**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Extremely fast game?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★

Camby01 said:

It's an issue that occurs when you're doing a piece of content for a long time, at least in my experience. When I was doing my SL and Inhumans Labyrinth runs, I noticed that if I was in the quest for longer than about 30 minutes, then the fights would start speeding up and controls would get wonky. I countered it by just stopping for a break when it happened or playing with an icepack under my phone. I'm not sure if the ice pack actually helped or not.

I think that's called a Memory Leak, when you keep the Game running too long it Progressively gets more Unstable which can cause issues when something like an input drops or animation fails causing a crash. (Don't know the full details on that though so I might have gotten that wrong)
    That's the exact opposite of my experience, and for that matter, my ally mates on Android.

Do you "know" that is memory leak, is it something you have experienced, able/qualified to diagnose? When I pause the game for 15 to 30 seconds mid fight I generally get a more stable experience. Not always, but more so than not. Doesn't really make day 5 of aq much fun pausing a fight for 30 seconds.
    It wouldn't be over a matter of minutes, it'd be more like if you were playing for 3 hours straight for example you would start to notice little drops in frames or input here and there progressively getting worse the longer you're on for. It's not something only Apps and Mobile Devices experience, and is usually fixed by simply closing and reopening the App/Game or resetting the device.

What I don't know is if it's different for every device, but very well could be or more specifically every different Operating System.
    Again, is this personally observed, are you actually on Android? I can speculate all I want about the ios experience on this game, I have some experience, but 99% is on Android. I have closed/restarted/paused/rebooted etc etc etc. It is a completely random process. I can however tell you that when I go into the game in 30 mins, it will be paced quicker than "normal"
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Camby01 said:

Camby01 said:

It's an issue that occurs when you're doing a piece of content for a long time, at least in my experience. When I was doing my SL and Inhumans Labyrinth runs, I noticed that if I was in the quest for longer than about 30 minutes, then the fights would start speeding up and controls would get wonky. I countered it by just stopping for a break when it happened or playing with an icepack under my phone. I'm not sure if the ice pack actually helped or not.

I think that's called a Memory Leak, when you keep the Game running too long it Progressively gets more Unstable which can cause issues when something like an input drops or animation fails causing a crash. (Don't know the full details on that though so I might have gotten that wrong)
    That's the exact opposite of my experience, and for that matter, my ally mates on Android.

Do you "know" that is memory leak, is it something you have experienced, able/qualified to diagnose? When I pause the game for 15 to 30 seconds mid fight I generally get a more stable experience. Not always, but more so than not. Doesn't really make day 5 of aq much fun pausing a fight for 30 seconds.
    It wouldn't be over a matter of minutes, it'd be more like if you were playing for 3 hours straight for example you would start to notice little drops in frames or input here and there progressively getting worse the longer you're on for. It's not something only Apps and Mobile Devices experience, and is usually fixed by simply closing and reopening the App/Game or resetting the device.

What I don't know is if it's different for every device, but very well could be or more specifically every different Operating System.
    Again, is this personally observed, are you actually on Android? I can speculate all I want about the ios experience on this game, I have some experience, but 99% is on Android. I have closed/restarted/paused/rebooted etc etc etc. It is a completely random process. I can however tell you that when I go into the game in 30 mins, it will be paced quicker than "normal"
    Yes it's personally observed, and yes I play on Android.
    But Memory Leak is something that can occur on Any Device with Any App/Game, not just Mobile Phones or just this Game, but in this case I've seen it occur on Multiple Devices while playing this game specifically.
    The only thing I was unsure about was the minute technical details, not that I don't know if it exists or not.
  • Options
    No worries @jdrum663 been a topic that's been on the forefront of my game experience, glad you brought it up.
  • Options
    jdrum663 said:

Thanks guys and thanks @Camby01! I didn't mean to cause drama, I'm kind of experiencing all of the above. Besides all of the block,, dex, parry, sp, heavy, etc bugs the game runs super slow opening crystals, moving anywhere, or pretty much anything that's not actual fighting. During fights it'll change speeds a lot. Sometimes it's slow (the defender moves like it's 2016), sometimes it's what we would consider "normal", and sometimes it's super fast. Not necessarily 2X fast but fast. Defenders charge heavies in what feels like 1/4 of a second, run across the screen and hit me before I can react (for example, making Rhino almost constantly Unstoppable) and explosions and things like that happen so fast I can barely see them. I know the laws of physics don't apply but at times it's ridiculously fast. Maybe it's all tied to the whole "memory leak" thing. I agree with most of what you all said. Sometimes pausing will help, sometimes not. I appreciate the input and didn't intend to cause a debate. I just wanted to see if I was alone in seeing all of this. Oh! I'm on Android 11 with everything updated if it matters. Sorry to be so long, I just wanted to clarify. Thanks!

Also just to be clear I wasn't trying to dispute any of their explanation and do agree with it, the only think I was referring to was when they said "PI" was the Scaling Factor it's more specifically Challenging Rating. The Memory Leak thing can be a separate cause, with both potentially happening at the same time.
  • Options
    Fair enough, I only used the PI in my example because it is a generally understood reference point.
  • Options

Camby01 said:

Camby01 said:

Yes it's personally observed, and yes I play on Android.
    But Memory Leak is something that can occur on Any Device with Any App/Game, not just Mobile Phones or just this Game, but in this case I've seen it occur on Multiple Devices while playing this game specifically.
    The only thing I was unsure about was the minute technical details, not that I don't know if it exists or not.
    Just because I can't let that go, memory leak can occur, but it only happens for this game, in my experience. I can flip into a different app/game runs fine, no issues, go back in, issues. I have played this game on a flagship Android phone since the outset. If it's "memory leak" on the device, why would other apps be unaffected without closing out said app instead of putting it in background?

If that is indeed the case, would it not be the App that is causing the issue?
  • Options
    In other words, if I rebooted my phone/device every time I played the game vs a similar level of content complexity, I should be assured of the same game play experience.

That is nowhere close to what I have experienced. It's more like rolling a standard di and seeing which of the 6 sides come up, btw never know until the first punch is thrown
  • Options
    Camby01 said:

In other words, if I rebooted my phone/device every time I played the game vs a similar level of content complexity, I should be assured of the same game play experience.

That is nowhere close to what I have experienced. It's more like rolling a standard di and seeing which of the 6 sides come up, btw never know until the first punch is thrown

That's because Memory Leak isn't the only thing at play here, we all know this game has Multiple Issues in a Variety of Areas, and Memory Leak is something that can be easily dealt with in some cases but then not so in others from a development standpoint.
    For example this is a Constant Online Game with Multiple Aspects to keep it Running in Multiple Regions all Connected as well, meaning it's Much Harder to discern the cause of any "Unsynced" Transmissions if you will when compared to something like a Singleplayer Game or an Online App like Facebook that built infrastructure to make sure it doesn't happen.

I never said it was specific to your case or what's going on with op's, but it is a Thing that Exists here and that Can and Has affected not just me but tons of people on a Variety of Devices. It Could be One of Many Causes for certain Issues, I just brought it up when it sounded similar to the issue they were having.

As well again like I mentioned it is a Slow Burn thing so no you aren't likely to be able to diagnose it as the issue when switching between apps or not playing long enough for the errors to become noticable, but it definitely exists here and Will appear if you never close the app even on the best of phones because the type of game this is.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if your random capitalizations are code for italics, emphasis, etc. My first instinct is to immediately dismiss all you have written based on that alone. To defend the indefensible, well tried, failed. This game is broken, has been, been band-aided for years, and I can probably pull a post from years ago saying that it would eventually fail due to it.
  • Options
    jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    edited October 2021
    Camby01 said:

I'm not sure if your random capitalizations are code for italics, emphasis, etc. My first instinct is to immediately dismiss all you have written based on that alone. To defend the indefensible, well tried, failed. This game is broken, has been, been band-aided for years, and I can probably pull a post from years ago saying that it would eventually fail due to it.

I agree. I've been posting in the bugs category for at least a year about these issues. I slacked off after getting some reports deleted and a warning for asking them to please fix the game. I wasn't alone in reporting those bugs but, as we all know, it's gotten worse lately for a lot of people. I'm not disagreeing with Liberty but I'm definitely agreeing with you Camby. It's so hit and miss, no pun intended, when it happens that it's hard to adjust to in a timely manner (or any matter). Thanks again guys!
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Higher fps in the game gives the illusion of fatswr animation and defenders. Maybe that?
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    I sometimes feel like the people here are playing a different game. Haven‘t had the Parry and whatever issues and of course nothing like the problem described here. Yeah, sometimes the game is a little more laggy/connection issues … especially on Patch Days and so on, but that’s normal.

(iPhone 11 here)
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Camby01 said:

Camby01 said:

Not sure how to explain this to an ios user without actually having you see it... you would expect that a higher pi on the defender would make the defender move/evade/whatever mechanic quicker. Fair enough, makes sense right? If you are on Android, that same path fight, hour to hour, could be a difference of 20k pi as far as pace, or 0, no way to tell until you're in it. I have paused fights, waited 30 seconds and had a different "pace".

Wait there's a mechanic where defenders moves quicker based on PI? Android user and never noticed that.
    I was asked a question, I tried to respond as succinctly as possible, you can please go troll somewhere else.
    I ain't trolling. Love how you assume most people who respond to you are trolling you or something.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Yeah other contents are normal but champs in 7.3 looks fast like they are on steroids lol.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    I've seen this happen a lot. 1 - n fights in a row are normal and the next fight will be SF2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting with an SNK boss. No rhyme or reason to it.
  • Options
    Camby01 said:

Really? You're using how people type to ignore their entire conversations, as well Where At All Did I Defend the game and it's Issues?
    You've been continually misinterpreting and misconstruing almost everything I've said yet I've stayed chill the entire and didn't write off everything you said because of your Numerous Spelling Errors on previous comments...
  • Options
    HipocerosHipoceros Posts: 88
    A fight that always is faster than normal speed is Omega Red mini boss at AQ Map 7. He is really much faster than normal and at day five it becomes funny.
  • Options
    Fight speed is often variable for iPhone users as well. It isn’t necessarily driven by how long the app has been open or length of fight, nor is it a new problem.

Due respect, I think that issue is more prevalent in android than any Apple device I have ever used. As was stated by OP, I agree, doesn't matter if it's first fight or 50th, it is literally a **** shoot, in my experience.

• Options
    Sorry, that was a response to @DrZola
  • Options
    @LibertyPrimeV1 if it's a memory leak or something similar, would not closing all apps, restarting the phone/device to clear cache, then not give you the same game play experience? As was my initial posit. Answer that please.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    Must be the new device feeling for the first time
  • Options

Camby01 said:

That's because Memory Leak isn't the only thing at play here, we all know this game has Multiple Issues in a Variety of Areas, and Memory Leak is something that can be easily dealt with in some cases but then not so in others from a development standpoint.
    For example this is a Constant Online Game with Multiple Aspects to keep it Running in Multiple Regions all Connected as well, meaning it's Much Harder to discern the cause of any "Unsynced" Transmissions if you will when compared to something like a Singleplayer Game or an Online App like Facebook that built infrastructure to make sure it doesn't happen.

I never said it was specific to your case or what's going on with op's, but it is a Thing that Exists here and that Can and Has affected not just me but tons of people on a Variety of Devices. It Could be One of Many Causes for certain Issues, I just brought it up when it sounded similar to the issue they were having.

As well again like I mentioned it is a Slow Burn thing so no you aren't likely to be able to diagnose it as the issue when switching between apps or not playing long enough for the errors to become noticable, but it definitely exists here and Will appear if you never close the app even on the best of phones because the type of game this is.
    According to kabam there is no memory leak issue... care to rebut?