**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who should be my first 6* R3?

LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I’m on 6.2.6 and with summer of pain coming closer to the end I can get up to two 25% selectors if I beat the next two bosses which with this Emma frost is looking a lot further then I’d like. But I should start planning out the future of my account.

I’ve always thought that ghost would be the first but with all these anti ghost nodes I’m not sure if she is still worth it I will post my roster and list any duplicates I have as 5*s.

I also don’t have wasp or Odin

I have a R3 storm and a r1 Ultron and longshot

Who should be my first 6* R3? 41 votes

Ghost (even with the node nerfing)
65%
DrOctavius2_2JadedBalambkWicket329GoddessIliasJuggerNotStevieManWonderMobile_P0tat0DarkDuelistMaratoxGrieferMadnesslimeade32Sean_WhoSwarmOfRavensAceOfDiamondScrubhanking_ov_scrubsWill3808Celtic1981Llessur 27 votes
Sunspot
14%
bamagiantfanplayinggameletWine_LoverPikoluGabebravoSuperGood 6 votes
Longshot
2%
Doctor_Strange19 1 vote
Morningstar
2%
JohnDoe89 1 vote
Hela
2%
Kbammiikesux 1 vote
Ultron
7%
ChaosMax1012WooptyfrickendooAnsh_A 3 votes
VTD
0%
Terrax
0%
Wait for someone better
4%
RebornMVPChiefMufasa 2 votes
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Definitely still ghost. She’s still so good for a lot of content in the game even with the few nodes that have been placed to reduce her effectiveness. The only places we’ve seen those are summer of pain and top tier aw. Nothing else has it so it’s really not a big deal.
  • LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    Will3808 said:

Definitely still ghost. She’s still so good for a lot of content in the game even with the few nodes that have been placed to reduce her effectiveness. The only places we’ve seen those are summer of pain and top tier aw. Nothing else has it so it’s really not a big deal.

That’s what I was thinking but I wanted other opinions. Thank you!
    I voted just so when I check in on the post I don’t have to wait to see the results
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    If I had completed 6.4 and just needed an R3 to go Thronebreaker, I would consider any of Ghost, Sunspot, Morningstar, and Longshot to be perfectly good first R3 candidates.

That doesn't mean I think they are all equally good R3 candidates, by the way, and that doesn't mean I would take them all to R3 as soon as possible. But the first R3 is special because it unlocks TB, and I think there are lots of champs that are good *first* R3 candidates but aren't necessarily good *second* R3 candidates.

If I was a remotely decent Ghost player, it would be Ghost. If I hated Ghost, it would be a toss up between Sunspot and Longshot. Morningstar is a special case where I ordinarily wouldn't want to rank her up unawakened, but as my first R3 I would consider ranking her up and then waiting to get the dup. So if I really wanted to rank her up, I would have no reservations about doing so. She eventually becomes a strong R3 monster.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Isn’t the node nerfing only for aw and aq? Or just aw? I don’t have her so I haven’t paid much attention to that
    Skiddy212 said:

Isn’t the node nerfing only for aw and aq? Or just aw? I don’t have her so I haven’t paid much attention to that

It’s only in the sop and high tier aw but I’m worried if ghosts days are limited if they make this node more common in questing