**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Different and unrealistic reaction time in Venom SOP

During the original Venom SOP, I soloed him on my 2nd or 3rd try. Was a pretty effortless fight.

See the recording for Venom SOP 10 at around the 45 second mark:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m-kZ1PW5MvWqctDANKQs8DqRXnRzZQ0z/view?usp=sharing

I give him 4 blocked hits and dash back, and there's absolutely nothing that I can do to avoid him clipping me. I've tried dashing back immediately after or pausing a bit, and no matter what, I get clipped. There are other variations of this: when i set up a backdraft intercept, Venom has already clipped me as soon as I dash back to set up the intercept. This reaction time is both different and unrealistic, and I consider this a defect.

Please note that this was not an issue during the original Venom SOP and I rarely ever run into this issue in any other area of the game. I do remember experiencing this consistently in my LOL run a few years ago (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/48431/getting-clipped-when-dashing-back-after-giving-blocked-hits-lol-maestro#latest).

Comments

• Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★
    There seems to be variations of the AI one gets when you start a fight. I had this happen to me a few times in the finale and restarted until I got the AI that actually threw specials, and didn't act like it was on amphetamines.
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★

Venom's combination of AI and basic attack reach is probably the worst in the entire game.

Exactly this, not many champs in game will FORCE you to dex a full on 5 hit combo the way Venom does. All 5 of his hits at times are close enough to make you dex them. Also don't forget some champs have short dash backs (Morningstar or Voodoo for example) which make Venom even harder to dex while some champs have a long dash back (Void and Ronin for example I THINK) which make Venom's attacks easier to deal with.. Hit Monkey seems to have an average dash back so be careful.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    A lot of people dont know that Venom is much easier to dex if they use an XL champ like Sasquatch.
    It totally makes Venom feel like any other champ, but I agree his reach is unrealistic against smaller champs.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    It'sseem to be his reach more than timing. It does have pros and cons though. Venom's reach makes him sooo good for intercepting but makes him so much more annoying to fight (and to Quake).
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Saiyan said:

Venom's combination of AI and basic attack reach is probably the worst in the entire game.

Exactly this, not many champs in game will FORCE you to dex a full on 5 hit combo the way Venom does. All 5 of his hits at times are close enough to make you dex them. Also don't forget some champs have short dash backs (Morningstar or Voodoo for example) which make Venom even harder to dex while some champs have a long dash back (Void and Ronin for example I THINK) which make Venom's attacks easier to deal with.. Hit Monkey seems to have an average dash back so be careful.
    Professor X also has a really long one as well.
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    edited August 2021

A lot of people dont know that Venom is much easier to dex if they use an XL champ like Sasquatch.
    It totally makes Venom feel like any other champ, but I agree his reach is unrealistic against smaller champs.

This is true. So this morning I thought maybe it had to do with the size of hit monkey so I just tried with Venom. First try, easy solo whereas with monkey I was trying for hours.
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    EDIT: the video is not about the reach of venom. I know how to work around that. The video is about the reaction time. At times, there's literally nothing I can do if I do 4 hit combos.

Sometimes you get fortunate and Venom does his sp1 after a 4 hit combo.
    Or he blocks
    But in the video above (and in all of my fights from last night), when he actually dashes at you, 90% of the time i get clipped no matter what.

I'm not pointing at an issue of reach (which I understand is part of it), but the reaction time is unrealistic and there's nothing the player can do other than avoid 4 hit comboes completely.