**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Carina’s Lab Challenges: SL or Sabretooth?

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I think I’m gonna do one of the Lab Challenges because well I’m bored, have resources in the overflow, and they need to get done. Which one would be cheaper to do first? SL or the Canadian one?
Another question, how many revives do I need to ramp up Sabretooth?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Also which path is the easiest/cheapest?
  • Options
    GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Easy path for both, make sure you have 3 points in pacify. Also would highly recommend suicides. Make sure you have at least one other champ besides just saberkitty ranked up, in case you get a fight down to < 5% and need to finish and can’t get to L3
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    Canadian is absolutely going to be cheaper. As for if to go easy path or short path.... you're best off watching videos and making a call

I did the easy path for Canadian and short path for inhumans ( haven't done SL yet). The biggest thing about Canadian challenge is keeping the charges up on ST (need the sp3 before you die). I'd say that is probably easier on the easy path, but if you're playing well and can heal up, short path is probably best.
  • Options
    IKON said:

Canadian is absolutely going to be cheaper. As for if to go easy path or short path.... you're best off watching videos and making a call

I did the easy path for Canadian and short path for inhumans ( haven't done SL yet). The biggest thing about Canadian challenge is keeping the charges up on ST (need the sp3 before you die). I'd say that is probably easier on the easy path, but if you're playing well and can heal up, short path is probably best.

Awesome, thanks for advice!
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    I did the Canadian one yesterday actually. Had enough revives on the stash, so I just farmed a couple of pots and did it.

Went with around 30 lvl 1 revives and 250 potions. Only used sabretooth, costed a revive and 7x lvl 3 pots to heal up per fight.

Did the shorted path, 8 fights total. I recommend this one, no "hard" fight there apart from Venompool and Kamala who are basically bleed immune.

Keeping the charges is easy. Just be sure to get to an sp3 at the start of the fight and you're good to go from there. Never was I in risk of losing any.

Be sure to bank as many sp3 furies as possible, but if not then its still fine. Extended fury mastery helps with this process.

Once you get to Maestro, don't need to worry about losing charges. If you have 5 and play well, Maestro will die before you run out of them
  • Options

I did the Canadian one yesterday actually. Had enough revives on the stash, so I just farmed a couple of pots and did it.

Went with around 30 lvl 1 revives and 250 potions. Only used sabretooth, costed a revive and 7x lvl 3 pots to heal up per fight.

Did the shorted path, 8 fights total. I recommend this one, no "hard" fight there apart from Venompool and Kamala who are basically bleed immune.

Keeping the charges is easy. Just be sure to get to an sp3 at the start of the fight and you're good to go from there. Never was I in risk of losing any.

Be sure to bank as many sp3 furies as possible, but if not then its still fine. Extended fury mastery helps with this process.

Once you get to Maestro, don't need to worry about losing charges. If you have 5 and play well, Maestro will die before you run out of them

Awesome! Thanks for the help!
    I forgot that I had the Loki challenge too, so I’m gonna do that one first and then save up resources for the Canadian one.
  • Options
    gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326

No units used? I have both challenges and the Kamala challenge left. And I am considering these challenges first because they are very straightforward to do.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Short path definitely. It’s fewer fights (even if you multiply it by 2 due to health pools), and less unavoidable damage (like Magik/Falcon/WarMachine).

Only bad fight is Venompool that can really throw you off if he keeps getting regen. Issue with SL will be Maestro if he keeps getting his regen. A delay in quitting out = 1-2 fights down the drain since he regens so much per tick.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    did it recently. cost around 40 revives. all farmed. you should defineitly hav lots of potions to get him to full health or at least a decent 60%.

short path is good with only eight fights.

team same as brian grants video

rampup same as karatemiikes video

ramped to 30 furies on starlord and then went about. average 4 revives per fight but is definelty possible in even 2 if you get really lucky.

for masteries max fury duration only, deep wounds, assassin, and greater precision and cruelties. max recovery an limber is good. willpower , despair, petrify pacify are useless. onlly fight you have to pay attention is thorjane as no hitting block and venompool because of regen and unstoppable.

doctor strange best to bait sp2s so that you can save time and also punihsh

you want to get the 6 charges before doing the quest. spend 2 energy refills before i coluld get it
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,217 ★★★★★
    Canadian is cheaper and faster by a very large margin.
    45 revives all from stash,
    100+ lvl3 pots and quiet a few lvl4s,
    Mastery changes ~100 units.
    Sabertooth rampup same as KarateMike.
    Went easy path.
    Got parry/Dex bug update when I was at venom, bugs costed me ~10 revives on maestro, I was down to last charge it was too stressful.
    I had serious Time issues and way too many expiring items, took 4 days to clear it.
    Took 6* she hulk from nexus.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice guys! I ended up doing the Loki challenge because I forgot I hadn’t done it yet and went through quite a bit of revives (I really should’ve waited until after the bugs have been fixed but whatever) so it’ll be a while before I do the Canadian challenge, but this has been a huge help for when I do it!
    On a kinda funny sidenote, I used the 15K shards to pick up a featured six star from the Black Iso Market to go for Mr. Negative and look who I got instead

Pretty well happy about it even though it’s not MN. Any new champ is welcome and I actually like ST a lot.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★

No units used? I have both challenges and the Kamala challenge left. And I am considering these challenges first because they are very straightforward to do.
    Yes, no units used. Used the 30 revives and around 200 potions
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Easy path for both, make sure you have 3 points in pacify. Also would highly recommend suicides. Make sure you have at least one other champ besides just saberkitty ranked up, in case you get a fight down to < 5% and need to finish and can’t get to L3

Congratulations. Almost everything you said was wrong :D
  • Options
    1 thing to keep in mind is that you want a lot of heals for the Sabertooth challange and the others don't really need much.

So if you do the Saberman as the last one you have the most free crystals safed up (if you don't use them for the others)

Also before doing anything I would wait for the compensation this and next week. If there are a lot of heals in them then it might be the most efficient to start with Sabertooth.

Don't use boosts for Sabertooth. Attack increase from them is so minor you won't even notice it and the hp increase might even hurt you (LOL champs start with higher attack depending on how much %hp you start with so you want to be max hp and if you boost you have to heal more)

Obviously don't run suicides for Sabertooth or Starlord.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    For the Sabretooth one, I would recommend maxing out Guardian and Sasquatch if you can. Don’t revive them unless you need to resort to team revives, but as someone said earlier, they can put in enough work to cover you if there isn’t enough health left to get your charge back

Secondly, heals. Get a **** ton. However many you think you’ll need, double it. You want to heal all the way up for safety and reduce the LOL attack values

I used 30 revives on the short path, and I could definitely have played better. Watch out for Venompool, he’s definitely pretty tricky. The AI sometimes just throws specials from across the screen

Aside from that, it’s a kind of fun challenge, at least in comparison to the others

Good luck!
  • Options
    Seraphion said:

no. the last point is correct. he hits hard and it wont be possible to get to an sp3 before killingA LOW health opponenet
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Run suicides for them. 5% recoil as a price to pay for each sp2 isn’t much, especially with a 4*. Boost attack and champion, don’t boost health.

The additional 60% damage is too much to pass up, regardless of what others say (since getting hit with SL effectively means you’ve lost the fight). To put it into perspective, a 10k health opponent takes 100 hits for you to down if you deal 100 damage per hit. Add an additional 60% attack, and you need only 62.5 hits.

Since it’s a time based fight, you’ll wanna dish out as munch damage as possible before time is up. And realistically, you’ll be able to get to roughly 200 hits at most per fight.
  • Options

Seraphion said:

no. the last point is correct. he hits hard and it wont be possible to get to an sp3 before killingA LOW health opponenet
    That's why I said "almost".

You are right ofc :D
  • Options
    xNig said:

Run suicides for them. 5% recoil as a price to pay for each sp2 isn’t much, especially with a 4*. Boost attack and champion, don’t boost health.

The additional 60% damage is too much to pass up, regardless of what others say (since getting hit with SL effectively means you’ve lost the fight). To put it into perspective, a 10k health opponent takes 100 hits for you to down if you deal 100 damage per hit. Add an additional 60% attack, and you need only 62.5 hits.

Since it’s a time based fight, you’ll wanna dish out as munch damage as possible before time is up. And realistically, you’ll be able to get to roughly 200 hits at most per fight.

You need ~ 11 hits with Starlord to get on the attack lvl of suicides. You will lose 5% hp with every SP2 and lose another 6-12% from bleed and poison.

There will be a lot of cases when you might die from blockdamage when you are on a high combo.

Suicides will actually hurt you except if you have tons and tons of heals.

And you will need all your heals for the Sabertooth challange bc you never want to risk it to run out of charges.

The damage increases for Sabertooth with suicides is very low too. Compared to a average ramped Sabertooth you will gain ~ +5% attack but might die a few times more often since the bleed, poison and recoil eat away your HP. If you are fully healed you can survive a combo if you are lucky but when 30% or more hp are missing it becomes less likely.

+ the risk to lose charges is increased as well.

Enable them if you want to but the cons are bigger than the pros.
  • Options
    @Seraphion i don't have suicides . will i be okay with 40% revives without healing for inhuman and starlord run?
  • Options

@Seraphion i don't have suicides . will i be okay with 40% revives without healing for inhuman and starlord run?

Yes. I would prob farm for 20% revives in V7 2.2 normal difficulty and heal up a bit to 40-50 too. That is a cheap way to do it imo.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Sabre is the cheaper one by far, runs tend to be 30-40 revives
  • Options
    Seraphion said:

Yes. I would prob farm for 20% revives in V7 2.2 normal difficulty and heal up a bit to 40-50 too. That is a cheap way to do it imo.
    i was thinking the team revives frm compensation. if we get a batch in the next one too then it will be a total of 15 team revves i stash.
  • Options

Seraphion said:

i was thinking the team revives frm compensation. if we get a batch in the next one too then it will be a total of 15 team revves i stash.
    If you have so much team revives it might be a good idea to do the Inhuman challenge first 🤔

Medusa is by far the strongest of the 5 but if you have ranked the others then team revives will be very efficient
  • Options
    Seraphion said:

Why V7 2.2? Does that quest have a higher drop rate or something?
  • Options

Seraphion said:

Yes. I farmed over 40 revives there in a few days with the extra energy we got from that one deal (10 energy refills and 6 greater boosts).

I did the cyclops challenge with that and didn't had to use units. Now I'm planning to do the same with the LOL challenges
  • Options
    Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

Yes. I farmed over 40 revives there in a few days with the extra energy we got from that one deal (10 energy refills and 6 greater boosts).

I did the cyclops challenge with that and didn't had to use units. Now I'm planning to do the same with the LOL challenges
    Awesome, thanks for the help!