**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Requisite GM down post…and of course that means

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,689 ★★★★
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips

I also could use some TB rank up advice.

Sadly my pulls were mostly **** outside of a 6* Molegod, which is great obviously. That said, I’ll admit I had been hoping for a Doom or a Claire as it would have made my TB rank up choice much easier (my only fully formed T5CC is Mystic). I definitely want to do the TB rank up in the next couple of days to be there ahead of the parry bug comp (given how many more units I probably spent due to the bug want to get the return of the upgraded package). I may wait until Wednesday as I’ll have 2 more SOP 6*s to open at that time, but until then could use your advice.

Here is my current mystic roster:

Since I already have Doom, Claire, and Magik, I’m not planning to rank up SS as I feel like they do everything she does and better. I’m not skilled enough to justify ranking Tigra. Obviously Dormammu and Iron Fist aren’t getting the nod, so that means DM, Diablo, or the Hood. I feel like none of these are bad options for a TB rank up, particularly with the recent buffs.

Given that I don’t run suicides and have 6* iBom (not to mention 6* AA) I’m slightly leaning against Diablo - not sure I need yet another poison champ? Would a no brainer if I ran suicides though. I’m pretty torn between the other two - in all honesty I probably enjoy playing DM the most, and it wouldn’t be bad to have a power generator and someone with some immunes (I’m light on those with my current roster), but I don’t know how really useful he would be for Chapter 7, Variants, and Cav EQ. He also doesn’t do much with my points in MD. Hood certainly looks a lot more interesting after his buff, and does have some unique utility relative to the rest of my Mystic roster. I also have Ghost so having him ranked isn’t a bad thing. However, since he us unduped the bullets thing is a little annoying.

Anyway, let me know what you all think!

Requisite GM down post…and of course that means 48 votes

Diablo (unduped, don’t run suicides, have iBom already)
41%
rishisaiLvernon15SceptilemaniacMalreck04CreatorZukoColinwhitworth69Hera1d_of_Ga1actusLeoZedThanks_D19Hoodie25HelpingLight7Nalak8CangaceiroAntzRodzSchnoodleKonstant45jack_the_ripper1H4rold_of_GalactoseHidr8__ 20 votes
Dragon Man (Unduped)
29%
CropDusterThatGuyYouSaw235FloorKillerIronGladiator22DarkGuardianHoitadoJCC5280Scrubhandirt13jrShannokPrtjoNimsKetchumNomasOmasFire_3 14 votes
Hood (Unduped)
4%
Darkrider05LilMaddogHT 2 votes
Other (please specify)
16%
SpeedbumpThunderGodRahultripathiBuggyDClownLlessurMkkalSirGamesBondDetective_Pikachu 8 votes
Wait for Doom/Claire
8%
RockingOmkar311001Ewell65SSS69Real_Madrid_76_2StephD87 4 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Tigra.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Other (please specify)
    Sorcerer
    With r3 you would see many difference
    My r3 doom finished a fight in 50 hits in Act 5 meanwhile Sorcerer did the same (she was 5 star r5 Sig 40) maintaining full healthy bar. MD 4/5
  • Options
    LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    Other (please specify)
    Iron fist
  • Options

sorcerer. you're wrong if you think doom claire and magik do everything she does and better. saying because i have a r3 claire, and all of doom magik and SS as r5 5*s.

Thanks to those of you recommending SS. I do agree I was wrong in my earlier statement - certainly her heal on block capability is something the other three don’t have and that is worthwhile.

That said, looks like Diablo is in the early lead. Appreciate any additional input and votes folks have.

Will be doing a bunch of reading and additional research between now and Wednesday.
  • Options
    AntzRodzAntzRodz Posts: 255 ★★
    edited August 2021
    Diablo.. post buff he is insane... I immediately took mine to r3 without any regrets... I don't run suicides...and easy play style.. I use him in incursions,AQ, monthly EQ... Haven't tried in AW due to off season.. but definitely looking forward For it as well..
    I love DM and SS.. but was missing a champ who throws poison debuff on opponents... I had ibom but as a 5* and with resources being scare I m unable to rank up 5*s anymore beyond r3 or r4.. don't have tigra above 4* so cannot suggest anything about her..
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    Other (please specify)

sorcerer. you're wrong if you think doom claire and magik do everything she does and better. saying because i have a r3 claire, and all of doom magik and SS as r5 5*s.

Thanks to those of you recommending SS. I do agree I was wrong in my earlier statement - certainly her heal on block capability is something the other three don’t have and that is worthwhile.

That said, looks like Diablo is in the early lead. Appreciate any additional input and votes folks have.

Will be doing a bunch of reading and additional research between now and Wednesday.
    Duped Sorcerer gets extra AA thus counters champs like domino on hard nodes. She have many great utilities which other mystic don't actually give like slow.
    I don't know much about diablo. I have heard that he do very solid work around poison and healing. But he isn't that versatile like SS in endgame contents. Without suicides Sorcerer is better choice. With suicides Diablo is obvious choice.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    I have read your post and comments but I still have to say Sorcerer.

Your argument against ranking her is, that Doom+Claire+Magik do all that she can. I disagree.

Sorcerer has great nullifying capabilities, just like Claire, yes. But Sorcerer has also an everpresent (or almost so) healing, she can heal block damage and (which you may have forgotten), she has great slow debuff, which neither of the 3 champs you named have. As has been said before, her awakening also gives her >100% AA, which helps against AAR.
  • Options
    RahultripathiRahultripathi Posts: 233 ★★
    Other (please specify)
    Wont repeat what already others have said but you are underestimating SS.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Sorcerer supreme would also be great. Any of them are great if it gets you TB. Then you’ll be ranking up 6 stars faster than you think.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    See, this is why I come to the forums. Had forgotten SS’s slow capability as well, and the passive power gain and AAR reduction. I also will admit I haven’t played with her much since raising my MD to 4, so will definitely do so in the next day or two.

You all have given me lots to consider. Still most votes for Diablo, and pretty much no love for the Hood. So taking him off the list and adding SS to the options. DM is now a distant third given my memory being jogged on all that SS can do.

Thanks all.
  • Options
    Ended up pulling the trigger on Diablo today. A couple of reasons in the end:
    1) I realized that now I’m going to be looking at end game content as a TB, I need to give Suicides/Willpower more of a serious look for sustainability.
    2) I think Diablo is still pretty solid even without suicides
    3) I took a look at Synergies and realized I have a great synergy team for Diablo - Kingpin, Molegod, Dragonman, and Doom - and all but Doom are 6*s. Not so much with SS - only one synergy options at 5 and 6*.
    4) In the end I enjoy playing him much more post buff - pre buff he was one my least favorite champions to play. Nice job by Karan.

I’m sure I’ll pull Doom or Claire in the near term now and wish I had held the T5CC, but everyone has said I’ll be ranking 6*s much faster as a TB so with any luck will get SS, DM, and them all ranked at some point.

Thanks to the community for all the advice.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Dragon Man (Unduped)
    Diablo is average without Suicides and no dupe.