**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Which 6 star arena is better for units?

BoCassBoCass Posts: 61
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I know you get more points in featured but the milestones are also higher. Which one works out to a better grinding:units ratio?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Depends on the size of your 5* and 6* rosters. Personally I find that the ratio of units to fights are about the same but I have a lot of 5 and 6 stars
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Probably more or less the same. I tend to just use my 5*s in the basic, and my 6*s in the featured. This allows me to cap out both if I feel like being consistent.

If you only do 1 Arena, do the Trials Arena. If you do 2, then I choose the arena that will give the best rank rewards. In the most recent arena, 6* Herc went for over 170m where 6* Cable went for under 30m. Easy logic, there.
  • Options
    Darksniper240Darksniper240 Posts: 222 ★★★
    As far as efficiency goes, I believe splitting your roster and doing as much of each of the two is the most efficient. IE 5 stars in the basic 6 stars in the featured. I have a pretty small 5 and 6 star roster...I usually just finish the basic and ignore the featured, but I like getting the higher ranked rewards for 5 star/6 star shards.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    From someone that never does arena and just started to grind units for cyber monday, the 6* arenas take so much longer to get the milestones than the summoner trials, that for a casual grinder like me , it isn’t even worth doing.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    It depends on your Roster. If you don't have a significant 6* Roster, you're better off doing the Basic.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Summoner trials arena is better, lol.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Similar to what others have posted I only use 6* champs in the featured and predominantly maxed out 5* in the basic.
    For me at least it’s less fights to get equivalent units in the basic… also worth noting the fights are over much faster in the basic because I’m using decent champs in every fight.
    When I do the featured I use all my 6* and there are some god awful champs so the fights can take ages in relative terms.
    Also fun times when Green Goblin shows up in featured arena Thanos/Kangs team every match and I spend 5 minutes dancing back and forth before he throws a special.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    BoCass said:

I know you get more points in featured but the milestones are also higher. Which one works out to a better grinding:units ratio?

The best option for grinding units is to use your 6* champs in the Featured arena, your 5* champs in the Basic arena, and your 4* champs in the Trials, moving between them as you exhaust your highest ranked champs in each rarity.

There's a couple reasons for this: first, the milestones in each arena are calibrated to the maximum point earning capacity of the highest ranked champions allowed. The Basic has the extra catch that 6* champs do not have a significant scoring advantage there, so they are better used in the Featured. And second, the milestones get farther apart the higher you go, so the early milestones in each arena are easier to get than the higher ones, which benefits grabbing the first few from each arena rather than focusing on a single arena.

By the time you've grabbed the first eight or so milestones in each arena, this advantage dilutes to the point where it is not a big deal, but even factoring in the multiplier the fastest units you can get is to grab the first two milestones from all three arenas and then working your way upward.
  • Options
    rivetrivet Posts: 254
    edited July 2021
    _Sham_ said:

rivet said:

It’s kind of a simple math, took me around 45 rounds to get all milestones from basic arena (using 5 star r4 and above) around 65 rounds for featured arena (using 6 star only), the units are the same, so you can figure which is better grind:unit ratio

How much time does this take ?
    It took me around 2 minutes per round after building infinity streak, but at steak 7-15 when you fight 6 star 5/65 Kang or Thanos team, it takes a lot longer, I would say it takes about a total of 4 hours spread over 3 days to finish milestones in both 6 star arenas

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Whichever way you look at it it’s the basic, 6 stars in ft give ~2x points they do in basic and ft has 3x points for top milestone, though I recommend splitting personally