My worst dilemma ever

MojoHaterMojoHater Member Posts: 244 ★★
edited August 2021 in General Discussion
I am at 6 points right now in summer of pain.
I have only missed mysterio because, well, I had no counter.
Now here comes this stupid emma, whom I can't defeat. Call me skillless if you want to, but if you took her down you'll know how tough it is to outsmart the AI.
At 7 points, I will get 50% t5cc selector. Right now, I have about 45% of a tech t5cc. Supposing I can do either emma or week 9 I will only be 5% of a tech 5cc away from TB (I just defeated grandmaster this week).
Now I have two choices:
1. Waste hours upon hours trying to kill emma and waste revives too... with no guarantee of actually defeating her
2. Give up and pray for the next SoP to be doable for me

Now, I'm not saying the summer of pain is a bad event... or that this fight must be nerfed.
All I'm saying is, either way, the "opportunity cost" is too risky for me.
If only they allowed us to at least know what the next fight will be, I'd be much happier and determined to go either way.
Anyway, thank you Kabam for bringing me so close to thronebreaker.
Also, thank you for ruining my sleep and life by not giving this little piece of clarity for the sake of suspense
If possible, I BEG YOU, Kabam, please let us know what the next fight is. View it as a piece of compensating for the parry bug, if you wish.

Comments

• ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Member Posts: 3,112 ★★★★★
    Heard people using g299 and human torch. I used wasp. Oscillate makes her AI aggressive when the passive fury is up, and defensive when the armor up is up.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Member Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    If the rewards mean that much to you then just practice. You have an infinite amount of times you can practice with no cost of anything other than how much time you want to sink in
  • MojoHaterMojoHater Member Posts: 244 ★★

Heard people using g299 and human torch. I used wasp. Oscillate makes her AI aggressive when the passive fury is up, and defensive when the armor up is up.

I know, but it is so difficult to play well

If the rewards mean that much to you then just practice. You have an infinite amount of times you can practice with no cost of anything other than how much time you want to sink in

There is no meaning of practising as long as I can't take her down at 50% at a time.
    Because then it'll be too risky to revive
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Member Posts: 3,112 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

There is no meaning of practising as long as I can't take her down at 50% at a time.
    You got a week to get used to it. Plenty of time

Honestly they could have removed miss immunity it wasnt necessary tbh
  • Artoria77Artoria77 Member Posts: 2,550 ★★★★★
    You got a guardian?
    If so use him
    At 17 charges it took off roughly about 50% of hear health. Now fire 2 special 2s when you have 17 charges or 1 special 2 when you have 34 chrsges and it's GGs.

I got the solo with this method.
  • HoitadoHoitado Member Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Show your Roster

I used Dragon Man and his Healing is OP for this fight
    Unio77 said:

You got a guardian?
    If so use him
    At 17 charges it took off roughly about 50% of hear health. Now fire 2 special 2s when you have 17 charges or 1 special 2 when you have 34 chrsges and it's GGs.

I have an r4.
    Tried using r5 prof but it is very difficult to intercept OR gain charges (you gotta risk charging heavies when she is in armor phase)
    Hoitado said:

Show your Roster

I used Dragon Man and his Healing is OP for this fight

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1J-9NHWCF39SSZpqFV3Frv1ADS5fsu08j?usp=sharing
  • CoMinowCoMinow Member Posts: 329 ★★
    MojoHater said:

I’m pretty sure by practicing as much as you want, he referring to the fact that there’s no energy cost or fights to go through before Emma. You can restart until you get better at the fight.

If you can get her to 50% or close, you should weigh the cost of resource materials gained vs resources spent. I think it’s probably worth it for you to revive. Where else can you get the t5cc for such a low cost, and you have a week before you need to get it done. I’d farm some revives with your daily energy and the energy you get from rewards as well as solo objectives. Might not cost you anything at all, other than the auto fight time.
    CoMinow said:

MojoHater said:

I’m pretty sure by practicing as much as you want, he referring to the fact that there’s no energy cost or fights to go through before Emma. You can restart until you get better at the fight.

If you can get her to 50% or close, you should weigh the cost of resource materials gained vs resources spent. I think it’s probably worth it for you to revive. Where else can you get the t5cc for such a low cost, and you have a week before you need to get it done. I’d farm some revives with your daily energy and the energy you get from rewards as well as solo objectives. Might not cost you anything at all, other than the auto fight time.
    Hmm i guess i will farm those revives...
    And prolly use monke cuz its a guaranteed 5-10% down each time.
    While with g99 you gotta get to 60ish hits for 10%
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,295 ★★★★★
    Well that's SOP for you
    Actually this Emma fight should have been 4th in SOP after it difficulty should have been escalated. That would have made it SOP as advertised. Or adaptoid 1st fight followed by mysterio then Emma. After it in would expect collector, The 6.2 Champ type bosses till week 9. It would have been real great to End gamers as difficulty would rise up and with more annoying and hard but practically skilled base nodes
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Member Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

Unio77 said:

You got a guardian?
    If so use him

I have an r4.
    Tried using r5 prof but it is very difficult to intercept OR gain charges (you gotta risk charging heavies when she is in armor phase)
    If reverse controls are the hardest part for you then Prof X absolutely works.
    Use the special 1 to gain charges and refresh prowess and after Emma throws a sp1 you have enough time to throw a quick heavy into air for more charges.

It's still a long fight this way since you don't ramp prowess fast but there's not much to worry about.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,584 ★★★★★
    Try Fury. I m not a really good player myself, and I used 8 revives. It's a safe bet, you get around 12-15% off each fight in his phase two, and 20-25% 1st fight with both phases.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,712 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

I know a cavalier player who used 10 revives to clear SOP emma, looks like his priorities are different from yours.
    Searmenis said:

Try Fury. I m not a really good player myself, and I used 8 revives. It's a safe bet, you get around 12-15% off each fight in his phase two, and 20-25% 1st fight with both phases.

if only i had fury lol
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Member Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Personally, I’m giving up on Emma, I’m cav, I’m gonna say the resources for pushing thronebreaker
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Member Posts: 1,136 ★★★

MojoHater said:

I know a cavalier player who used 10 revives to clear SOP emma, looks like his priorities are different from yours.
    I used 20, F
  • OdachiOdachi Member Posts: 1,110 ★★★★
    Practise as much as possible, can you do a solid 20% each restart or even 10? then you know how many revives you need - farm l3 pots. Probably this is the last chance to get that point and ask yourself how many units is 50% t5cc worth? You get a random 25% t5cc from a variant 100% that could cost a fair few units.
  • Monk1Monk1 Member Posts: 749 ★★★★
    Are you really suggesting you don’t want to invest 5-10 revives and few pots in this fight..

Revives are free from 22 hour event or only cost 40 units. Look at it like are rewards worth 400 units.

Answer = yes.

Don’t get fixated on solo’ing this fight. You don’t get
    More points or bigger rewards despite what some people Have you believe
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,584 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

Practise as much as possible, can you do a solid 20% each restart or even 10? then you know how many revives you need - farm l3 pots. Probably this is the last chance to get that point and ask yourself how many units is 50% t5cc worth? You get a random 25% t5cc from a variant 100% that could cost a fair few units.

This.
    Odachi said:

I can do 10% each time yes..
    Hopefully they give parry bug compensation ffs.
    Odachi said:

It's just 25% t5cc... im getting 25% t5cc anyway from 5 points milestone and the milestone on 7 points is a total of 50% t5cc. I am at 6 points rn.
    If I can do the next fight, then all the units on this fight go waste.
    KABAM IF YOU ARE READING THIS I BEG YOU TO AT LEAST LET US KNOW WTF THE NEXT FIGHT IS
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Member Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    MojoHater said:

Odachi said:

It's just 25% t5cc... im getting 25% t5cc anyway from 5 points milestone and the milestone on 7 points is a total of 50% t5cc. I am at 6 points rn.
    KABAM IF YOU ARE READING THIS I BEG YOU TO AT LEAST LET US KNOW WTF THE NEXT FIGHT IS
    Why should they? If we knew what the fight was before hand it wouldn’t be that painful. Everyone is dealing with it so you can do it too.
  • OdachiOdachi Member Posts: 1,110 ★★★★
    MojoHater said:

Odachi said:

If 'only 25% t5cc' for a cavalier is your mindset then roll the dice dude, but the last summer of pain fight a roll over is as likely as groot getting a buff.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Member Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Guilly works extremely well against her…her light attack reach is insane and it almost always connects with emma in fury phase…u wont do much for the first 100 hits but after that her damage really adds up..with a r5 u should he able to get her down in around 250 hits…i did it in 210 with unboosted r3 6* guilly and i think with a set of medium boosts u can have stats similar to an r3 champ
  • AntzRodzAntzRodz Member Posts: 257 ★★
    Kang is gonna be the final Boss..with some crazy buff nodes