It's time to change the "Locked" mechanic

CavemanOOGCavemanOOG Member Posts: 31
edited September 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Way back in the day, having champions be "locked" to content was important. It forced us to use some strategy about who goes where, and it helped create a need/desire to grow and expand our rosters. We couldn't just max a few 4*s and use the same three champions for everything at once.

Now, however, this is not the case! AQ enemies change every week. War opponents change every war. Some champions inherently need specific counters even before factoring in their nodes. Cav difficulty and act 7 strongly encourage using certain classes and/or champions with specific abilities. Not to mention special challenge quests, variant quests, etc. Having 11 of our champions locked to AQ/AW is no longer forcing us to grow our rosters as much as it's forcing us to wait to work on solo quests and monthly events.

We now have lots of other reasons to need to expand our rosters, and in the current state of the game, having champions locked to AQ/AW is really just incentivizing us to NOT participate in AQ/AW. Please consider removing this outdated feature. Thank you.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Member Posts: 437
    No need to change, the day I was able to field an aq, war offence and war defence at 5* r5 was a good day. Now I can add 6* r2 and r3 to the equation. Work on your roster and one day it will all come together.
  • CavemanOOGCavemanOOG Member Posts: 31
    I appreciate the inputs, but yeah for me, I don't wanna bring my 5r5 into 7.2 when I have a 6r3 locked to war. I just put it off and put it off and put it off until my free time happens to sync up with champ availability. I participated in war this season after a long break from it and really felt like doing war stopped my progress on solo content, even though my roster is much larger now, because I do feel like I need very specific champs for every path and I definitely want to use my best version of those specific champs. I'm just going to stop doing war again and problem solved :)
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    The problem I have with locking away so many champs for AW is that AW sucks, which makes that investment rather annoying.

However, I rarely have a problem with my best champs being locked away, preventing me from doing solo content. There are some cases where there's overlap between the best defenders and the best attackers, but generally speaking they tend to fall into two different categories in my roster. I don't specifically rank up defenders but there are champions in my roster that I tend to use more on defense than in general questing.

If I do need a champ I'd otherwise put on defense, I just swap them out.
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I see no problem with locking champs. It encourages you to develop your roster and you don’t have to use the same 11 champions for everything.
  • CavemanOOGCavemanOOG Member Posts: 31
    Mauled said:

I see no problem with locking champs. It encourages you to develop your roster and you don’t have to use the same 11 champions for everything.

Well that's what I'm trying to say, when we do content now we need 50 specific champs anyway. So how does having some of them locked to war help anything? I need to rank half the champs in the game whether I lock champs or not so all it does is cause annoyance.