**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

lost tier during offseason

we finished the season at tier 2 and after one offseason war we did 1 bg, we are now at t3. i don’t understand this can someone explain to me.

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Your tier is determined by the number of alliances who participate in aw; it’s where your alliance falls percentage wise to the whole of alliances participating in AW. Many alliances stopped enlisting so there is now less room in each tier; your alliance was on the edge of two tiers.
  • Options
    theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★

Your tier is determined by the number of alliances who participate in aw; it’s where your alliance falls percentage wise to the whole of alliances participating in AW. Many alliances stopped enlisting so there is now less room in each tier; your alliance was on the edge of two tiers.

so you’re saying offseason wars are affecting the tier?
  • Options
    theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    guess i’m gonna have to send ticket.
  • Options

The wars do not affect your tier, the number of alliances participating in aw do.

Say tier 2 is 5% of alliances and 100 alliances participate in AW. This means the top 5 alliances are in tier 2. Now the off season hits and 10 alliances drop out of aw, tier 2 is still 5% of alliances but it’s now 5% of 90 which means the top 4 alliances are tier 2 and the 5th rated alliance is now a tier lower.
  • Options

The wars do not affect your tier, the number of alliances participating in aw do.

Say tier 2 is 5% of alliances and 100 alliances participate in AW. This means the top 5 alliances are in tier 2. Now the off season hits and 10 alliances drop out of aw, tier 2 is still 5% of alliances but it’s now 5% of 90 which means the top 4 alliances are tier 2 and the 5th rated alliance is now a tier lower.
    What I would question about that is.. isn’t your Tier shown even in advance of alliances even enlisting for the next war ? So at what point are you saying Kabam bases how many “participating alliances” there are for AW ?

Are you suggesting that they are basing it on how many participated in the previous war (which would be thrown out of whack in the off-season), or how many are enrolled in this current war, or does it update only at upon completion of each Season ?

Have they actually spelled that out exactly anywhere before ?

I had assumed it was from the overall number of alliances that exist, albeit with questions about whether abandoned/dormant alliances (which still exist, but with nobody in it, or “shelled out”, or have been claimed by much lower newcomers, etc) would still count towards that total. And at what point brand new alliances (or otherwise existing ones but still with “0 war rating”) start to count into that 100% pool ?
  • Options
    I would say your tier is determined by the percentage you fall in at the end of your last war. Kabam have posted before that alliances that don’t participate do not affect the percentages; Those dormant alliances with high war rating don’t actually count for taking up a spot in the tiers.