**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

DO NOT USE AAR ON KANG, he wasn’t bug tested at all

CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
edited October 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Any type of AAR on Kang can cause your properly executed specials to literally blow up in your face. This has cost me 10+ revives already as well as having to disable assassin in my mastery.

This is pretty frustrating because you gotta make sure there’s zero chance of AAR on him (Hit Monkey’s disorient killed me…) pictures for proof….

Here’s me activating my SP2 when that was the task

Here’s the task turning red indicating I somehow failed it…..

And here’s Kabam taking my units for really no good reason…

Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    The interaction with AAR written in Kangs abilities…
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Cain said:

ItsDamien said:

Cain said:

Cain said:

So you think Kabam intended to make this fight unplayable with any champs that reduce ability accuracy? And they intended that you could never reliably launch specials against a stunned opponent. They also intended to make everyone change their masteries if they had assassin on even though nothing like this interaction has ever been in the game.

It’s supposed to be an informative post so people realize it’s bugged and don’t get screwed like me. Please troll elsewhere, your reputation precedes you.

Magneto works like this everywhere in the game
    What do you mean? Magneto causes his own abilities to fail? Ability accuracy reduction affects the opponent right? So if Kangs ability accuracy is reduced, why are my abilities failing?
    Because AAR can positively and negatively affect you, especially when it comes to nodes. I haven’t looked at 7.3 yet, but if it’s a node interaction that is failing then that makes sense as to why AAR is causing an issue.
    I’m not sure what you mean, that’s pretty vague. Again when has AAR on an opponent caused your own abilities to fail? Check out the fight on YouTube and I’m curious to hear what you think.
    Again if it’s a node interaction AAR can reduce that from triggering because the node is considered the enemies ability, even if it benefits you. Like the Darkhawk SoP fight with Magneto. Every 5 hits you were supposed to get a buff that meant you could block unblockable specials, but Magnetos AAR reduced that chance and prevented the positive effect being placed on you.
    In either case, I don't think that's how this fight is supposed to be then.

It'll be fixed.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Cain said:

It's almost like AAR does similar things all over the game...

It’s almost like you know this doesn’t make sense but you love drama.

How does the opponent having their ability accuracy reduced mean my abilities fail. I’d love to watch the mental gymnastics routine, Simone Biles got nothing on you.
    Those aren't your abilities though. You gaining plor losing power in specials is tied to Kang's abilities. Just like when Domino fails matador, the game sees matador as an extension of the opponent abilities.
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Cain said:

Any type of AAR on Kang can cause your properly executed specials to literally blow up in your face. This has cost me 10+ revives already as well as having to disable assassin in my mastery.

This is pretty frustrating because you gotta make sure there’s zero chance of AAR on him (Hit Monkey’s disorient killed me…) pictures for proof….

Here’s me activating my SP2 when that was the task

Here’s the task turning red indicating I somehow failed it…..

And here’s Kabam taking my units for really no good reason…

It's not your abilities
    It's kangs ability of selecting number
    In 7.3.1 I used red mags and domino at special delivery matador node, matador kept failing
    Aar affects nodes too
    There is plenty of time when domino failed to gain fury passive in cav EQ
    However I do think it would be cool if big bosses would have ability accuracy reduction immune and power control Immune
  • Options
    Also it seems odd that it says clearly that when he’s knocked down by the proper special that powerloop is “immediately” removed and the opponent gains a power charge. Whereas simply being at the proper power level distinctly mentions ability accuracy, it’s clear they are two distinct separate points in the way it’s worded.

(And again even if I’m completely wrong the math still doesn’t add up for Falcon)
  • Options
    Then there’s this interaction where someone used Starky SP3 (causing ensnare which is AAR) then Kang was wounded but not stunned. So they got the charge and didn’t receive damage but Kang was only half wounded? I highly doubt that’s intended. He’s either wounded or he’s not? Right?

• Options
    chaos12996chaos12996 Posts: 169 ★★
    Also it is mentioned in his text that if power charge fails to trigger due to aar u take damage. Its not like they are sneaky with it
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Kang has very low stun duration . so I dont see pacify coming into play. Also i did it 6 times and never once did assasin mastery come into play. I can see how it can affect though but very low chance. And AAR reduction champs straight up are not reliable for that fight.
    Ps i also went in with magneto and died. Then read his text haha
  • Options

Also it is mentioned in his text that if power charge fails to trigger due to aar u take damage. Its not like they are sneaky with it

Did you read anything about the math and how that’s statistically not possible with one point in assassin?

Also it only mentions that for when you are at the power level, it uses clearly different wording for when you launch the special.

Further, is there any penalty for throwing a special that isn’t prompted? No there isn’t so if that’s the case it should just give you the remaining time to try to do the prompt…

For example if you need to launch a SP1 you can launch your SP2 to shed some power and you take no damage. So why is the prompt immediately failing it’s just wrong. Even if you disagree the math for one point in assassin makes zero sense…right?
  • Options
    Cain said:

Did you read anything about the math and how that’s statistically not possible with one point in assassin?

Also it only mentions that for when you are at the power level, it uses clearly different wording for when you launch the special.

Further, is there any penalty for throwing a special that isn’t prompted? No there isn’t so if that’s the case it should just give you the remaining time to try to do the prompt…

For example if you need to launch a SP1 you can launch your SP2 to shed some power and you take no damage. So why is the prompt immediately failing it’s just wrong. Even if you disagree the math for one point in assassin makes zero sense…right?
    I did use different special to the prompt several times and it did not fail for me. It only failed for me when the prompt timer expired and my power wasnt matching the prompt.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

It's almost like AAR does similar things all over the game...

I'd love to see you use AAR to skip grandmasters phases or gwenmasters. Champ bosses like this, hell even EQ bosses have AAR immunity for their stages
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

Cain said:

Then there’s this interaction where someone used Starky SP3 (causing ensnare which is AAR) then Kang was wounded but not stunned. So they got the charge and didn’t receive damage but Kang was only half wounded? I highly doubt that’s intended. He’s either wounded or he’s not? Right?

Thats a linked node bro where he isnt stunned in wounded phase
    Except the other wounded phases before that he was stunned.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★

This is a very long winded way of saying “I don’t know how ability accuracy affects beneficial effects on my own champions when they come from nodes or opponents abilities”.

Like come on, you seriously saying you’ve never tried something like magneto vs matador node and not gained power because you’ve shut down the node? These sorts of interactions are nothing new, irritating, but nothing new.

And you clearly didn't read the rest of his comments because the math doesn't make sense.