**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

What Champs are worth a generic 6* awakening gem?

Thoye3Thoye3 Posts: 96
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hi All,

I have been holding onto a generic 6 star awakening gem since 4th of July as I don't have any champs I think are worth using it on. This started to get me thinking which champs most people would agree are worth the gem. Below are some of the champs from each class I think are worth it (this is not taking prestige into account):

Science:
- CAPIW
- Void?

Skill:
- Aegon
- Nick Fury

Mutant:
- Omega Red (w/ suicides)
- AA

Tech:
- Ghost

Cosmic:
- Corvus
- Herc?

Mystic:
- None

Are there other champs you would use the gem on? Honestly just curious what the communities thoughts are on this topic.

Thanks!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Clearly it’s a very subjective thing, everyone has champs they do and don’t like so I don’t think I’d say I disagree with anyone about this - more that I’d just maybe not use a gem on someone they would. I also don’t run suicides, if I did, then maybe someone like Omega would make it. But here’s my list:

Science
    None

Skill
    Nick fury

Mutant
    Archangel
    Kitty Pryde

Tech
    Ghost
    Guardian

Cosmic
    Corvus
    Hercules

Mystic
    Tigra
  • Thoye3Thoye3 Posts: 96
    Good shout out for both Hyperion and Kitty. I have Guardian and debated using it on him, but I decided against it. Maybe if I had a tech T5CC right now I would pull the trigger with the gem and then take him to R3.
  • I used mine from AOL on AA and haven’t looked back. I used a skill on Aegon and Mystic on Doom.

Science for me, Void would be my number one, maybe IBom or Cap too.
    Skill NF/Aegon
    Mystic probably nobody at the moment.
    Tech - Ghost
    Half of the mutant class
    Cosmic CMM, CG, Herc.

It’s all subjective tbh. At the moment they’re very rare but there are some champs, Sentinel, for example who just go up a tier at Sig1 and if you have the ability to awaken a champ you like, who’s good then that’s a gem well used IMO. You don’t have to be sat on the leading edge of the meta unless you’re in a masters/top45 aq alliance. It’s a game at the end of the day.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Depends on how many sig stones you also have IMO. Some champs need the high sig level and are maybe not worth a generic if you can only have em at level 1 or low level (at that point might as well wait and see what happens with your luck).

Science - CapIW only if you can get him super high as well. Void same deal.

Skill - Fury. Aegon if you can get him high sig level.

Mutant - Omega only if you can get him high sig level. Kitty. Archangel. Namor if you can get him super high sig level.

Cosmic - Hercules. Corvus. Angela if you can get her high sig level.

Tech - Guardian if you can get him high sig level. Ghost.

Mystic - Tigra if you can get her high sig level. Maybe Diablo, depending on the rest of your roster.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

It’s all subjective tbh. At the moment they’re very rare but there are some champs, Sentinel, for example who just go up a tier at Sig1 and if you have the ability to awaken a champ you like, who’s good then that’s a gem well used IMO. You don’t have to be sat on the leading edge of the meta unless you’re in a masters/top45 aq alliance. It’s a game at the end of the day.

That’s closer to my philosophy on class 6* gems at the moment. I used one on Mr Negative for the hell of it because I think he’s a cool champ with a nice sig. But I wouldn’t necessarily suggest others to do the same, unless they were big fans of him too.

My class gem worthy champ list is a lot different to my generic worthy, obviously, but there are some champs that some people would be confused why they’re worthy of class gems to me
  • Mauled said:

That’s closer to my philosophy on class 6* gems at the moment. I used one on Mr Negative for the hell of it because I think he’s a cool champ with a nice sig. But I wouldn’t necessarily suggest others to do the same, unless they were big fans of him too.

My class gem worthy champ list is a lot different to my generic worthy, obviously, but there are some champs that some people would be confused why they’re worthy of class gems to me
    Depends on the roster really. I need one for my NF and CG and in terms of missing champs that -really- need it it’d just be Void so I’m a little bit looser in using them. Also their value drops as time goes on, I dare say there’s people who’ve still got their first 5* generic debating using it despite having like 10 because they’re still ‘rare’. I’d rather get some use from it tbh.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,725 ★★★★★
    I think you can see it from two perspectives. The one I'm leaning toward is that using a gem to awaken a champ only gives them a single sig level, so who benefits the most from sig 1? I think Nick Fury and Archangel. You could maybe argue Corvus as well but I think we can all agree that sig 1 transforms the other two way more than it does Corvus.

However, you could also make the argument that the champ that most needs to be awakened is the one you need to pump stones into in order to max out their sig. Out of the ones you mentioned, OP, I'd say Beardo fits that description best. I wouldn't personally use a generic gem on him but I'm just saying, I see a certain logic in it.

I feel like all other champs come in second (or lower) place to those two groups.
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    I would only use it on champs like void, cap, aegon, guardian, herc if i also had the sig stones to make it worth it. General awakening is ideal for Corvus, fury, Hyperion, and some others
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    Whoever you want
  • Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★
    Doom to make you feel good about having silver stars on a six star version
  • Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★
    I would personally add Cyclops red to the "worth an awakening gem" section because he's Sig ability is OP

Joke but also not a joke..