**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dance Off Write-Up (Carina's Challenge: Star-Lord in LoL)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just make sure you bank that Sp3 ‘cause I managed to lose my charges twice. Ramping ST up on Maestro is not the dream.
  • Options
    arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Where are you guys farming the lvl1 revives specifically?
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    arsjum said:

Where are you guys farming the lvl1 revives specifically?

Variant 7.2.2 normal difficulty
  • Options
    GarrettN said:

I may have missed your answer to this, but how boosted we’re you?

No boosts used
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Good going on the Dance-off challenge, @StevieManWonder

Whilst I'll hopefully do the SL challenge eventually, I think my main learning from this thread is: do the Canadian version first!....
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

I just finished doing the Dance Off challenge and let me say this before I continue with the write-up:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    This was a terribly, terribly designed challenge because it isn't a challenge based on skill, it's based on your unit/revive stash. It is literally impossible to do this challenge without reviving. No matter how perfectly you play, you have to revive and that's what makes this challenge so terribly designed.
    Anyways, onto the write-up.
    So, this wasn't my first attempt at this challenge. When I first did it, I took the short path but ran out of resources at Doctor Strange and had to quit out. I went in then with like 80 revives and 3K units. This time, however, I was taking no chances. I grinded out 108 lvl 1 revives, 5 lvl 2s, and roughly 6K units.
    I decided to take the easy path with the Colossus shortcut. Other than a few problem fights (which I'll get to) most fights are doable in 1-4 revives assuming the evade RNG is kind to you, the AI is aggressive, and if the bugs aren't too bad.
    These were the problem fights:
    Unstoppable Colossus: He's unstoppable a lot, duh, so you have to wait around for the buff to expire which kills the Enrage timer.
    Falcon: Unevadeable Sp1, so you take a lot of chip damage if you can't push him to his sp2.
    Magik: You can imagine why: Limbo. Straight up sucks and there's nothing you can really do to get around it.
    War Machine: Unevadeable Sp1, so chip damage and his sp2 is hard to punish reliably.
    Ant-Man: Not so much hard, but long because of all the glancing.
    Deadpool X-Force: Not a problem fight, but wanted to give him a shoutout because this was my best fight in LoL, if I didn't get clipped by DP when he was at 8%, I would have got him down in only 1 revive.
    Venom: His animations are a pain in the ass.
    Maestro: Such a pain with a tech champion. Regen procs way too much and his unstoppable buff is a pain. It was very painful to have to quit out of the fight as soon as it starts because he began with a regen. Even moreso because I would have to heal to full every time and Maestro proccing regen at the start was just resources down the drain.
    Overall, I found this challenge to be just terrible. On the bright side, I only have the Inhumans challenge left and I will be able to do that one at the end of next month once I rebuild my resource stash.
    Finally revive/potions tally: 108 lvl ones, 54 lvl 2s, and a lot of potions including 62 lvl 5 potions that I had to buy with units.

162 revives? Omg that’s very expensive.

I did mine recently and spent around 80 or so revives taking the short path. As usual, Venompool was a nightmare. Maestro.. urgh..
  • Options
    xNig said:

I just finished doing the Dance Off challenge and let me say this before I continue with the write-up:
    This was a terribly, terribly designed challenge because it isn't a challenge based on skill, it's based on your unit/revive stash. It is literally impossible to do this challenge without reviving. No matter how perfectly you play, you have to revive and that's what makes this challenge so terribly designed.
    So, this wasn't my first attempt at this challenge. When I first did it, I took the short path but ran out of resources at Doctor Strange and had to quit out. I went in then with like 80 revives and 3K units. This time, however, I was taking no chances. I grinded out 108 lvl 1 revives, 5 lvl 2s, and roughly 6K units.
    I decided to take the easy path with the Colossus shortcut. Other than a few problem fights (which I'll get to) most fights are doable in 1-4 revives assuming the evade RNG is kind to you, the AI is aggressive, and if the bugs aren't too bad.
    Unstoppable Colossus: He's unstoppable a lot, duh, so you have to wait around for the buff to expire which kills the Enrage timer.
    Falcon: Unevadeable Sp1, so you take a lot of chip damage if you can't push him to his sp2.
    Magik: You can imagine why: Limbo. Straight up sucks and there's nothing you can really do to get around it.
    War Machine: Unevadeable Sp1, so chip damage and his sp2 is hard to punish reliably.
    Deadpool X-Force: Not a problem fight, but wanted to give him a shoutout because this was my best fight in LoL, if I didn't get clipped by DP when he was at 8%, I would have got him down in only 1 revive.
    Maestro: Such a pain with a tech champion. Regen procs way too much and his unstoppable buff is a pain. It was very painful to have to quit out of the fight as soon as it starts because he began with a regen. Even moreso because I would have to heal to full every time and Maestro proccing regen at the start was just resources down the drain.
    Overall, I found this challenge to be just terrible. On the bright side, I only have the Inhumans challenge left and I will be able to do that one at the end of next month once I rebuild my resource stash.
    Finally revive/potions tally: 108 lvl ones, 54 lvl 2s, and a lot of potions including 62 lvl 5 potions that I had to buy with units.

I did mine recently and spent around 80 or so revives taking the short path. As usual, Venompool was a nightmare. Maestro.. urgh..
    Yeah but 113 of those revives were ones that I grinded out so the actual unit cost was only around 2.5K. Definitely not my best gameplay either
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

how much did you heal per fight? @xNig . i'm always out of potions and i can't bother farming rol
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,217 ★★★★★
    Dance off left for me...And I'm already dreading it.
    I'll take short path whenever I'll do it. Ill toss revives and single potion at a time. I won't max health SL. But I'll boost a little.
    Revives are no issues, but potions are.
  • Options
    Why is longer path good for inhumans?
    i have that and SL challenges left.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

same boat. short path has no difficult fught other than magik and UC who can be quaked. since your main damage dealer is medusa you don't want to fight champs who are debuff immune or cannot keep up the bleeds in short path there is venom pool kamala and daredevilHK who are going to be a struggle.. and jane who cant be hit into block and strange too who might be a pain.

since starlord relies on raw damage, the less health you have to get through with less BS the better. and short path has a million health less(iirc)
  • Options

same boat. short path has no difficult fught other than magik and UC who can be quaked. since your main damage dealer is medusa you don't want to fight champs who are debuff immune or cannot keep up the bleeds in short path there is venom pool kamala and daredevilHK who are going to be a struggle.. and jane who cant be hit into block and strange too who might be a pain.

since starlord relies on raw damage, the less health you have to get through with less BS the better. and short path has a million health less(iirc)
    while i agree with that, The "easy" longer path has a lot of annoying fights which makes me wary.
    i started inhumans and it was a slog, i ended up quitting it.
  • Options

xNig said:

how much did you heal per fight? @xNig . i'm always out of potions and i can't bother farming rol
    For Thor JF, I healed to full cause fighting her meant you needed to tank some blocks.

Almost everyone else usually until slightly below 50%. Most of the time I just revive and fight since using SL, your damage comes only above 70-80 combo and if you get hit after that, you won’t deal much for that fight.
  • Options

xNig said:

Yeah but 113 of those revives were ones that I grinded out so the actual unit cost was only around 2.5K. Definitely not my best gameplay either
    Yeah. I went in with about 60 revives and spent about 1k units I think.