**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance War Points System feels wrong!

Comments

• KrueLeeKrueLee Posts: 52
    Right, most comparisons aren’t perfect😅
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    edited October 2021
    xNig said:

KrueLee said:

Let’s compare it to soccer, one team has only 10 players because of a red card, should they automatically be unable to win because of missing about 10% of players (yes the 10% are not a perfect match but I think comparable to 25vs29)

You guys didn't win cause you didn't score more points. Simple as that.

Using your soccer analogy, the 10 player team will win if they scored more goals than the 11 player team.
    he also mentioned 1 person was on vacation and 3 couldnt join. so add that to the analogy, so 1 soccer player went on vacation during the game and now take 3 more players out of joining cause previous players were inactive or whatever now its around 5v11..... so i think its clear with less people you can do less both in a soccer game and in a mobile game... @KrueLee

Sorry @Crusaderjr I can’t hear you 🙃

Yes your right, we did less

I get what you are telling me @xNig . All I’m wondering about is, if quantity should beat quality 😉
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    It's like asking for act exploration rewards just because you did completion cheaply. No, you have to do the hard work and actually explore it.
    Yes I know, our diversity wasn’t good and we haven’t been enough to explore as much as our opponents.

My question was if it should be like this. As soon as one opponent has less members a victory becomes almost impossible, because diversity (if both do it perfect) and exploration can’t be won. No matter if you defeat more opponents, offensive and defensive.

Seems like you guys are happy with this system, I got that.
    Please check what I posted right above @Championcritic
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    KrueLee said:

Yes I know, our diversity wasn’t good and we haven’t been enough to explore as much as our opponents.

My question was if it should be like this. As soon as one opponent has less members a victory becomes almost impossible, because diversity (if both do it perfect) and exploration can’t be won. No matter if you defeat more opponents, offensive and defensive.

Seems like you guys are happy with this system, I got that.

theres a 2 bg option if you cant have consistency with people staying or activity. so your 20 v 20 will be more your alley.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    KrueLee said:

Probably should have explored more of the map with them then...

None of us didn’t make it through the map😉 we had 29 members at the start of the AW, 1 guy on vacation and 3 new members unable to join.

When has exploring more of the map not been beneficial in war?

Yes exploration has always been beneficial, and the loss was correct after the current points system. But should it be like this?

I’m not sure, maybe I’m misunderstood because I’m not writing in my own language.

Let’s compare it to soccer, one team has only 10 players because of a red card, should they automatically be unable to win because of missing about 10% of players (yes the 10% are not a perfect match but I think comparable to 25vs29)

KrueLee said:

Please check what I posted right above @Championcritic

I did, and i have edited my comment
    I know @Crusaderjr , but a 2bg victory results in less season points than a 3 bg loss, but that’s not what I tried to talk about 😊
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    They beat you in both Diversity and Exploration. There are a number of metrics at play in War. Duration is only used as a Tie Breaker. Outside of Attack Bonus, Defender Kills are moot.
    Right, @GroundedWisdom and @GluteusMaximus i know exactly how it works, my question was if it should be like this, maybe you haven’t read the whole thread
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    Your points < their points.

Syence
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    The switch from DKills to ABonus was one of the best changes ever for AW.

Good thing that happened several years ago.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Wasy1 said:

Yes because the other alliance had more points scored than you guys. That’s all that matters.

No they didn't
    bruh they literally did before win bonus it was 141,730 to 141,750 pts.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★
    With kabam giving us alliance war compensation, more reasons to use items 🤣
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    KrueLee said:

Probably should have explored more of the map with them then...

None of us didn’t make it through the map😉 we had 29 members at the start of the AW, 1 guy on vacation and 3 new members unable to join.

When has exploring more of the map not been beneficial in war?

Yes exploration has always been beneficial, and the loss was correct after the current points system. But should it be like this?

I’m not sure, maybe I’m misunderstood because I’m not writing in my own language.

Yeah 10% is not a perfect match since 1 out of 11 is not 10%...
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Yes, it should be like this. You were missing 13% of your group. You chose to run 3bg knowing you’d likely lose (but get points for a bg clear) instead of running your best 20 in 2bg war and trying to increase the odds of a win.

Also, despite the nonsense Kabam mentioned with the scoring changes, you probably would’ve lost by even more in the old scoring. Kabam’s changes made it disadvantageous to rush one path/one pod, but they actually made it easier to overcome skipping defenders.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    KrueLee said:

Right, @GroundedWisdom and @GluteusMaximus i know exactly how it works, my question was if it should be like this, maybe you haven’t read the whole thread

What you are saying is vaguely similar to like, Oh, you study super hard into the night for a final exam tomorrow, then you overslept and missed the start of the exam by 30 mins. Should they still let you in to take the test? most probably that's not gonna happen even though you feel like you deserve a chance to take the exam you studied for. Likewise here, there is a score system and you lost in some areas, nothing you can do about it.