Options

What is your opinion on this month's event quest?

MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
So I know some people who love this and some who don't like it mainly due to working for the symbiotes. Anyways I made this poll to see how everyone feels about this.

What is your opinion on this month's event quest? 86 votes

It's good
19%
Warlord5386RickGrimes_King73VoltolosSnakepXva23spigwenderMother_FlerkenUvoginFiiNCHDoctor_Strange19MCOCHazzaCeltic1981Yodabolt21TimestoneAdarsHWOLF_LINKSHIELD4AGENTKonstant45 17 votes
It's Ok
32%
LeNoirFaineantSpeedbumpTerrasubash_vikramFurious_Fighter1Rbk19yuwRaichu626MysteriodoctorbMaxGamingThatOneMasterGamerQacobHector_1475H3neRyKillswitch01deepblack12GOTGRenaxqqTrashyPanda 28 votes
It's bad
47%
DrZolaGrandOldKaiCarnage313Cristalmanjdrum663GK_23JubaknightDarkrider05tntslAdvRisenfromhellJakearoundTheLegend27Little_Crocodili29Webby72LordSmasherEtjamaDwhalen8554MiStaLovaOGAvenger 41 votes

Comments

• Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    It's good
    Ercarret said:

It's bad. In fact, it's as bad as I feared it would be last month. Given the grindy nature of last month's objectives, I remember thinking that I was dreading how this month would look like. Now that we're here, we can see that it consists of daily super annoying fights. I'm not even going to try that Agent Venom fight, but I've had to fight Symbiote Supreme three times and he just sucks. You have to stay close to him to be able to use your special attacks, but he's constantly unblockable so you always have to back away to bait out his attacks. He gains power like crazy but punishes you for trying to control that with debuffs. It just feels like there's an opposing node for every annoying node on him, punishing whatever counter you can think of. You are punished for being close to him, for being far away, for dexing his specials, for letting his power get out of control or for trying to keep it under control...Argh!

And I have to do this 25 times more? Christ.

On top of that, a lot of people just straight-up don't understand the event so I'm stuck explaining things again and again and again and again in the alliance chat. That's also a drag.

I guess Nova-Mode Torch will melt him in seconds. Without doing anything specific, just because he‘s Torch, one of the MCOC Gods. And he can usually tank multiple SP3 of weak Mystics.
  • Options
    Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 245 ★★
    It's bad
    If it was on its own it could be okay, but looking at the event as a whole I don't think the rewards balance out last month on top of the new daily grinds this month. I'm excited for kabam to experiment with new game and questing mechanics but tedious month-long objectives to unlock daily objectives to unlock daily boss quests to unlock a side quest is not a fun game format, especially when so many core game mechanics are on the fritz.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,737 ★★★
    It's Ok

I do the Sym Spidey one. It's not bad at all.

Who did u use???
    I use AA as one for me. Unsure of who else.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,041 ★★★★★
    It's Ok
    Rewards good, just very repetitive.
    I hope they take all the feedback into consideration if they ever do another month spanning event.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    It's bad
    Ercarret said:

It's bad. In fact, it's as bad as I feared it would be last month. Given the grindy nature of last month's objectives, I remember thinking that I was dreading how this month would look like. Now that we're here, we can see that it consists of daily super annoying fights. I'm not even going to try that Agent Venom fight, but I've had to fight Symbiote Supreme three times and he just sucks. You have to stay close to him to be able to use your special attacks, but he's constantly unblockable so you always have to back away to bait out his attacks. He gains power like crazy but punishes you for trying to control that with debuffs. It just feels like there's an opposing node for every annoying node on him, punishing whatever counter you can think of. You are punished for being close to him, for being far away, for dexing his specials, for letting his power get out of control or for trying to keep it under control...Argh!

And I have to do this 25 times more? Christ.

On top of that, a lot of people just straight-up don't understand the event so I'm stuck explaining things again and again and again and again in the alliance chat. That's also a drag.

I realized that I mixed up some nodes between the Cav EQ SymSup and the SQ SymSup, but he's still a really annoying boss.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,351 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    It's bad
    24 days worth grinding catalysts for symbioid, plus so much difficulty and tough node combination, waited and wasted full one month doing the objectives, and for this? Ew
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,789 ★★★★★
    It's Ok
    It’s pretty nice actually. Not grindy at al. It’s 3 fights a day, after the daily objective, which is pretty easy to do so far.

Then it gets much more interesting with the Pet Symbiote.

I like it quite a lot so far.
  • Options
    dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 416 ★★★
    It's bad
    doctorb said:

Who did u use???
    Venom is a great counter. Other than that I would say AA is the best option for it.
  • Options
    0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    doctorb said:

Who did u use???
    Mole Man works really good as well
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,593 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    It's bad
    I don’t think the conception, execution or communication of the event has been good. The rewards overall are not *bad*, but it feels like an effort to make people spend time in game rather than making them want to spend time in game.

I appreciate the effort put into trying something innovative. But it feels like there needed to be one more phase where the team stepped back and took stock of everything from a player’s perspective.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    It's bad
    This month's event can't be looked in isolation
    It is a continuation of last month & it's all one complete event
    In terms of that, it's really bad
    The rewards are underwhelming considering it's supposed to cumulate over 2 months & it is supposed to be a special event, not like other regular events just stretched over 2 months
    All those poorly designed objectives last month, the issues people are having w.r.t. anti venom & Symbiote, increased difficulty & monotonous nature of the side quests
    The rewards are decent but the experience to get those rewards hasn't been fun so far
    Hopefully the Knull quest will be different