**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are we sure we want war season to start tomorrow?

2»

Comments

• Erin_2099Erin_2099 Posts: 61
    Might as well do 1 war n wait and see if it goes the distance n wait to be rewarded it wont go the distance there will be some problems with it guaranteed.
  • mattressmattress Posts: 403 ★★
    edited August 2021
    Why start a major aspect of the game when basic mechanics are hit & miss for this many ppl? How many ppl dropped allys or altogether cause of these problems? Gonna be a rough going
  • Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    edited August 2021
    I don’t do AW
    But it looks like the game is going to be like this for awhile. I imagine that’s why, they are just going along like normal.
    Buy if I did, I for sure wouldn’t play it with the state of the game.
  • TamamortTamamort Posts: 59
    Aw seasons only cause conflict within ally’s. Just do them item free and without a card where you rank.

Worst part of the game by an absolute country mile
  • Jrtiger23Jrtiger23 Posts: 37
    if takes away all the bonus tactics, why not just take away items use? straight up face to face duke it out!
  • Jrtiger23Jrtiger23 Posts: 37
    without items been used, the offensive side need to plan ahead with max exploration method or boss take down method, that will affect the way defenders placement phase too. more variable Controled by the players more enjoyment back to AW, give out higher rewards, why Kabam only see the revenue on items?
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 488 ★★★

Hey all,

We’ve posted an update on Tactics and some AW resource packages coming your way here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/277269/alliance-war-season-28-update-august-17-2021

Does this help parry and Dex and weird AI behaviour when baiting and intercepting? Whatever the answer to this is, is the answer to "do you wanna start AW season?"
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Yes. Nice thing about everything sucking is that it sucks for most everybody. A sports match where the players are on fire is still more or less fair, as long as there's no bias with setting players on fire.

I hate AW, but it's what keeps a lot of players around. Old players. Them leaving wouldn't be a problem if we had new blood to replace them, but given the current situation...

Honestly, enhancement and development of competitive game modes should've been Kabam's top priority since long ago. Variable content is the only realistic way to keep people around in a game like this, unless you're a waifu peddling game that is.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    what i don't want to happen is going into war .. using resources and then Kabam sends out season rewards to everyone who didn't even participate in war. we run one BG and i don't think that's fair to those who grind to just dish out season rewards to those who didn't even participate.
  • And after the maintence it works worse then ever!!! So much input drops… champion running wild …. Nahhhhh put season on hold until the game is really fixed!!!!