**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is there still 25 days left on the SOP Solo Event?

Onurre2Onurre2 Posts: 173 ★★
"Each week, for 9 weeks, a new fight will be featured and the previous week’s fight will be removed. So don’t miss a week of punishment! To further increase the difficulty, starting from the 4th week the fights will also have difficult Solo Objectives for you to try and overcome. The final challenge will go live on August 18 and feature horrific highlights from the previous weeks, all leading up to a fight that has likely haunted your dreams before. (Since we’re feeling charitable, that challenge will remain open for TWO whole weeks)."
Sooo does this mean no SOP boss for August 11 to 18? I thought this boss rush thingy was seperate from the SOP and had it's own rewards. Am I missing something? Are we just going to do this boss rush just for the 25 extra sig stones and a little bit r4 materials... Seems not worth it at all thinking about this boss rush or whatever this is. I'm asking this because there is 25 days on the SOP and considering we are on milestone number 2 from the top (as TB did all of it), the days and numbers don't add up to that "each week for 9 weeks" sentence. Since we are on week 8 atm.

Comments

• Options

Onurre2 said:

Sooo does this mean no SOP boss for August 11 to 18? I thought this boss rush thingy was seperate from the SOP and had it's own rewards.

There will be a SOP boss this Wednesday. As the separate 2 week challenge, there might be some objectives but I doubt it. You will already have 27 points before this starts. There might be some rewards in the completion though
    I hope this is true :smile:
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    who says we'll have objectives next week?? it may just be 1 point and the final objectives to reach 27 will be over the 2 week rush ... one knows not. :)
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Jokes on us, there'll only be 3 objective points at most this week for TB and you'll have to complete the final challenge for the last point.

I doubt they'd be that cruel but who knows these days.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    I’ve done all I could (skipped Mysterio cuz I had no counter) and I’m happy
  • Options

who says we'll have objectives next week?? it may just be 1 point and the final objectives to reach 27 will be over the 2 week rush ... one knows not. :)

ItsDamien said:

Jokes on us, there'll only be 3 objective points at most this week for TB and you'll have to complete the final challenge for the last point.

Again it would just make the top milestone worhtless for most. Only the whales, who buys and tries to get every bit of rank 4 material they can, will probably do it :smiley: . I mean, I'll still try of course and if it's not that hard and actually skillfull and fun I'll do it.
  • Options
    Onurre2 said:

ItsDamien said:

Again it would just make the top milestone worhtless for most. Only the whales, who buys and tries to get every bit of rank 4 material they can, will probably do it :smiley: . I mean, I'll still try of course and if it's not that hard and actually skillfull and fun I'll do it.
    Realistically the top milestone IS worthless to most as it currently is. Outside of Whales there is no way for F2P, or even mid level spenders to be close to forming all the required Cats for a R4 6*, as a large portion of the cat fragments gained have been from spending in the Spring Cleaning event, and with the paid Ascendant Crystals (I forget the actual name) that had a chance to drop T6B and T3A cat fragments. The only part that isn't is the extra 25 or so 6* sig stones that you'd get over the milestone before the final one.
  • Options
    CreatorZukoCreatorZuko Posts: 70 ★★
    Lvernon15 said:

but there’s probably a good reason

This is Kabam we're talking about

• Options
    DNA3000 said:

Onurre2 said:

Zan0 said:

Each week for 9 weeks and then on top of that a 2 week boss rush on the 18th

If we reach the final milestone from August 11th to 18th, then what is the wait of the extra 2 weeks ?
    One: they probably wanted to keep people guessing. Two: they probably wanted all the rewards to be given out at the very end, so people were not plowing the huge amount of SoP rewards in the milestones into the final challenge.
    That makes sense but not that a lot (IF the final challange again makes a big difference in rewards with TB and Cavalier players, then they probably don't want all Cavaliers to become TB before it starts and what you say would make the perfect sense about the 2 weeks wait in this case.)
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Onurre2 said:

ItsDamien said:

Realistically the top milestone IS worthless to most as it currently is. Outside of Whales there is no way for F2P, or even mid level spenders to be close to forming all the required Cats for a R4 6*, as a large portion of the cat fragments gained have been from spending in the Spring Cleaning event, and with the paid Ascendant Crystals (I forget the actual name) that had a chance to drop T6B and T3A cat fragments. The only part that isn't is the extra 25 or so 6* sig stones that you'd get over the milestone before the final one.
    You can't form a t6 basic without t6 frags. I don't see how not being able to form a crystal makes it worthless.
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

Onurre2 said:

ItsDamien said:

You can't form a t6 basic without t6 frags. I don't see how not being able to form a crystal makes it worthless.
    Zan0 said:

ItsDamien said:

Onurre2 said:

ItsDamien said:

Exactly this. You'll never form it if you don't start somewhere
    Sure, but it's not the average TB that's really pushing for it. You can't reasonably say that those who aren't at the top are drooling at the prospect of a R4 that they won't see until next year. Maybe worthless isn't the right phrase if you're looking at it pedantically, but it's definitely worth less to the average right now than it is to the very top.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Onurre2 said:

ItsDamien said:

Zan0 said:

ItsDamien said:

Onurre2 said:

ItsDamien said:

Sure, but it's not the average TB that's really pushing for it. You can't reasonably say that those who aren't at the top are drooling at the prospect of a R4 that they won't see until next year. Maybe worthless isn't the right phrase if you're looking at it pedantically, but it's definitely worth less to the average right now than it is to the very top.
    I look at it the other way. For the very top players, there's a strong incentive to be the first among the first, but beyond that one small batch of fragments here or there will not make a big difference to them in the grand scheme of things, because they will be earning those fragments at a high enough rate that in terms of time those fragments don't mean much. However, to a player like me that is getting some of those fragments but isn't likely to be getting them at the rate the top players are likely to eventually be getting them, every opportunity within reach counts.

If SoP is doable, and I pass on it, when am I ever going to get those resources? Sure, I can wait until they become more available, but that's the question everyone needs to answer for every reward: push now, or sit back and wait for it to show up in the calendar.

The people who say it isn't worth it and sit back and wait, many of them were on the outside looking in when Thronebreaker came out. If I'm on the outside looking in, it will be because I can't, not because I chose not to.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Onurre2 said:

ItsDamien said:

Zan0 said:

ItsDamien said:

Onurre2 said:

ItsDamien said:

I look at it the other way. For the very top players, there's a strong incentive to be the first among the first, but beyond that one small batch of fragments here or there will not make a big difference to them in the grand scheme of things, because they will be earning those fragments at a high enough rate that in terms of time those fragments don't mean much. However, to a player like me that is getting some of those fragments but isn't likely to be getting them at the rate the top players are likely to eventually be getting them, every opportunity within reach counts.

If SoP is doable, and I pass on it, when am I ever going to get those resources? Sure, I can wait until they become more available, but that's the question everyone needs to answer for every reward: push now, or sit back and wait for it to show up in the calendar.

The people who say it isn't worth it and sit back and wait, many of them were on the outside looking in when Thronebreaker came out. If I'm on the outside looking in, it will be because I can't, not because I chose not to.
    I remember seatins video about world first r3 6 star. I think you are right to try to get every little bit of "you can", but the point we were trying to make was, if this week 9 had like less than 4 points and the remaining points was available with the final challange just for the 25 sig stones and tiny bit of r4 materials then it "looks" pretty unworthy for the effort. As I said before if those quests are not like unit or resource drainers and are actually fun and doable then sure why not. I guess we'll just have to wait on it as kabam is really silent about that boss rush thingy.