**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The State of The Game

SgtBourneSgtBourne Posts: 10
edited September 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
*Hey, Summoners! (Probably will be banned for this...) I normally don't do posts on here but...

I drafted something I have been struggling with within this game. I have seen other Tubers create videos and commentating about the issues, but I have yet to see it in written form. So I wanted to see if you guys can help me by adding or suggesting to change what I have come up with thus far?

*The State of Marvel Contest of Champions (MCOC) 2021*

Major current and common unresolved issues with MCOC in most areas of the game, specifically end game content:

0. *Persistent Arena bots and not being addressed*

1. Players’ champion is often non-responsive to backdraft (eg. character stays put - no movement for first two attempted slide-back commands with the left thumb on-screen).

2. When the Player (Summoner) has backdrafted successfully, the Ai can now somehow (skipped inputs) reach and make contact causing loss of health or KO of the summoner’s champion.

3. While in a fighting stance and not in block mode, the AI now often activates their specials intercepting the player during a light attack, light attack, command by the Summoner, which shouldn’t allow any activations by the AI with two exceptions. (eg. It is known that when the Summoner executes a [light, medium] or [Medium, medium] it was normal for the AI to occasionally activate their specials). *note - it has never been a good idea to end a blocked hit with a medium*

4. When the AI is knocked down they are able to immediately shoot a special of their own with no time for the summoner to block or dexterity (or dex failed).

5. AI recovering from their specials extraordinary quickly after execution (skipped frames), giving them the ability to slide toward the summoner and cause damage or KO the summoner.

6. Breaking through the block without innate ability, or present node to explain the occurrence. The Ai Somehow can break through the Summoners block even though the block was executed (using the left thumb on the phone screen) much sooner than contact from the Ai could be made.

7. Appearing as if the AI has dexterity abilities or evade abilities (distorted inputs). Many times the AI retreats back so quickly, it is as if they had dexterity or evades active in the node or in their abilities, but upon checking none of these encounters had such abilities. Conversely, the AI executed specials or heavy attacks and slides toward the summoner with unexpected timing causing loss of health or KO.

8. Wifing against the AI at odd moments during a fight creating an advantage for the AI to get the Summoner KO.

9. Disconnects/ Network Issues/Crashes/loading times (clicking ‘fight,’ clicking ‘next,’ claiming crystals, clicking ‘help’ in Arena or for ally board) At the start of the fight and during a fight, persistent lag leading to more dropped input or confusion and game crashes.

10. Persisting Parry/ Dex bug. Although a hot-fix was released on or about 8/2021 - 9/2021, dexing appears to continue to fail, as well as parry.

Comments

• SgtBourne said:

9. Disconnects/ Network Issues/Crashes/loading times (clicking ‘fight,’ clicking ‘next,’ claiming crystals, clicking ‘help’ in Arena or for ally board) At the start of the fight and during a fight, persistent lag leading to more dropped input or confusion and game crashes.

10. Persisting Parry/ Dex bug. Although a hot-fix was released on or about 8/2021 - 9/2021, dexing appears to continue to fail, as well as parry.

Game crashes and parry/dex bug are by far the worst. My last war, it crashed right at the beginning without getting into the fight and lost half my health after I restarted. Many people I know are quitting or taking a break from the game and I am not far behind.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,338 ★★★★

SgtBourne said:

Game crashes and parry/dex bug are by far the worst. My last war, it crashed right at the beginning without getting into the fight and lost half my health after I restarted. Many people I know are quitting or taking a break from the game and I am not far behind.
    Yep, I play half as often now and I’m only going to spend less time going forward. Several alliance mates are following suit.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    I have been playing far less lately, yet the game is crashing way more than it was 2 months ago. 2 times in AW my game crashed at the fight start (50% health is enough, why do we get a loss when this happens). In AQ on my alt account, every other fight crashes. It is really annoying to do 2 fights, then force close the game to stop from losing health.
  • Hey guys, to help us keep track of everyone's feedback about issues like this, we created the dedicated threads below.

- Android Lag and Performance Issues Thread
    - iOS Lag and Performance Issues Thread

Please take a moment to report your concerns in whichever of those threads is relevant to you by providing the details outlined in our Bug Report Template.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
This discussion has been closed.