**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A idea to make true focus viable

Reecespieces101Reecespieces101 Posts: 221
edited August 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Basically a cool down period for evade and miss about around 3 second quaking would not work and ghost would be awkward to play while other characters can still somewhat work.

I don't play summer of pain so I really don't care ether way.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Kitty Pride is already affected before even before being released. Lol.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Champs with those mechanics are affected by that Node. That's how the game works. Use other Champs.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021

No because they can't specifically target them without the community freaking out

That's essentially what they're doing right now.
    We all know true focus is intended for quake and ghost.

The only thing not specifically addressing them accomplishes is making many other champs worse and having to overtune new miss champs to work around true focus
  • Reecespieces101Reecespieces101 Posts: 221
    @Thanks_D19
    The community would flip out because they would be specifically targeting them, people would be asking for compensation due to them ranking these characters for this content
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

@Thanks_D19
    The community would flip out because they would be specifically targeting them, people would be asking for compensation due to them ranking these characters for this content

They are already being targeted by true focus. With that node they would be hurt the exact same amount they are hurt by true focus. The only difference is that you wouldn’t screw over any champ with a miss or evade mechanic. Quake and ghost are already being targeted by true focus and everyone knows that. Being more direct and naming them specifically wouldn’t make anyone any more mad than they already are
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,138 ★★★★★

Kitty Pride is already affected before even before being released. Lol.

Not really as if duped true focus does 0 to her and phase be paused she actually counters true focus and any miss counter due to the 0 damage in phase and the whole defensive combat rate u can get out of the hits via specials or finding openings from them hitting u
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

No because they can't specifically target them without the community freaking out

Kabam has already admitted it’s aimed at Ghost and Quake. They aren’t being subtle about it, just hitting tons of other champs in the crossfire too
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Champs with those mechanics are affected by that Node. That's how the game works. Use other Champs.

Yet another useless comment from the kabam guard dog
    Hood got buffed and they removed his fate seal? That’s how the game works, use other champs.

See how the logic doesn’t hold up? Just because Kabam do something doesn’t make what they do automatically the right call.

If that’s how the game works then this is a bad application of it. Change how the game works in this scenario. It’s not hard. You’re a broken record on this and no matter how many people put forward their valid points, all you have is those few sentences.
    That's exactly how the game works. Either by Champs or Nodes, Abilities are challenged. It's how the game has ALWAYS worked. Yet time after time people react to any change as if certain Champs are supposed to go unchecked for the duration of the game.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

How to make true focus viable:

True Focus: Female Science and Tech champs beginning with either the letter Q or G cannot evade or miss

Problem solved.

There goes Guillotine 2099s digi cloak
    Make her non-binary. She's a robot after all.

If that’s how the game works then this is a bad application of it. Change how the game works in this scenario. It’s not hard. You’re a broken record on this and no matter how many people put forward their valid points, all you have is those few sentences.
    That's exactly how the game works. Either by Champs or Nodes, Abilities are challenged. It's how the game has ALWAYS worked. Yet time after time people react to any change as if certain Champs are supposed to go unchecked for the duration of the game.
    And when an ability is challenged or changed for the wrong reason, it’s ok to say to Kabam that’s bad. You know that’s ok right?

Ghost and quake, sure, I don’t give a flying donut if they get checked by an ability change. That’s Kabams intention that they’ve stated. But changing the game for a fair few other champions when that’s not Kabams intention is sloppy design.
    Care to point out what Ability is changed? Pretty sure it's a Node that counters Abilities. If people haven't learned from 12.0 yet, let me point it out. A Swiss Army Knife is bad for the game.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    What sucks is most of the champs affected are the most fun to play ones with quirky mechanics. Tigra, Mister Negative, Elsa, Prof X, Stryfe, etc. Now even Kitty Pride is gonna be affected.

I want to use these champs because of their unique playstyle and not those with basic champs who you only need to intercept or parry/heavy.

And when an ability is challenged or changed for the wrong reason, it’s ok to say to Kabam that’s bad. You know that’s ok right?

Ghost and quake, sure, I don’t give a flying donut if they get checked by an ability change. That’s Kabams intention that they’ve stated. But changing the game for a fair few other champions when that’s not Kabams intention is sloppy design.
    Care to point out what Ability is changed? Pretty sure it's a Node that counters Abilities. If people haven't learned from 12.0 yet, let me point it out. A Swiss Army Knife is bad for the game.
    I meant ability challenge.

And you’re missing the point, nobody is saying don’t counter ghost and quake. You know that right? Or are you managing to miss the point
    I'm not missing the point at all. People are acting as if the sole purpose of the Node is to counter them. It's meant to counter any Champs with those Abilities. Which means not just Quake or Ghost.

Go play button mashing fighting games.
    You mean the ones where you rely on the same moves over and over?
    ItsDamien said:

I meant ability challenge.

And you’re missing the point, nobody is saying don’t counter ghost and quake. You know that right? Or are you managing to miss the point
    I'm not missing the point at all. People are acting as if the sole purpose of the Node is to counter them. It's meant to counter any Champs with those Abilities. Which means not just Quake or Ghost.
    That's false and you know it. Don't delude yourself old man.
    It's not false. The Node wouldn't exist as it is if that wasn't the case. It has other applications besides those two Champs.