**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Comparison of rewards for Summoner Appreciation 2020 vs Summ(on)er Camp 2021: FTP Perspectives

ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
I just did an excel comparison between SA Calendar in 2020 and Summ(on)er Camp + Canteen Store in 2021. Paid elements were excluded. So other than the difference between daily login vs 10 fights daily gate, FTP can have some better idea on the comparison between both events.

Post edited by Kabam Valiant on

Comments

• Options
    Sorry for a bit vague image as I paste the excel into note and save as image.
    Red colour illustrate the better off area (3k 4* star shards in store is better off too).
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    Insightful
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Llessur said:

Pulyaman said:

DrDrill said:

so overall, so much worse, not to mention the requirment to win 10 fights each day compared to just logging in

How is it worse. The comparison literally says that something have improved or not changed Nothing has gotten worse.
    Over a year the value of items goes down so while it is the same as last years it is worth much less now is what I think DrDrill is trying to say not to mention the complicated aspect of claiming multiple items before you trade in anything which even then you have to be careful and the 10 fight requirement
    I get that. But it's free stuff that you get for doing nothing additional. Claiming something after 10 fights is not something I consider additional work. I would love for kabam to increase free stuff though 😂
  • Options
    DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    Pulyaman said:

DrDrill said:

so overall, so much worse, not to mention the requirment to win 10 fights each day compared to just logging in

How is it worse. The comparison literally says that something have improved or not changed Nothing has gotten worse.
    0 5 and 6* shards in this year,
    am I reading this wright? is it supposed to be summoner camp + canteen? or only one of them?
  • Options
    AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    DrDrill said:

Pulyaman said:

DrDrill said:

0 5 and 6* shards in this year,
    am I reading this wright? is it supposed to be summoner camp + canteen? or only one of them?
    Camp + canteen, this year stuff has been spread among both

• Options
    AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    In summary, this year we have a small improvement on items, same in 5/6* shards and a complex token system.

I know it's free stuff but the value isn't the same than last year but units. With Cav EQ, lowest prices in glory store and improved war season rewards, 11k 5* and 6.4k 6* shards don't get the hype of last year
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Clearly represented, very succinct. This puts things into perspective far better than any bloated dissertation.

Well, good thing they changed the name. The stuff itself is cool, but all the extra hubbub is very not-cool. Very not-cool at all.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Wonder where all the F2P entitlement comes from.

Kabam is a company, like Starbucks.

With their handing out of free stuffs, I’d say Kabam is a lot more generous.

Of course, unless you’re a person who would complain to the Starbucks staff about not getting a free cake when getting a free cup of water when Starbucks runs a free cake with drink purchase promotion.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

marino123 said:

What's this "free stuff" that everyone keeps saying. Aren't FTP putting in their time? What's so wrong in asking for some game items without having to pay for it? What's so great about P2W players just because they put in some bucks into the game? What do you mean by "free stuff"? Don't you want the items from summoner camp rewards? It's practically "free" for you as well. Would you rather get items from resort only???

Stop devaluing everything for players by your "they want free stuff" tone. People have different priorities in life, and if you can't understand that, then you shouldn't be a part of public platforms where you'll come across people from all backgrounds.

At the end of the day, it is just a game and don't forget this. It's not a second job, like you, for everyone here. People want to just enjoy it and not work on it and spend their bucks to get all your "expensive free stuff".

What's weird is for someone who thinks this is just a game, you don't talk about it like it is just a game.

Free to play players are getting an entire mobile game completely for free. They can play however they want, whenever they want, and it costs them nothing. For anyone who thinks this is "just a game" that's tremendous value. It literally doesn't get any better than that.

It is when people start thinking about the game play in transactional terms that it ceases to be a game. When they worry about what other people are getting, in this completely free game they are playing. When they "just want to enjoy it" by getting the stuff they want and think they deserve. When they think they are "putting in their time" and this entitles them to certain things.

What's great about the paying players is they are the reason the free to play players get to have a completely free game. They are the *only* reason free to play players get to have a completely free game. Without them, the free to play players would have to pay for every game they play, starting from the first day they were playing it. And in return the paying players get some extra benefits based on how and when they spend their money. And free to play players who constantly question why they aren't entitled to the same stuff, or the trivially indistinguishable "not the same but more" version of that complaint undermine the fundamentals of how games like this function and survive.

Without the free to play players the game would not be as rich and expansive as it is. But without the paying players the game would not exist at all. The game needs both kinds of players, but it needs paying players that understand the benefits of allowing much of the game to be accessible to the free to play players, and it needs free to play players that understand that paying players will get advantages, and they don't get a vote on what those are.

What the game doesn't need are overly entitled players from either group.
    This. Either you see the game as just a game in which case you are OK with what you are getting for free, don't worry about missing some days and play for fun. Or you are competitive and see the game play it as a contest between players in which case you need to put in the work. You cannot just say it's just a game when it suits you and then go and say the game is forcing you to login every day and play 10 fights. Players seem to jump back and forth on this argument. One moment it's just a game while they have real life stuff, family children. The next moment, they are missing out on important stuff in a game. Make up your mind people. 😂
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Can you feel the love in this thread? 💕
  • Options

Can you feel the love in this thread? 💕

I was just trying to provide a better picture for FTP to compare the rewards between this year and last year. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    ayyy it’s back
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Personally, I don’t really care about it other than the fact that the token system is really confusing and I have no idea how it works still.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,676 Guardian

Personally, I don’t really care about it other than the fact that the token system is really confusing and I have no idea how it works still.

It isn't super hard, but the best thing to do is not to try to understand how it works day to day. The best thing to do is to remember that the Camp event will eventually give you enough tokens to get one each of the first fourteen items. So don't buy more than one each of those. The Resort event (if you bought the passes) will give you enough tokens to get one each of the second fourteen items. So don't buy more than one of each of those.

Buy one of each, until you can't because it is locked. Then wait until you get the right token. Then continue. If can't, don't. If can, do. One each, until the end of the event.

It was actually intended to do that, but all other options that can confuse players are there to deal with exceptions and corner cases. If you don't live in one of those corner cases, just buy one of each, and the game will hand you exactly enough tokens to buy one of each.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

It isn't super hard, but the best thing to do is not to try to understand how it works day to day. The best thing to do is to remember that the Camp event will eventually give you enough tokens to get one each of the first fourteen items. So don't buy more than one each of those. The Resort event (if you bought the passes) will give you enough tokens to get one each of the second fourteen items. So don't buy more than one of each of those.

Buy one of each, until you can't because it is locked. Then wait until you get the right token. Then continue. If can't, don't. If can, do. One each, until the end of the event.

It was actually intended to do that, but all other options that can confuse players are there to deal with exceptions and corner cases. If you don't live in one of those corner cases, just buy one of each, and the game will hand you exactly enough tokens to buy one of each.
    Ah, makes sense. Thanks!
  • Options

Maybe you can do something like what I did, just to make sure I didn’t redeem wrong thing when I was busy on particular days.

• Options
    Reference said:

Maybe you can do something like what I did, just to make sure I didn’t redeem wrong thing when I was busy on particular days.

Or you can simply be like me and just leave the canteen store till the last day and claim 1 of each item. No rush. The store only goes away a week after the 98th day.
  • Options
    LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    @Pulyaman @Reference @DNA3000
    Guys I'm Cavalier now and f2p. I have bought nothing from the Summer store as it is confusing for me. So in short, I'm Cavalier and f2p, I should buy the first 14 items only Once (till 5 star AG). Or am I thinking wrong?
    And a request.. Please @ me so that I get a notification when you reply.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    @LordPSN yes, 1st 14 items. Once each.

• Options
    LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Thanks @Reference for the quick reply! 🙏