**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance War Participants Dropping Like Flies

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    We're still 30 for 30 in our last war. The extended break just gave us more champs for AQ
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    My alliance is still running 3 bg wars (tier 4 at the moment) mainly for farming loyalty,
    No pressure for item use and we leave some paths unexplored if necessary.
    War is probably my favourite game mode but it needs a major revamp IMO, I’m starting to find it stale and I’m definitely not alone in that.
    The new nodes and tactics haven’t made much difference to the defenders being placed, it’s all very much same old same old.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Thecurler said:

My alliance is still running 3 bg wars (tier 4 at the moment) mainly for farming loyalty,
    No pressure for item use and we leave some paths unexplored if necessary.
    War is probably my favourite game mode but it needs a major revamp IMO, I’m starting to find it stale and I’m definitely not alone in that.
    The new nodes and tactics haven’t made much difference to the defenders being placed, it’s all very much same old same old.

I agree with this as well. I don't know if it's my favorite mode but I don't mind war at all and we're still doing 3 full BGs at tier 2/plat 1. It's off season so no item use right now but still not having issues clearing.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    very much in agreement Zola.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    In my ally we do only one aw bg in season. And we like almost never get All slots filled for defense. Loosing is no issue. We get to silver 3 or maybe 2. Depends how many Player stay the whole season in war. The next season is nearly everytime skipped to raise excitement. No of season wars.

For aw. 2 bg map4 only. Even with full energy from the start.
    If aq cycle does not Start on weekend we Do on map5 on bg 1 to raise some points.
    Exploring both bg is more rare then common.

Most Player don't care for loyalty. So aw is unimportant.
    AQ is more a must go for T5B and t2a. But Thats it. Would be a strech to say i enjoy this piece of content. But for a slow development its nessesary. But to be honest, map4 is a 4 login 10 minute a day thing. With High Prestige the payout is somewhat reasonable. But not fun or exciting.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    JuroSan said:

jdeck59 said:

I will say once again this seems to be an issue for lower tier alliances. In my low tier alliance no one wants to join because they all die right away and can't clear. High tier, we clear the map same day and hve no issues,

Believe me it’s not only in lower alliances
    exactly
  • LuisBvvLuisBvv Posts: 139 ★★
    Look I’m not playing in anymore wars until the parry dex bug is fixed snd the defense tactics bug where high ground is active on champs like thing is fixed. This game is so horrible and toxic right now. I don’t see how kabam can make this right anymore
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★

Ercarret said:

No one liked AW, and now no one can play AW anyway. Plus, the off-season is always worthless. Why lock away 8 champs constantly just to get like 200 5* shards per day? Nah, I'm fine without.

As the leader of my alliance, I try to lead by example when the season's on despite absolutely hating AW, but in the off-season...? I just can't be bothered.

I do see the same thing happening in AQ, though, and we previously did really well there and had very high participation. But this bug just came and nuked our progress there. That annoys me. We've been compensated well enough that we haven't lost the material gains we would have had, but I don't enjoy having to rebuild what we had going for us before this whole fiasco. I worked really hard to get us there and were finally were...and now we're not anymore.

I'm more tired of AQ than I am of AW honestly. At least in AW I'm not fighting the same stupid champs over and over all the time with the same boring paths.
    I hear you. The two things that mitigate that for me is that 1) we semi-recently switched map, so it does not feel quite as old as the previous one did, and 2) the rewards are much better for much less effort than those in AW. The AW season is just a long, grueling slog for not nearly enough payoff. Even with the boosted rewards, I just feel...ugh.

If AW was constantly as short as it was this time when it was cut off early, I would maybe enjoy it more. But now? Nah, I'm good.

Plus, I've never liked the uncertainty in AW. You never know what you'll go up against in terms of mastery setup etc. It can make things wildly unpredictable in a way I don't appreciate.

But with all of that being said: I hear you. AQ could do with quite a bit of love as well.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    I’m more bored with AQ as well. There should be a cap on how long a boss is in place…
    It will be 9 months soon!! Apoc was introduced as Boss in early December of last year!

AQ boss should be around 3-4 months tops to keep it fresh and interesting. Or better yet have rotating AQ bosses …all the ones from the past
    Doom / Kingpin/ Thanos/ Dormammu .

But for a AQ boss to be around 3 of the 4 seasons in a year???

That’s not even remotely interesting
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

Ercarret said:

No one liked AW, and now no one can play AW anyway. Plus, the off-season is always worthless. Why lock away 8 champs constantly just to get like 200 5* shards per day? Nah, I'm fine without.

As the leader of my alliance, I try to lead by example when the season's on despite absolutely hating AW, but in the off-season...? I just can't be bothered.

I do see the same thing happening in AQ, though, and we previously did really well there and had very high participation. But this bug just came and nuked our progress there. That annoys me. We've been compensated well enough that we haven't lost the material gains we would have had, but I don't enjoy having to rebuild what we had going for us before this whole fiasco. I worked really hard to get us there and were finally were...and now we're not anymore.

I'm more tired of AQ than I am of AW honestly. At least in AW I'm not fighting the same stupid champs over and over all the time with the same boring paths.
    I hear you. The two things that mitigate that for me is that 1) we semi-recently switched map, so it does not feel quite as old as the previous one did, and 2) the rewards are much better for much less effort than those in AW. The AW season is just a long, grueling slog for not nearly enough payoff. Even with the boosted rewards, I just feel...ugh.

If AW was constantly as short as it was this time when it was cut off early, I would maybe enjoy it more. But now? Nah, I'm good.

Plus, I've never liked the uncertainty in AW. You never know what you'll go up against in terms of mastery setup etc. It can make things wildly unpredictable in a way I don't appreciate.

But with all of that being said: I hear you. AQ could do with quite a bit of love as well.
    Map 8 is coming so that might help. I dunno, AW is 12 wars over like what 4 weeks or so? AQ is 20 days in the same time frame. I don't really compare rewards for the 2 because they aren't the same. AQ doesn't give crystal shards and AW doesn't have the map crystals. I do AQ only for the T5cc but I do AW for the 6* shards and the full T5B.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    We run 1 BG in the offseason. 3 BGs in the regular season for casual gold 1/plat 4. We don't have trouble running war the way we do it. Probably all of us have played more competitive war in the past and are happy not doing so now.
  • JuroSanJuroSan Posts: 187 ★★
    I love this game and I really hope for a good overhaul, I always get very sad when my friends leave the game. I have been playing this game 3 month after it’s release and I can say that 80% of my old friends in mcoc have already stopped playing
    Part of it is natural but many of them left for specific reasons like what is going on with AW right now.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Season 28 definitely going to be a huge issue if the bugs aren't fixed. Not talking about the parry/dex one, but the tactics not being selected, the attacker tactic in T1/T2 being completely useless and more of a bane than a boon, and champs not under the tag being affected by the defender tactics.