**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Confirm purchase using units once before transaction

This is a feature request. Below description may look like a mistake from my end and I accept it was a mistake from my end. However the feature I am requesting could help anyone else from spending units unintentionally. So please read through and comment what are your thoughts on the same.

Problem: Currently for any offers which are allowing players to buy something using units do not prompt a confirmation and just purchases item(s) based on unit availability when clicked on “Get Now”

Suggestion/Request: Provide a feature which would prompt for confirmation before spending units and getting/purchasing the item. This can be kept configurable in user settings so some can enable and others can disable the same.

Why: (This happened to me and assuming others might have faced the same some times) I was opening multiple of my saved crystals quickly and an offer for 5*shard popped up from nowhere and I clicked on “Get Now” by mistake.. It immediately deducted 500+ units and purchased those shads which I didn’t need. I feel if there would have been a prompt to confirm my purchase I could have saved my units. I consider this as my mistake but I feel the setting I suggested could have saved my units and would have been a good user experience

Currently offers randomly pops up at different times like at the completion of monthly quests(these are known and we can be cautious while clicking around), opening crystals (these are fairly random and we may end up clicking on Get Now “by mistake”) etc.

Comments

• Options
    JAsummonarJAsummonar Posts: 171
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Boo Kindly consider and comment! Thanks
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    The app stores have a feature in the settings that would require you to manually put in your password or Biometrics to confirm the purchase. You could always do that as well.
  • Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited August 2021

The app stores have a feature in the settings that would require you to manually put in your password or Biometrics to confirm the purchase. You could always do that as well.

OP is talking about purchases made with units, not real money.

to the OP, if you send a support ticket, you can get that purchase reverted as long as you haven't used the items you got from the offer. I did the same with one of those champ rank up offers. Just make sure you have the answers ready to prove you own your account. iirc it's something like 'first two purchases you made (if applicable)', 'when you made your account', original account name, and I think there were a couple of others? I can't remember off the top of my head, sorry.
    And yeah I 100% agree with you that confirmation on popup offer purchases should be a thing (at the very least if it's the first time it's popped up, it should).
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,658 Guardian
    edited August 2021
    Yes, definitely needs a Confirmation prompt when buying items (most often the annoying pop-ups when you’re just rapidly pressing buttons to open hundreds of crystals at a time, all too easy for a sudden popup to accidentally get pressed and buy a T2 Class Cat for 300 Units)

But, also need to have a Confirmation prompt when applying Boosts as well.
    Especially since you have to scroll thru pages of different boosts to get to the one you want.
    All too often an errant “press” gets registered instead of a “swipe” while scrolling thru them. And WHAMOO, now you have activated an unintended Boost.

And it's not like you can just not USE the benefit of the boost afterwards before requesting restoration/refund of your Boost (like not using an inadvertent Units item) without just not playing at all until the boost expires.
  • Options

OP is talking about purchases made with units, not real money.

to the OP, if you send a support ticket, you can get that purchase reverted as long as you haven't used the items you got from the offer. I did the same with one of those champ rank up offers. Just make sure you have the answers ready to prove you own your account. iirc it's something like 'first two purchases you made (if applicable)', 'when you made your account', original account name, and I think there were a couple of others? I can't remember off the top of my head, sorry.
    And yeah I 100% agree with you that confirmation on popup offer purchases should be a thing (at the very least if it's the first time it's popped up, it should).
    Thanks for the info. I have raised a ticket and hopeful to get the transaction reverted. I appreciate your response and I totally wish Kabam introduce this feature at earliest possible as it takes time to save units and just a fraction of second to spend those (even if you clicked something by mistake)
  • Options
    This is one of those requests that has been asked for for a long time by so many people.

To have a “confirmation” prompt in case you accidentally touch the screen right where a popup suddenly appears asking you to spend your Units on something (well, most just want some types of those offers to be removed entirely, but at least…)

Maybe a cool, newly watching, Front-End Engineer (hint, hint, @Kabam Zero ) can push for this to be added as a needed “user flow” change.

And it will same time spent currently by their Support staff fielding requests to Un-Do errant purchases because of how it is now.
  • Options
    Not only their support staff, it could save a lot of time for players too.