Oversaturated Market: No gold for top 1000

Buddies18Buddies18 Member Posts: 4
I recently bought the 30$ offer to get the oversaturated Market solo event. I was mainly going for the 5 million gold but accidentally got deadpool. The top 1000 rewards don't have any gold in them. I don't see why we should get punished and not get gold for getting a higher score. The top 1000 rewards should have either 6 million gold or 5 million gold. I hope kabam gives out 5 or 6 million gold to the top 1000 players. @Kabam Miike

Comments

• CainCain Member Posts: 559 ★★
    Give gold to the top 1000 fr. Like why would they not get gold I feel like this was an oversight. I wanted to recoup the gold I spent on the offers not realizing if I got top 1000 that wouldn’t happen.
  • ShmrckxShmrckx Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2021
    I agree that the top 1000 should get the gold too! I purchased the deal and tried to get towards the top of the gold rewards because I'm desperate for gold. I played sparingly (400 event points) but apparently so did everyone else. I got none of what I wanted and a 5 star Deadpool that I can't use for what I'm working on in game. Please help us @Kabam Miike
  • AddictorAddictor Member Posts: 428 ★★★

Crcrcrc said:

You... accidentally got a highly valued champ?

To be fair the cut offs were actually much lower than I think anybody was expecting.
    Sure. The cutoff is unexpectedly low. So many units down the drain. I thought ppl would go crazy for him tbh.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,958 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

To be fair the cut offs were actually much lower than I think anybody was expecting.
    What was it? I was expecting like 3000
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Member Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Lowest I've seen hey him was like in the 400s
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Member Posts: 1,376 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Top 1000 was around 300 Points (what a joke, simple 100 per day). So really free.

I aimed for the Gold and actually got it, because I bought the deal one day late and only had 200ish Points. XD
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,815 ★★★★★
    How is it you're making this post 3 days later. It clearly showed you what you were going to get once you unlocked the event.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Member Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You do know most folks who ended up in top 1000 wanted to be there. There really isn’t a gold problem anymore in the game. If you have a gold problem that means you don’t play enough. I’m not ftp but I don’t buy many offers I have 78 million gold. I do arena but not as much anymore either.

I don’t think it’s kabams fault you have a gold problem or iso problem or you accidentally got a very sought after super rare champ. It was a paid event at 29.99 in the state of the game where it is. Most folks probably thought twice about buying the offer and didn’t. In my alliance of 30 people where 20 of them are SPENDERS only 2 people got it. Doesn’t mean that’s how it was everywhere but makes you kind of think.
  • CainCain Member Posts: 559 ★★
    Top 1000 is also top 1-10%

You can’t tell me the top 1% and the top 1000 don’t overlap. If you’re in the top 1000 you’re in the top 10% and should get gold IMO. Pretty sure other arenas work like that.
  • Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Member Posts: 712 ★★★
    edited October 2021

I wish they gave gold too for top players but well cant complain...!!!
  • Buddies18Buddies18 Member Posts: 4

How is it you're making this post 3 days later. It clearly showed you what you were going to get once you unlocked the event.

I knew the rewards but I didn't think that I would get the top 1000 because I was trying not to.
  • Buddies18Buddies18 Member Posts: 4

You do know most folks who ended up in top 1000 wanted to be there. There really isn’t a gold problem anymore in the game. If you have a gold problem that means you don’t play enough. I’m not ftp but I don’t buy many offers I have 78 million gold. I do arena but not as much anymore either.

I don’t think it’s kabams fault you have a gold problem or iso problem or you accidentally got a very sought after super rare champ. It was a paid event at 29.99 in the state of the game where it is. Most folks probably thought twice about buying the offer and didn’t. In my alliance of 30 people where 20 of them are SPENDERS only 2 people got it. Doesn’t mean that’s how it was everywhere but makes you kind of think.

I had around 5 mil gold before buying the gold offers then I bought them and had around 50k so I bought the 30$ offer trying to get the good back. I'm not a big spender at all and this was rare for me.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,386 ★★★★★
    Buddies18 said:

I knew the rewards but I didn't think that I would get the top 1000 because I was trying not to.
    If you wanted guaranteed gold, you should've only gotten 1 point for the easiest million gold ever and spent the rest of that time grinding arena.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    I would've bought it had I known it was so easy to get the 5* DP. I passed assuming he would be more sought after.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,397 Guardian
    0Zeta0 said:

I am reposting this in this thread. I suspect at least 70% of players in the top 1000 of the Deadpool oversaturated event did not want to end up in the top 1000. They likely wanted to end up with between 3M to 5M gold, so they can either replenish their gold after their gold offer purchases or be able to buy all the gold offers. I made 845 with only 328 points. Surely, this is an effort a player consciously puts not to make top 1000. Depriving the ranked players from percentage rewards in an event with no baseline for the scores only alienates players. This frustration is made worse when gold offers are offered at the same time.

Based on the scoring curve for the top 200 places, 300th place was probably somewhere around 600-700 points. The highest score you could get without spending units and with reasonable sleep downtime is somewhere around 500 points. Given that, I believe it is highly unlikely that 70% of the top 1000 did not make a serious attempt to get there. Strategically, scoring more than 200 points when you don’t want Deadpool would be foolhardy, but scoring 500 points or higher would be completely idiotic.

On top of that, the top 1000 is almost certainly disproportionately loaded with people who are both spenders *and* grinders. These are the very people who overwhelmingly have large surpluses of gold. I’m pretty sure the number of people who got him and didn’t want him is a curious and somewhat inexplicable minority.

I put up 321. I was debating whether to put up more but decided to roll the dice on the cutoff ending up on the lower end of the scale. If I absolutely did not want Deadpool, I would have stopped at 150 and called it a weekend. Scoring more points would have been counterproductive past that point.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Member Posts: 1,376 ★★★★
    Well, I wouldn‘t mind getting 5* Deadpool for Collection, but the Gold/Units were the more useful Rewards (especially if you already own Whitepool for Fury Syn). Plus I like the Cake pic and „At least you tried“ title more (it‘s funny and more suitable to all the previous Deadpool Events).

Could have done a little more for another million, but I‘m fine with that.