the end of the fight, fire it off at the beginning of the next, and then try to build up to an SP3 before that fight ends. It really takes away from his playability.
    Fabwizi said:

Why are kabam not responding to this..I don't understand.

They… they literally did? It’s the bright orange text earlier in the thread. Come on, man. The whole thread is tagged with Moderator and Administrator to show they’ve commented.
  • strongmandiblestrongmandible Posts: 10
    Wicket329 said:

Fabwizi said:

They… they literally did? It’s the bright orange text earlier in the thread. Come on, man. The whole thread is tagged with Moderator and Administrator to show they’ve commented.
    I believe the commenter is talking about the request to separate attacker/defender mechanics of this feature, which is fair. The mods clearly mentioned in this thread that this change was to address a defender interaction, and yet it has a huge effect on the attacker interaction. Ninja change affected more than they intended, commenter asks for response. I'll allow it.
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    So what about the part of his SP3 ability that says against enemies AT FULL HEALTH the energy vulnerability becomes indefinite? That so obviously shows that Bishop is meant to be able to throw a SP3 at the start of the fight.

To be clear I do 100% get how this makes Bishop unfair as a defender, but given how his kit is built around this ability, which includes his SP3, I think it would be great to make this an offensive trait only as others are suggesting.

Wicket329 said:

Fabwizi said:

I believe the commenter is talking about the request to separate attacker/defender mechanics of this feature, which is fair. The mods clearly mentioned in this thread that this change was to address a defender interaction, and yet it has a huge effect on the attacker interaction. Ninja change affected more than they intended, commenter asks for response. I'll allow it.
    Point well taken. I still think that while this is not as big of a nerf as people believe it to be. You can still carry over three bars of power, you just can’t close the previous fight with the sp3. Close out with basic attacks and you’re good to go.

I totally understand that it’s a hassle and it would be better to be able to close out with the fight with an sp3 and start with one, but this doesn’t wholly preclude starting with an sp3 like some are making it out to.
  • I was so excited to rank up my 6 star after the buff and i did R2 him and was considering to r3 but this nerf has made him unusable for me now.
    I have to choose to either prematurely use the sp2 and NOT carry it to next fight coz opponent has more health, or I have to use sp3 and start with no power at all.
    I have lost fights in aq, incursions and quests thinking it was a glitch, but reading out more found out it was a nerf.

He is so broken, even his sig ability gives him extra benefit when starting with sp3... But now he CANNOT start with an sp3!

I request @Kabam Miike or someone from kabam to either find a balanced fix to the sp3 problem as a defender or issue us bishop rank down tickets.
    Thank you!
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    walkerdog said:

Hey all,

The simple and obvious solution was making him unable to carry over more than 2 bars of power on defense. Why not implement that?
    Power Start nodes.
  • AlsciendeAlsciende Posts: 3
    This change should be included in the 32.1 release notes.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

Some clarification should be given by Kabam.

they did
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    walkerdog said:

Hey all,

The simple and obvious solution was making him unable to carry over more than 2 bars of power on defense. Why not implement that?
    Kinda the same way with airwalker, as a playable champ you can't use his sp3 atall until after a few fight but on defence he can.

Why not just do the same with bishop but the other way round