**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can whoever is saying SoP is too easy help me with the shield objective

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Been trying to solo with Nick but the four hit combo is kinda wack with my AI. Have 0 ISO in the vault too so it’d be hard to rank someone up.

https://youtu.be/vmGd9ZbLUzI
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    I'm cav but I personally used 6 star rank 1 BWDO to clear him. Took two revives both of which are due to my mistakes. Used the 4 hit, block immediately method. She just melts him and if I had gotten the solo, it would probably have been around 3 minutes only.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    If a solo is not possible you could spare a few revives
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    If you have 0 ISO in the vault then you have no choice but to continue using Nick lol. You have time until Wednesday so grind arena and farm some shards as much as possible and get more ISO by duping 4 star champ or higher. Then ask the forums again about who to rank up coz I have no idea since I’m only Cav so I Ronan cheesed it. Honestly though, if you really really want the point and you’re struggling a lot, just use a couple revives. You can him down by a good amount in only the first life so you’ll take only about 2-3 revives if you keep trying. Use some boosts too to save a revive or 2.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    use nick. when i used kingpin i did what you did with the 4 hit combos, and the ai ended up using a few specials. especially with his second life, don't be afraid to take some block damage. if you need to use a revive or two, don't hesitate
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I haven’t done the objective personally but I’m planning on ranking up my 5* bwdo for it. Since you have no iso it seems your only choice is to use nick and revive your way through it. If you get a good first run it can definitely be done in few revives.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Honestly, I'd grind some arena, do lower difficulty EQ, hell even do incursions and buy 4* crystals if you need it. But get that ISO and rank up Magik, she's so incredibly useful everywhere it won't be a wasted rank up. Even R4 would be enough to take down the adaptoid with realistically 1 or 2 revives.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Magic.
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    Bruh you literally have the counter as a 5/65
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★

Some people might not be as skilled as others or they might just need some guidance. A couple hours ago I helped a person who was struggling to do the fight with any champ, but I gave him a detailed explanation about what to do exactly with Roman and he did it easily.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

Are you talking about Nick? If so I don’t think he’s much of a counter to the fight. Only has second life as utility.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    I did on my alt with Nick. The strategy was simple, get 2nd life asap, use 2 Sp1s to get unblockable, hold block a lot to hopefully stop specials being thrown and throw as much damage as you can as fast you can.

This strategy got him down in 2 revives.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    This adaptoid's ai is not same as darhawk. Darkhawk was not throwing his sp if u block after 4 hit combo. But the same method cannot be reliably applied on this adaptoid as he will still throw sp after u block.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★

IKON said:

I did on my alt with Nick. The strategy was simple, get 2nd life asap, use 2 Sp1s to get unblockable, hold block a lot to hopefully stop specials being thrown and throw as much damage as you can as fast you can.

Wouldn't it be better to hold on for as long as possible in first life to get damage in, then when you get into second life do your tactic and try and burst the rest down?
    Entirely possible that would work, but with limber I thought it better to save the parries for the extra damage mode (that's actually entirely in retrospect, it was my alt so I didn't put that much thought into it since it's borderline retired).
    IKON said:

IKON said:

Wouldn't it be better to hold on for as long as possible in first life to get damage in, then when you get into second life do your tactic and try and burst the rest down?
    Entirely possible that would work, but with limber I thought it better to save the parries for the extra damage mode (that's actually entirely in retrospect, it was my alt so I didn't put that much thought into it since it's borderline retired).
    Fair enough, I'd just not parry in the first life. Even if you only get 10-15% off with the first life, that's 10-15% less you have to worry about when you're on 30% health yourself
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    What I advise doing is the standard 4 hit combos, don’t throw specials, but when he is unstoppable parry and hit him just after he gets his power gain. This keeps him from spamming his specials. Only use your parries for this and on a lucky run you can solo
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    I advise using a shield tagged champion and Gitting Gud

No need to thank me
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Nick and a revive or 2 will do fine, magik even at a low rank could technically solo, but I’d just use nick and a revive or 2
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    I used Voodoo but Nick will work similar like Kingpin.
    It was just unfortunate there that he threw his sp.
    Also hold block by just completing your light.
    Don't do even slight delay!
    Another thing that you can parry him and hit once to remove his power gain.
    Keep practicing!
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

Have 0 ISO in the vault too so it’d be hard to rank someone up.

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I went with Nick. Took a bunch of hits to get into the second life, then a few more so that my first SP1 pushed me directly into his unblockable phase. Then I just went to town and tried to be as aggressive as I could. Since the adaptoid doesn't have an SP3, you can just push and push and push him without any concern. If he does throw a special attack, just dance around until the unstoppable wears off. Stun him and just gently tap him once to remove the power gain. It's not a problem if you don't keep stunning him over and over again.

That's also why I think it's beneficial to rush into your second life directly. It's really unnecessary to waste stuns in his first life and you're not going to get anywhere without them.

I think it took two or three revives, but it went much better than I thought it would go
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    Did mine with rank 4 magik solo but burnt two revives on the xl vilians obj since I had only apocalypse as an XL ranked up.
    Ercarret said:

That's also why I think it's beneficial to rush into your second life directly. It's really unnecessary to waste stuns in his first life and you're not going to get anywhere without them.

I think it took two or three revives, but it went much better than I thought it would go

If you don’t stun him, and save stuns until second life and you’d have taken off a fair bit of health in your first life that you won’t then need to deal with in the second.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I've just done it with R4 voodoo & 4 revives (I suck)
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Bursting my health down to second phase worked REALLY well. I might still be able to get the solo :)

• Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★

Are you talking about Nick? If so I don’t think he’s much of a counter to the fight. Only has second life as utility.
    Quake ?
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    edited July 2021

IKON said:

IKON said:

Fair enough, I'd just not parry in the first life. Even if you only get 10-15% off with the first life, that's 10-15% less you have to worry about when you're on 30% health yourself
    That is exactly how I solo'd him with Nick Fury. I don't see the point in wasting all the damage and health you have from your first life simply because you have lower DPS... it's still damage that you can do.

You can get 50% of with first life by holding block and baiting the heavy. You will obviously take a lot of block damage, but the adaptoid will hardly ever throw a special. Bait out two specials back to back (if you need to), block, bait the heavy and attack. If you have willpower you can sit on two bars and heal back instead of throwing specials.

2nd life, take out the rest of him with the higher DPS and use the parries you didn't in the first life. Again you can idle on two bars of power to keep him from dying if you have willpower.

@BitterSteel I'm guessing your dislikes are from people who haven't done the fight with Nick.