Unusually poor luck?

SnuggzySnuggzy Member Posts: 244 ★★
I'm currently Cav, have 7 5*R5s, and possess 12 6*, all of which are R1, simply because I've been concentrating on ranking 5*s.

In total, I currently have 88 5*s (many of which have been duped), but never seem to pull the real MVPs. Is it just me or has my luck been uncannily poor, in regard to number of champs owned vs MVP pulls?

Here's who I don't currently possess as 5*, but would like to:

iBom
CAIW
Torch
Quake
Void
Red Guardian
Rulk

Elsa
Falcon
Gwenpool
Massacre
Mole man
Fury
Ronin
Shang-Chi
Stealthy

Bishop
Colossus
Emma
Gambit
Rags
Wags
Prof X
Storm X
Stryfe
Wolvie

Corvus
CGR
Hype
Venom
Chilly Vision

Ghost
G99
HB
P99
Sentinel
Sparky
Ultron
Warlock

BWCV
Doom
Sym
Switch

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★
    Post your roster.
  • SnuggzySnuggzy Member Posts: 244 ★★

This really isn't what I'd consider bad luck, if this is you.

Yes, that's me. I'm probably being overly critical of my own roster. It'll get to where I want it to be eventually, I guess.
  • Ps_cr7Ps_cr7 Member Posts: 296 ★★
    edited August 2021
    I am tb for almost 4 months now, 106 5* and 34 6*. After sop , I will have almost 4 t5cc and I don't have any 6* except Hulkbuster to take to R3. Had to take sas for tb since didn't have any other mystic.
    Last month, I pulled capiw and venom. I didn't have AA till last week. I did pull 5* doom and 5* apoc around May/June, but none of ht,cgr,moleman,claire,corvus,hype,ghost or prof x to name a few , in anything above 4*.
    So, yeah ... You are also in bad luck roster. It's not worse, but it's not great either.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    I'm Thronebreaker and there are still about 25 5* champs that I'd really get my hands on. Some god-tier in their own right, some for synergies. It's just kind of how it goes. I just pulled both Cull Obsidian and Red Hulk from the Featured 5* after I've wanted them both for several years. It's just the way things are sometimes, given the sheer number of champs in the game.

But you seem to have a really solid roster right now anyway.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,403 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    You have a gazillion great champs on your roster.

You just need rank up materials.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Member Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Why tf would you want Elsa.
    Jk
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★
    Stop letting people.tell you quake/ghost/Doom are the only champs you need. They aren't.

Why tf would you want Elsa.
    Jk

😂 I'm not going there. I refuse to invoke the chaos.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    Snuggzy said:

I'm probably being overly critical of my own roster.

More like you're focused on what you don't have, and not what you do have.

Let's pick one class and see. I'm going to pick mutant, mostly because that's the class where you post the longest "like to have" list, and because most people consider it to be among the strongest classes. Here's your list again:

Bishop, Colossus, Emma, Gambit, Rags, Wags, Prof X, Storm X, Stryfe, Wolvie

And here's what you have in your roster:

Archangel, Domino, Omega Red, Sunspot, Havok, Apocalypse, Iceman, Mr. Sinister, Psylocke, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Cable, Storm, Red Cyclops, Beast.

Err, that's a banging group of mutants. You have what many would consider three of the strongest mutants: AA, Apoc, Omega Red. You have one of the strongest horsemen to go with Apoc: Cable. Domino, Sunspot, Havok, and Iceman are no slouches either. I would consider this a far better than average set of mutant pulls.

Looking at your roster overall, I see lots of either highly valued champs or champs that I use a ton like Angela, Sorcerer Supreme, Gulk, Mojo. There's some recently buffed champs that look great like Diablo, and Guillotine is coming up. And a lot of fan favorites like Kingpin, She Hulk, and Spider Ham that a lot of strong players love to use.

You'll probably enjoy the game a lot more if you spend most of your time trying to figure out how to get the best out of the champs you have than waiting for champs you think you need. I suspect you're overlooking a lot of firepower that's just sitting in your roster waiting to be used.

You have a gazillion great champs on your roster.

You just need rank up materials.

I know. Regardless, certain champs make clearing content easier. I like to cover as many bases as possible.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Member Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I like how you refer to vision aarkhus as chilly vision
    DNA3000 said:

Snuggzy said:

I'm probably being overly critical of my own roster.

Looking at your roster overall, I see lots of either highly valued champs or champs that I use a ton like Angela, Sorcerer Supreme, Gulk, Mojo. There's some recently buffed champs that look great like Diablo, and Guillotine is coming up. And a lot of fan favorites like Kingpin, She Hulk, and Spider Ham that a lot of strong players love to use.

You'll probably enjoy the game a lot more if you spend most of your time trying to figure out how to get the best out of the champs you have than waiting for champs you think you need. I suspect you're overlooking a lot of firepower that's just sitting in your roster waiting to be used.
    Oh, I'm more than happy with the champs I do have, and I really appreciate the positive, honest feedback. The point to my initial post wasn't to complain about my roster. It was to gain insight, and opinions, as to whether it was uncommon not to have pulled some of the champs that are considered to be higher tier by most players.

I'll continue to rank up who I enjoy, for sure.

I like how you refer to vision aarkhus as chilly vision

Thanks.

That's what happens when autocorrect changes Aarkhus to Arthur five times in a row, before you finally give up, I guess. I sort of like Chilly Vision, though, so I'm sticking with it.
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Member Posts: 436 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    Ngl your tech roster is abysmal. Just overall not many useful Champs

Your mutant roster is actually pretty good

Your skill roster is pretty good (because you have aegon)

Mystic roster is decent, it's not amazing but it's definitely serviceable.

Cosmic roster is not looking good either I'm sorry to say. I mean u got 3 good ones but it could be looking better considering you have 88 5 stars.

Your science roster I'm sorry to say is also not great. She hulk is good but she's also niche. Other than her u have a even more niche science champ in thing. The pig can be useful but he's not at the MVP portion of the science class.

Overall I gotta say, you are right about having below average luck. You can still do most content either way but yeah you aren't wrong or anything about your luck being below average I think. U do still have a pretty good mutant roster tho so that makes your roster capable still even if its not the best.

I'd say u should pop open some tech/cosmic and science/mystic
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,106 ★★★★★
    Have you seen my profile and roster lol

Overall I gotta say, you are right about having below average luck. You can still do most content either way but yeah you aren't wrong or anything about your luck being below average.

That's pretty much what I assumed. I guess I'd better start praying at the altar of RNGesus.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    Snuggzy said:

The point to my initial post wasn't to complain about my roster. It was to gain insight, and opinions, as to whether it was uncommon not to have pulled some of the champs that are considered to be higher tier by most players.

Except for Workinprogress, everyone is missing something.

I'd say u should pop open some tech/cosmic and science/mystic

Just popped a Tech...

Duped Darkhawk. 😂