**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Venompool and King Groot buff

GalacticBurritoGalacticBurrito Posts: 93
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
When do these buffs go live? also if I have both champions as five stars, with my Venompool awakened which should I rank up?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    They go live tomorrow with the update, usually around 12:00 PM EST, and IMO venompool will improve the most out of the two, but I think they’ll be close overall
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    King Groot for me. Most people who used him already know what he does and where he's useful and the buff looks like everything those people wanted, his core mechanics are kept intact and the only thing added was some damage.
  • Options
    will Venompools heavy attack vicious buff be able to stack? If so then that will be great
  • Options
    KG needs the dupe to be good. I believe both will be reallly good though.
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    I do have KG as a R3 6 star sig 100 and I did so before he was announced as a buffed champ. I like him as is and these changes look to be really good overall. I'm looking forward to playing him and seeing what's new and what he can do. Venompool I always did like as I thought his regen and bleed from his SP1 was always kinda good but that's all the man has so these changes are so different that I'd rather wait to see him in action first.

It's VERY hard to judge VP since it's a full overhaul with all new abilities. KG is easy to judge and he will be miles better. A simple example is how Fury chance when on cooldown. I always run him with Ibom which makes he chance to gain fury a flast 20% which was decent and now he will have that on his base which is great if he's ever alone then great. I assume with Ibom he will still have the synergy which puts him at 31% chance which is HUGE. That coupled with him now starting the fight and after every cooldown with 3 fury and not 2. After 100 seconds having doubled Fury is also crazy good for him.

For an example lets compare old KG with the potential for the new KG (with Ibom to make it more fair).

Old KG after cooldown with 6 Fury (R3 6 star): It's about 2904+ attack from 6 Fury which was ok, wasn't bad but not that good. He did fine and getting 6 Fury after cooldown with Ibom is average so it's a good number.

New KG after cooldown with 6 Fury (R3 6 star): 3300+ attack (The fury buff is getting a SLIGHT boost in potency so I just guess as a R3 it will be around 550 after the buff per fury but idk for sure). Now where the real fun comes in is after 100 seconds it jumps by 100% potency after 100 seconds (1:40 mins) which instead puts him at +6600 attack which trust me, from the 2904 above currently to 6600 is VERY big for him. That and 6 fury after the buff I would say is on the lower side.

Also if you run KG with Ibom and Crossbones then KG really comes into a champ that actually does big damage. He will start with 4 fury and after every cooldown AND his chance to get fury while on cooldown shoots up to a massive 41% per hit (and blocked hits, yes he gains fury charges from blocked hits also) so over 10 Fury after every cooldown with those two synergies will not be out of the ordinary for the new KG.

10 Fury after 100 seconds with the new KG gives him 11'000 attack in total.

Should I also mention the man thing Synergy? which gives him a further 2 fury after cooldown and the start? getting 15+ furies will not be odd for the new KG.

HOWEVER, I'm not 100% sure about these things cuz he's not in the game yet in his buffed state so we will have to wait and see. I'll be testing this big tree all day today.
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    My bad those KG numbers are based on a 5/65 champ and not a R3 KG. I was looking at the wrong set of stats. That's better for me tho, means my R3 will have even more stats. But the info above is still correct as is anyway and he will be great in longer fights.