**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is anyone just overloaded on Alpha catalysts?

GarrettNGarrettN Posts: 1,092 ★★★★★

I did a count and I currently have 30 T2A in overflow and even more T1A. I can’t burn them though as T5B is in such low supply nor can I sell them. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Options
    Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    I've got about 7 t1a in overflow rn. I'm waiting for t2a to r5 someone.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I used to have a load of T2As I just couldn't use.

I think some eventually were used to take a 6* to Rank 2... but that's about it
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    Not in this situation because every Level Up event I rank champs. The moment a cat hits overflow I plan to use it. Give me 30 days to figure out the use.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I have 20 in my inventory and 2 in overflow. I had 16 in overflow earlier this month, but I took up Hit-Monkey and Morningstar up to r4 and then Elsa to 6r3 that ate up a lot of my expiring ones. I hate having to use rank up materials on five stars but I rather do that then have them expire.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    T2a 22 in overflow,
    T5b 6 in inventory.
    T1a 22 in overflow
    T4b 24 in overflow
    And this is after I took AA from r1 to r3 last week. I don't have sigil either.

No more upgrading 5*, why? cuz iso! Have 1500 t5 iso and about 10 4* crystals saved for emergencies. No point putting iso on chams who will never see r5.
    No point for me to invest t4cc on 5*s. One rank3 6* and boom t4cc gone.

With scarcity of t5bs, I don't want to invest t5b into 5*, when I already have multiple t5cc in stash.. I have 30 r5s and they are more than enough for me to cover things. Maybe some day to counter specific content, but these days it's absolutely a waste.

Thus t2a overflow... And I'm not complaining.
    They'll find a suitor when required.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    T5b is a major issue… I have 28 t2a in overflow and 9 fully formed t5cc but only 7 t5b.

They need to increase the ability to buy t5b from
    Glory.. less than 1 a week is stupid
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Yup, 33 t2a in overflow for a total of 53. 6 t5cc. And 3 t5b total. This confirms what I was thinking. Tb5 is the new current bottle neck. The value for t5b in the Glory store is super outdated, for one.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    How? Just how?
  • Options
    GarrettN said:

How? Just how?

Don’t use rank up materials on 5* and T2A goes through the roof. T5B is more rare.
    Why wouldn't you use them on 5*s? This is what happens when people only focus on the highest Rarity. It imbalances Resources.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★

GarrettN said:

How? Just how?

Don’t use rank up materials on 5* and T2A goes through the roof. T5B is more rare.
    Why wouldn't you use them on 5*s? This is what happens when people only focus on the highest Rarity. It imbalances Resources.
    Explain to me why I would rank 5*…? I already have 36 r5 and they hold no (or very very little) purpose for my account.

I have 125 6* and every counter required at this level, so why level up the version below?
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Turn back time to just a few months ago and there was a T2A shortage (or so the forums would tell you).

It's in these situations I am very glad that I didn't explore Variant 7 and Variant 5 immediately. It's an extra couple of T5B that I can get.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

GarrettN said:

How? Just how?

We can’t take 5 stars up to r5 anyway. There isn’t enough t5b available to spare on them
    That's part of the same problem.
    Monk1 said:

GarrettN said:

How? Just how?

Explain to me why I would rank 5*…? I already have 36 r5 and they hold no (or very very little) purpose for my account.

I have 125 6* and every counter required at this level, so why level up the version below?
    Numerous reasons.
  • Options

Zan0 said:

GarrettN said:

How? Just how?

We can’t take 5 stars up to r5 anyway. There isn’t enough t5b available to spare on them
    Monk1 said:

GarrettN said:

How? Just how?

Numerous reasons.
    Numerous reasons that may be valid for your account which is likely lacking everything you could need or want. However for those who have a lot of R5s and R2s, and are now pushing towards R3s, there is going to be a shortage because there isn't enough content that provides reliable T5B regularly. Permanent content is great, until you've completed it all and have no more guaranteed resources.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Zan0 said:

GarrettN said:

How? Just how?

Monk1 said:

GarrettN said:

How? Just how?

Numerous reasons.
    Numerous reasons that may be valid for your account which is likely lacking everything you could need or want. However for those who have a lot of R5s and R2s, and are now pushing towards R3s, there is going to be a shortage because there isn't enough content that provides reliable T5B regularly. Permanent content is great, until you've completed it all and have no more guaranteed resources.
    Alliance Events, Solo Events, content that requires specific Rarities, natural distribution of Resources, advancing your Account fully....
    I mean, if people don't mind Resources expiring, that's up to them. That doesn't mean the game is designed to stop focusing on lower Rarities. That's pretty much a choice.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    ItsDamien said:

Turn back time to just a few months ago and there was a T2A shortage (or so the forums would tell you).

It's in these situations I am very glad that I didn't explore Variant 7 and Variant 5 immediately. It's an extra couple of T5B that I can get.

I feel like there’s an ebb and flow to resources, the nature of the game is that there is never going to be a perfect ratio of T5B: T2A : T4CC : T4B : Gold : ISO to rank up your specific rarity to the specific rank you’re trying to focus on. Right now, can anyone seriously say that if they got the amount of T5B they needed, or even if they had unlimited T5B, they’d have a perfect amount of other resources?

I’m saying this from a perspective where I don’t have enough t5b to rank up all the champs I want to, I want to take Apoc from r1 to r3, Diablo to r3, claire from r1 to r3 to name a few. It’s gonna take me ages to clear that backlog, but a couple months ago I had t5b coming out of my ears. It’s just how the game goes.

I disagree with GW’s reasoning, it’s not because people stopped ranking 5*. How is the solution of not enough t5b solved by using some more on 5*? Yes the ratio is different but that just shifts the resource you’ll have a shortage of to something else. It doesn’t change the problem. It’s like saying oh I don’t have enough water in the bath, I’ll take some from the sink instead.

I don’t think there are necessarily shortage problems, *unless* they persist through many levels of players of the game, and/or for a long time. Now I’m not sure about the first, from what I’ve seen it tends to be people focusing on a 6* roster now, since 6* take more t5b to rank up, correct me if anyone focussing on 5* have the issue too. But as to the second point, this hasn’t been around long enough for there to be a drought.

Lastly, just to show I’m not against the principle of a drought, I do think there is one for ISO. It affects a lot of people, unless you buy crystals or do a lot of arena (not ungodly amounts, but a lot of the time more than what people can do). And it’s been around for a long time, pretty much since 6* were introduced and they *still* only gave 24 ISO bricks, while taking several times more total ISO to level up. That is an imbalance, and one that should be fixed. Hell, 5* only give 24 as well. We’ve gone 2 rarity levels where the ISO hasn’t changed, since the start of the game for crying out loud.

So yes, it is annoying to not have T5B, I’m in the same boat. But having gone through the t2a “shortage” and then feeling like it’s changed in a matter of weeks, without anything really changing except my rank up habits, I really don’t think there’s much of a shortage as of now. Now if we are still in this situation in a couple months time, and we are getting less and less t5b, and more t2a - then there may be cause for concern. So I’d say I’d remain open to the possibility, but just because you don’t have some of some resource, doesn’t mean there is a shortage.
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

Zan0 said:

GarrettN said:

How? Just how?

Monk1 said:

GarrettN said:

How? Just how?

Numerous reasons.
    Alliance Events, Solo Events, content that requires specific Rarities, natural distribution of Resources, advancing your Account fully....
    I mean, if people don't mind Resources expiring, that's up to them. That doesn't mean the game is designed to stop focusing on lower Rarities. That's pretty much a choice.
    Alliance events don't give T5B frags, neither Summoner Advancement or 3 day events. Solo events give 750 frags, of which most people will only do Hero Use, Level up and Arena. Most people skip the Event one because frankly the energy cost is not worth what you get in return.

Content that needs specific Rarities? You mean for the Rarities that people already have ranked up and completed for the T5B that was available? Yeah that TOTALLY makes sense.

Advancing your account? You mean the people who need more T5B that are trying to advance their account by ranking up more R3s because they've already got plenty of R5s? Yeah, screw those who are trying to advance their account progressing with too many R5s and R2s I guess!

None of your points make any sense for those who have progressed much further than what you have. They make sense to you because you're not at the point where you're ranking up more 6*s because your 5* roster is already fully developed.
  • Options
    It's pretty simple. I Rank every Rarity, and I have a steady flow of Resources. Not too much, not too little. (Aside from T5CCs but that's a different story.) Things have more time to replenish when you're working on a little bit of everything.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Zan0 said:

GarrettN said:

How? Just how?

Monk1 said:

GarrettN said:

How? Just how?

Numerous reasons.
    Alliance events don't give T5B frags, neither Summoner Advancement or 3 day events. Solo events give 750 frags, of which most people will only do Hero Use, Level up and Arena. Most people skip the Event one because frankly the energy cost is not worth what you get in return.

Content that needs specific Rarities? You mean for the Rarities that people already have ranked up and completed for the T5B that was available? Yeah that TOTALLY makes sense.

Advancing your account? You mean the people who need more T5B that are trying to advance their account by ranking up more R3s because they've already got plenty of R5s? Yeah, screw those who are trying to advance their account progressing with too many R5s and R2s I guess!

None of your points make any sense for those who have progressed much further than what you have. They make sense to you because you're not at the point where you're ranking up more 6*s because your 5* roster is already fully developed.
    You're talking about the effect and I'm talking about the cause. Higher Resources take longer to amass. When you're ONLY focusing on those, it's going to take longer to replenish. The game isn't designed to Rank 6*s at the same rate as 5*s, and so on.