**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Solo Players need way to earn Glory

recently left alliance. AQ way to repetitive and too frequent. Two and half straight years of 6 days on then only a 2 day break. Its really getting to be too much of the same. So solo is a nice break but there is absolutely no way to earn glory. This is a shame. Cant progress now but same time sick of AQ.

Comments

• Options
    Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    I don't want to join alliance. LOL people read the entire post.
  • Options
    Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    Glory is an Alliance based reward, so to ask for a way for someone not in an alliance to get this reward makes no sense at all

People are reading the whole post, its the fact that it doesnt make any sense at all is what is confusing you
  • Options
    YoungspookyYoungspooky Posts: 60
    edited October 2017
    A good idea would maybe be “p.u.g.s” or pick up groups.match making matches 10v10,20v20,30v30 solo players who are just looking to build glory with people for a one time purpose, kinda like the battlegrounds in populr MMOS like world of Warcraft. you can either go in as a group and be strategic and coordinated or go in as a pug and hope for the best. people could either be matched by their player rating or they could possibly set their selected defense be it 3*,4*,5*,6* and the match making could be based of of their teams over all defender rating and they’d be placed in teams depending on their individual team ratings, this would keep all tiers relevant for years to come and would allow them to grow the game however they see fit. Then they could introduce things like ratings for accounts and they could create ladders and it would create a higher demand for newer 3*,4*,5*,6* champs depending on what tier you decide to play in. While also keeping things engaging... kabam wins, we win because we won’t feel like we ranked our champs for no reason
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I kinda presented two different ideas without realizing I was ranting, just curious as to both of your opinions on my suggestion @DNA3000 @GroundedWisdom one idea would be a “pug” match making system based on defender rating
    The second would for them to break of AW into champs tiers (3*,4*,5*,6*)
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Might as well get rid of all alliances and make everything available to people that play solo
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Might as well get rid of all alliances and make everything available to people that play solo

The only issue I see with what you’re saying is that you’re assuming a majority of people prefer to play solo and I feel like In a game where progression is key to your rosters growth being surrounded by a group of likeminded individuals with a similar goal is paramount to achieving that goal/s
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    A good idea would maybe be “p.u.g.s” or pick up groups.match making matches 10v10,20v20,30v30 solo players who are just looking to build glory with people for a one time purpose, kinda like the battlegrounds in populr MMOS like world of Warcraft. you can either go in as a group and be strategic and coordinated or go in as a pug and hope for the best. people could either be matched by their player rating or they could possibly set their selected defense be it 3*,4*,5*,6* and the match making could be based of of their teams over all defender rating and they’d be placed in teams depending on their individual team ratings, this would keep all tiers relevant for years to come and would allow them to grow the game however they see fit. Then they could introduce things like ratings for accounts and they could create ladders and it would create a higher demand for newer 3*,4*,5*,6* champs depending on what tier you decide to play in. While also keeping things engaging... kabam wins, we win because we won’t feel like we ranked our champs for no reason

Basically you're proposing Temporary Allies? I'm not sure I could get behind that. It's dangerously close to Shell Allies. Players would be going Solo just to boost their Accounts, and then returning to their Allies. Something that already occurs. Now, I'm not opposed to feeling out an Ally and finding the right fit. That's what happens alot. However, one of the key elements to being part of an Ally is loyalty. The point of being in an Ally is to work together to accelerate growth. As such, there are certain incentives, such as Glory. It's a way of gaining more Rewards in an Ally, and it allows the Player more freedom to select those Rewards. It's an idea, just not one I could see being implemented feasibly. However, if there was a separate Event for Solo Players to earn Glory, I wouldn't be opposed to it. I'm just not sure how it would conflict with the encouragement to join an Ally.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    @Youngspooky I was being sarcastic
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Glory is an Alliance based reward, so to ask for a way for someone not in an alliance to get this reward makes no sense at all

People are reading the whole post, its the fact that it doesnt make any sense at all is what is confusing you

It does make sense... dudes spent 2 and a half years of doing AQs and just wants to chill without the shifts... it's a valid question and point.

Yes glory is alliance based, but they could still expand it to other solo quests/events.

Not as much obviously but a little 300-400 glory every month or something wouldn't be a crime.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Basically you're proposing Temporary Allies? I'm not sure I could get behind that. It's dangerously close to Shell Allies. Players would be going Solo just to boost their Accounts, and then returning to their Allies. Something that already occurs. Now, I'm not opposed to feeling out an Ally and finding the right fit. That's what happens alot. However, one of the key elements to being part of an Ally is loyalty. The point of being in an Ally is to work together to accelerate growth. As such, there are certain incentives, such as Glory. It's a way of gaining more Rewards in an Ally, and it allows the Player more freedom to select those Rewards. It's an idea, just not one I could see being implemented feasibly. However, if there was a separate Event for Solo Players to earn Glory, I wouldn't be opposed to it. I'm just not sure how it would conflict with the encouragement to join an Ally.
    Not temporary allies but something you queue up for in game, an in game match making system based off your selected defense’s rating. You play with people for one match and once the match is done you queue up again to be matched with different people (or possibly the same ones if you’re lucky) . Also that’s why I proposed some sort of rating system the most skilled, strategic, well put together alliance would obviously have a much higher rating it’s much like the current war system but on a much more intricate level
  • Options

Not temporary allies but something you queue up for in game, an in game match making system based off your selected defense’s rating. You play with people for one match and once the match is done you queue up again to be matched with different people (or possibly the same ones if you’re lucky) . Also that’s why I proposed some sort of rating system the most skilled, strategic, well put together alliance would obviously have a much higher rating it’s much like the current war system but on a much more intricate level

Well, it's an idea. It would have to have its own Reward System. AQ is based on Rank, Prestige, and Points. The Rewards are also awarded on a per-Ally basis. I mean, it's a thought. It would take some work, and it would potentially conflict with the current goals, but it's interesting.
  • Options
    CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    CammonRo wrote: »
    Yes there should be a way to get Glory for solo players. I also think there should be a way to get Loyalty without joining an alliance and Battlechips without fighting arena. And gold and ISO without questing. I should just be able to login and everything I need is right there. I just claim it by clicking a button. Please add T4 catalysts to this button also.

This discriminates against non-button pushers.

This is a great point. What if I don't WANT to push the button? Don't make me do something I don't want to do! So on second thought there should be no effort involved whatsoever.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    I kinda presented two different ideas without realizing I was ranting, just curious as to both of your opinions on my suggestion @DNA3000 @GroundedWisdom one idea would be a “pug” match making system based on defender rating
    The second would for them to break of AW into champs tiers (3*,4*,5*,6*)

I don't think PUG queues would work in MCOC. These kinds of things work in traditional MMOs because they are more real-time coordinated. Alliance activity in MCOC is more asynchronously coordinated. In other words, a decent player in a traditional MMO could just look around and see what the other players were doing and try to help on the fly. And the content was typically well known in advance so a lot of in-game coordination wasn't usually necessary. I don't think MCOC lends itself to that kind of gameplay. It took our alliance a while to become used to each player's capabilities, timezones, and other nuances. Throw random people together and they would likely be so uncoordinated that the content they faced would have to be watered down a lot to make it work.

I'm not sure I understand the tier idea. It sounds like a way to segregate alliances into brackets, but that doesn't help solo players.
  • Options
    Rogue42 wrote: »
    They don’t want you to play solo. They want you in an alliance where there are 29 others pressuring you to spend money on resources for the good of the group.

If your Ally is pressuring you to spend, or not spend for that matter, it might be a good idea to find a new one.
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Just join a casual alliance that does AQ.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Put some glory in the login calendar in place of the stuff nobody wants anyway.

Note: not saying all in the calendar is bad, just that some items aren't desired by players.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    I'm not sure if this is an inappropriate post for this area of the forums. If so, mods, please delete.

I recently started an alliance for people who do not want to be in an alliance. Right now there are only two of us. There are absolutely no participation or spending requirements or rules of any kind. I do request that you respond to help requests when you happen to be online, but even that is not a rule, it's just a matter of courtesy. You may participate in as much or as little as you want. We are not concerned at all with leaderboard rankings or prestige or anything of that nature.

I created the alliance solely to get some of the rewards that exist only for alliance members just for running game content you would already be running if you were not in an alliance. The intent is essentially to be the most casual alliance in the entire game, but the more members we get, the more "extra" rewards we will all receive.

If you're interested or want more info let me know and I'll send an invite or answer any questions. I probably will not check back into this thread and don't want to derail it further anyway, so please reach out to me directly via a direct message in the forums or in the game.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    Wubbie075 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is an inappropriate post for this area of the forums. If so, mods, please delete.

I recently started an alliance for people who do not want to be in an alliance. Right now there are only two of us. There are absolutely no participation requirements or rules. I would ask that you respond to help requests when you happen to be online, but even that is not a rule, it's just a matter of courtesy. You may participate in as much or as little as you want. We are not concerned at all with leader board rankings or prestige or anything of that nature.

I created the alliance solely to get some of the rewards that exist only for alliance members just for running game content you are already running.

If you're interested let me know and I'll shoot you an invite.

There is an alliance recruitment section of the forums, but in this case I believe this is relevant to the topic under discussion. An alliance operating under the parameters you describe is unlikely to be earning rank up resources much faster than a solo player, but a "solo" player playing within such an alliance will be earning more resources than they would otherwise while doing essentially nothing differently. In fact, responding to help requests takes almost no time and earns the player loyalty credits which are essentially free currency. There's little reason to not push a button that spills out rewards (however small) like an ATM.

If and when you get enough players, I recommend start doing Alliance Wars. By which I mean, start them up, place whatever randomly on defense, and then ignore the whole thing. You're handing someone else a free win, and you get rewards just for losing. It is another way to get essentially free rewards from the game for essentially no effort.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Then the beat way to do it is to start your Alliance, close it and solo your own alliance. Start map 1. And score a few points.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    @DNA3000 Yes, I did post in the alliance recruitment section a while back, but of course not many people who have no interest in joining alliances will be reading that area of the forums, lol. Also, if I recall correctly, I think you may have been one of the people who prompted me to create the alliance in the first place by responding to a post I made about how to get some value from alliance potions and revives I had collected.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    @Pry22 There are lots of good groups that only run 2 BGs in AQ and AW so that you don't have to do it every time it's up. I recommend you join one of them.
  • Options
    Making alliance quest and alliance wars less frequent would be a relief
  • Options
    AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    Hey maybe loyalty should be for solo too. Oh and maybe someday they'll do solo bases