**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Choose my Rank up - meme tier edition

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Having just ranked up a couple champs to R3 (Torch and SpiderGwen in case you were wondering) I’ve found myself with no T5B for the first time in probably a couple years. So in the meantime, I wanted to do a fun rank up, and as it happens I have a generic rank up gem 1-2 for a 6*. So I sat down and looked through my roster, and I realised two things.

1) I didn’t have any champions that I desperately wanted to rank up

And 2) I need to get some new champions

There’s not much I can do on my second point, except wait for SoP rewards, but in regards to point 1 - sure I have a few good champs on the cusp of being ranked up, I want to try out Yellowjacket, Doc Oc has always spoken to me a little and I feel like I’m being peer pressured to rank Morningstar up by @TheManMythLegend , but what I really wanted to do is this:

For the fun of it, and to finally get over Ant-Man losing to Guillotine in the Community Vote (though I guess it’s ok now I’ve pulled her as a 6*), I wanted to have my own meme-tier vote. 6 champions. 6 classes. 6 memes. 1 vote. Whichever one has the most votes by next level up event, I will rank 2 in preparation for their (hopefully) inevitable buff.

Meet the Bachelors

Number 1 is our favourite armour breaking noodle hands. Repping the mystic class, he’s got armour break, armour break, and you guessed it, more armour break. And… that’s it. This particular iron fist may be one of the most majestic versions in the contest, owing to the fact that I got him first from a 3,000 unit Dual Class Crystal, and duped him from my mystic SoP nexus.

Next up, we have Blackagar Boltagon, who for some reason needs a monkey by his side to do any meaningful damage. While he is good with synergies, I can see a lot of potential with his royal inhuman highness should he get a buff that could help him speak up a bit.

Our next blushing bachelor is our rosy-cheeked Hydra leader - Red Skull! I’m sure you’ve all come across him in questing every so often and accidentally gone to hit his block but caught yourself part way through and thought No! But by that point it’s too late and you’ve already lost your power and some health. No? Just me? Ok. Anyway, that seems to be the extent of his contribution to MCOC.

Dead force XPool, or XPool dead force, is a mean (white) bleeding machine… or should that be 1 bleed? In any case, there’s no greater partnership than this guy and the question "when is this champ getting a buff?". I would say name a better duo I’ll wait, but I really don’t want to wait for a buff to this guy.

If this guy didn’t show up once a month and evade the hell out of you and 6 combo you back to the restart quest button, I’m pretty sure we’d all forget he existed in game. That, and @Demonzfyre telling us he’s great. (P.s. Demonzfyre, don’t worry, he’s only included here as a joke, he’s not a meme).

Lastly, sporting the green for his class, we’ve got Natural Sig 60 Hulk as our last bachelor. Clearly everyone in the battle realm has learned the sun going down trick, since Hulk hits about as hard as a mildly annoyed schoolboy. Would a buff make him angry enough to hit hard? Let’s hope so.

So make your votes in the poll and let’s see who will be ranked up. And we can all laugh when the other 5 get buffed first..

Choose my Rank up - meme tier edition 83 votes

Iron Fist
22%
LeNoirFaineantWorld Eater16wegnerkCupidTheHoodedDormammuCreatorZukoMother_FlerkenEbony_NawMaxwell24walkerdogIronGladiator22RenaxqqGlassbackAmnetiesHoodie25PuttPuttNalak8Ace2319The_0wenpus 19 votes
BlackBolt
18%
CharMasterduxRasiloverJuggerNotMaratoxN0_UTheSaithCatmanndoXguard77odishika123P0esisReal_Madrid_76_2AntzRodzdemonslayer5EdisonLaw 15 votes
Red Skull
18%
SvensktigerQuattrucciBlackshadow0203H3t3rGalliantWarrior_0TBLSean_WhoBuffBeastHoitadoYodabolt21BlôdletterRayMonDxPrtjoqm44Thanos1149Butman 15 votes
Deadpool X Force
12%
F4k3_GaM3rRockypantherxHector_1475Bocksarox7h3wh173r48817SwarmOfRavensAgent_X_zzzStebo_79gggg00Konstant45 10 votes
Moonknight
15%
RaganatorTheManMythLegendTerraDemonzfyreAckbar67BuckyBruhCaptain_Pug30CaptBT828SpideyFunkoMCOCHazzaNegative_100Draconic_12Schnoodle 13 votes
Hulk
13%
SaiyanfmussapKamikaze_TurtleTheLegend27Mobile_P0tat0Killswitch01Doctor_Strange19RiptideCoffeeLoverCangaceiroPs_cr7 11 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Moonknight
    How he's not R3 already is beyond me. lol. jkjkjkjkjkjk
  • Options
    Maxwell24Maxwell24 Posts: 413 ★★★
    Iron Fist
    IRON FIST! BEST MYSTIC DO IT!
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Deadpool X Force
    You know you want to and mark my words he'll get a broken synergy one of these days.
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Hulk
    He’s fun in the science cav eq with surfer
  • Options
    BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    Red Skull
    Red skull is fun. Alright utility but noodle damage. Worth r7
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Red Skull
    I believe he has the Best Block Proficiency
  • Options

I very nearly mistakenly R2d him back when he was one of my first 5 or so 6*s. I thought I may as well have a 6* R2 and the adrenaline mechanic was so good.

Then I thought about how every 6* has adrenaline
  • Options

Moon knight will always have a special place in my heart. My 2nd 4* after juggs and gave me my first maestro solo. His animations are smooth aswell

I feel similarly about him to be honest, I’ve always loved his animations and he was one of the first champions added that I thought wow, his design is just so damn cool.

Plus I have a soft spot for vigilantes, I think they’re so damn awesome. It’s why I’m re-watching Daredevil Netflix series at the moment!
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    Moonknight
    Red Skull is like a step above all of the other champs

Do Moon Knight.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Why is moon knight there? I thought this was supposed to be a meme rank up
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Hulk
    I gotta vote Hulk. Surely they have to buff the OG Avengers at some point. I'm hoping any buff he might receive has things like truly ridiculous regen, debuff resistance eventually becoming debuff immunity, extra physical damage, and huge burst potential. Also, I think all OG Avengers definitely meet the criteria for animation reworks.

Hulk has always been my favorite Marvel (not MCU) character. I'm seriously debating taking mine up to R3 - the only thing that's stopping me is that he isn't awakened.
  • Options

Why is moon knight there? I thought this was supposed to be a meme rank up

Oops, I meant to put Ebony Maw instead :#
  • Options

I gotta vote Hulk. Surely they have to buff the OG Avengers at some point. I'm hoping any buff he might receive has things like truly ridiculous regen, debuff resistance eventually becoming debuff immunity, extra physical damage, and huge burst potential. Also, I think all OG Avengers definitely meet the criteria for animation reworks.

Hulk has always been my favorite Marvel (not MCU) character. I'm seriously debating taking mine up to R3 - the only thing that's stopping me is that he isn't awakened.

I haven’t really thought too much about how each champ would be buffed, but that’s a great idea for Hulk! I do think he’s awesome, and I remember using my 3/30 4* Hulk to beat the collector back when 5.2 was released. I have a soft spot for each of these champions to be fair, it’s why I chose them for the poll!
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    Moonknight
    Ebony_Naw said:

How many mystic champs have armor break in their base kit?!?!?

The defense rests, Your Honor

did you forget about the Supremes?
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

How many mystic champs have armor break in their base kit?!?!?

The defense rests, Your Honor

To my knowledge, Man Thing, Sorcerer Supreme, Purgatory, Sym Supreme and Dr Strange.

So in conclusion your point stands. Well made.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Moonknight

I very nearly mistakenly R2d him back when he was one of my first 5 or so 6*s. I thought I may as well have a 6* R2 and the adrenaline mechanic was so good.

If I can dupe mine, I'm going to R2 mine.
  • Options

If I can dupe mine, I'm going to R2 mine.
    Why wait for him to be duped? ;)
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,312 ★★★★★
    BlackBolt
    Blackbolt isn't meme, just have him awakened, Medusa and hit monkey on your team and he clears content faster than doom
  • Options

Blackbolt isn't meme, just have him awakened, Medusa and hit monkey on your team and he clears content faster than doom

I’m going off what they can do by themselves, not with a full team synergy. By himself, BlackBolt is a hell of a meme
  • Options
    JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    BlackBolt
    If kabam start to buff according to comic-book strength (sentry, dr strange, phoenix), black bolt fits in that category.
  • Options
    JuggerNot said:

If kabam start to buff according to comic-book strength (sentry, dr strange, phoenix), black bolt fits in that category.

Hulk is another one too!

Kabam are notoriously inconsistent with power levels, which makes sense for the game. But imagine trying to explain to a new player why Thanos is a meme, and Nick fury is a god.