My first r3?

WhoDaPooWhoDaPoo Member Posts: 344 ★★★
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I formed my first t5cc and can take a tech champ to r3. I'm on 6.2.5 and have the last 3 variants completed plus the tech variant. All are unduped and I run suicides maybe 30% of the time.

If Ghost was duped I think it would be her, but I just pulled warlock today and he's insane with and without suicides. Any advice would help.

My first r3? 109 votes

Ghost
37%
MagicBentonTheManMythLegendphillgreenMachoNachothanks4playingSungjKennadoJohnLocke117Warlord5386yuwAckbar67JuggerNotPikoluLpirnie5321StevieManWonderMiStaLovaMother_FlerkenKRANꓘTRONG94dangarang122 41 votes
Hulkbuster
3%
Warmachibe0casual0Yodabolt21Real_Madrid_76_2 4 votes
Warlock
51%
danielmathLightburn22mmmbanyasBpn88855SpicyslicerKamikaze_TurtleMasterduxm3t4syl20Championcriticzeezee57Colonaut123ZADO1991RookiieTitan41RockypantherxSbkruebCtuchikDeaconHera1d_of_Ga1actuste_dua_shum 56 votes
Wait till you beat the Grandmaster
7%
OkizzeRenaxqqLpooWill3808BuggyDClownStephD87Zippy_halliganThe_HoTU 8 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,077 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    not sure why it's even a decision, easily warlock
  • WhoDaPooWhoDaPoo Member Posts: 344 ★★★
    The votes are about as split as I am. Would warlock or ghost have a special advantage to get though 6.3 and 6.4over the other?
  • Zippy_halliganZippy_halligan Member Posts: 173
    If you haven't done the CAIW boss fight (i dont remember what chapter hes in) ghost with the hood synergy is good for that fight
  • Ace2319Ace2319 Member Posts: 619 ★★★
    Warlock
    I personally would do hulkbuster but I think warlock would be a smarter choice
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Member Posts: 3,112 ★★★★★

If you haven't done the CAIW boss fight (i dont remember what chapter hes in) ghost with the hood synergy is good for that fight

I did it with unawakened 6* r1 ghost. Was not fun and didn’t really use her afterward till i duped her. I would definitely do warlock or HB for fun
  • LpooLpoo Member Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Ghost is the most solid choice, but can’t go wrong. In all reality, you will have an r3 in chapter 6, which will help you out immensely. Most don’t have that luxury, so you’ll be good regardless. Who’s your fave?
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,299 ★★★★★
    I would say to wait a bit to get to GM. don't get me wrong. With new content coming you will pull some new champs and will have better thinking than.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    If you know how to and enjoy playing Ghost, she's one of the best champs in the game. Personally, I've never quite gotten along with her while Warlock was my second (and my first tech) r3. He's such a beast.

I wouldn't rank up Hulkbuster ahead of either of them, but man, I want an r3 Hulkbuster! I was just thinking how amazing it would have been yesterday when I was fighting a boss in 7.1. I love Hulkbuster. His damage is absolutely nuts when you've racked up some shocks on the opponent and constantly unblockable special attacks just feel godly. Nice utility as well.
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Member Posts: 464 ★★
    Warlock
    With true strike modes added to every hard content not much usage of ghost in near future.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,550 ★★★★★
    Hulkbuster
    Most people would prefer a ghost easily, but I hate her play style, so I chose HB(got him as a six star last month before my birthday). He has extremely good damage, good synergies, some utility and even some resistance to suicide masteries. As a r1 6 star he took down rol ws in 65 hits which is totally unbelievable(without boosts without suicides) so I would prefer him over any tech champ(except guardian)
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Member Posts: 500 ★★★
    Ghost
    Act 6 chapter 3 and chapter 4 are made for ghost. When I recently did my act 6 run, my HB and Warlock were benched as I found myself using Ghost for every quest. So yeah, she will put a lot of work in 6.3 and 6.4, arguably more than Warlock.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Member Posts: 4,155 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    Both warlock and ghost are very valuable for act 6. Choose whoever you like more.
  • WhoDaPooWhoDaPoo Member Posts: 344 ★★★
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. I went with Ghost. She was my second 6* and I've been banking tech t5cc since just for her. The comments on her use for 6.3 and 6.4 really sealed the deal. It hit me I benched her the past two months because I was fed up with the lag/frozen screen stuff in story mode. Now that I'm clearing story content again I'm using her a lot more. I love Warlock and HB too but they'll be fine at r2 for now.

Thanks again everyone. This is why I love this community. Everyone's willing to jump in and share to help others make informed decisions :)
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Member Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    Unpopular opinion, but Warlock is better than Ghost.
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Warlock
    5/65 awakened ghost will out damage an unawakened 6R3 Ghost by some distance. Warlock will really benefit from the attack boost. It’s warlock hands down
  • Demon_was_taken23Demon_was_taken23 Member Posts: 10
    Ghost
    Ghost assuming you have wasp as a 5 or 6*. If not warlok
  • Will3808Will3808 Member Posts: 3,740 ★★★★★
    Since you said that you would take up ghost if she was duped, I see no reason to take any of them to rank 3 until you’ve completed act 6 and can get thronebreaker. For all you know you could dupe ghost in that amount of time and then you won’t even have to make this decision.