**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

November buffs announced !! Yeah baby

Comments

• BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    All nebula needs is a higher block rating. I love her as she is except she needs to be able to block more damage. Build up 20 charges- parry-L2 and watch the health just drain away.
    I’m afraid they are going to break her.
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    I think I'll save my excitement till they are actually updated.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,404 ★★★★★
    With all the dumpster fire characters, you’d think nebula would not be in line for immediate attention.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    In regards to Karnak, this is a perfect example of a champion who has nowhere to go but up and even in this instance the worst buff they could give him is still somehow a better buff. Then again who knows?
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    edited October 2021

There's only TWO things that Kabam needs to do to make Nebula great:

1- Cut the time needed by which she gains charges by at least half.

2- Give her more base Block Proficiency AND a give her a small amount of extra Block Prof and Energy Resistance per charge. Make it so at max charges she has Guardian-like BP and ER. Maybe make her shock immune too when she gets max charges. This will give you yet and extra incentive and utility for you to want to ramp her up to max charges.

Those two things right there and presto! She'll be usable again. Add that your standard minor number tweak of moderate buffs and we'll have a decent champ.

Now, if you really want an extra ability utility, I'd say you can make her able to block unblockables while at max charges. AFAIK, there is just one other champ that has this ability ( Mr. Sinister) so I do t see why they can't give it to at least one more champ. It they dont want too generous on this idea they can make it so once she has max charges, she'll lose two charges per unblockable hit she blocks. That way, she'd be able to eat a full unblockable 5 hit combo but at the expense of losing half her charges. She'd be able only to block unblockable specials that have ten hit or less. You can even tie this ability to her sig, by making it a 20% (min sig) to 100% ( max sig) chance to block unblockable hits and lose two charges per hit when at max charges.

I hope Kabam is listening/reading to this thread. Do what I write here and I can guarantee that people will be happy with a Nebula buff and will use her in a ton of content.

Yeah 1 and 2 are really just the minimum needed to make her a top tier champ. She already can shrug off shock debuffs and convert them into shock charges but only 3 times. They need to remove that limit and she will be effectively shock immune. The unblockable counter is interesting. Personally, I am hoping for a second way to gain charges like by hitting the opponent and maybe be able to manually activate her regen with an sp3 since it basically has no real value now. It won't take much to make her the deadliest woman in the galaxy.
  • The_HoTUThe_HoTU Posts: 445 ★★
    I'm still waiting for the iron patriot buff, imo he's the worst champion in the game; plus I have him has a 6*.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

I'm hyped for Nebula. The leaked image on reddit said she was getting a moderate buff which would be perfect.
    Her biggest flaw was her impractical playstyle so a few new abilities could fix that. Hopefully her buff changes her playstyle so she is easier to use while building on her already great damage and utility. Kabam has a good track record with moderate buffs so I'm actually pretty optimistic about this one.

I love nebs. Higher bp would be great for starters
    Always nice to find another Nebula fan. Hopefully more people like her after this buff. Higher BP would be helpful but that's not the only problem. Believe it or not, Nebula has higher block proficiency that iHulk, venom and venompool. You don't notice it because those characters don't require you to spend most of the fight blocking. Nebula doesn't need a lot of changes, just the right ones. A better and faster way to gain charges would make her so much more useable.
    To be fair Venompool, Venom and iHulk have a lot of physical resistance. Just like Ibom and Moleman have negative physical resistance but have a way to build it up and become absolute tanks. Nebula doesn't have the same thing which makes her feel more flaky.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

2- Give her more base Block Proficiency AND a give her a small amount of extra Block Prof and Energy Resistance per charge. Make it so at max charges she has Guardian-like BP and ER. Maybe make her shock immune too when she gets max charges. This will give you yet and extra incentive and utility for you to want to ramp her up to max charges.

Those two things right there and presto! She'll be usable again. Add that your standard minor number tweak of moderate buffs and we'll have a decent champ.

Now, if you really want an extra ability utility, I'd say you can make her able to block unblockables while at max charges. AFAIK, there is just one other champ that has this ability ( Mr. Sinister) so I do t see why they can't give it to at least one more champ. It they dont want too generous on this idea they can make it so once she has max charges, she'll lose two charges per unblockable hit she blocks. That way, she'd be able to eat a full unblockable 5 hit combo but at the expense of losing half her charges. She'd be able only to block unblockable specials that have ten hit or less. You can even tie this ability to her sig, by making it a 20% (min sig) to 100% ( max sig) chance to block unblockable hits and lose two charges per hit when at max charges.

I hope Kabam is listening/reading to this thread. Do what I write here and I can guarantee that people will be happy with a Nebula buff and will use her in a ton of content.

I hope they don't give her reduced shock duration that doesn't go down to -100% like Ultron and Thor Rags. That is the worst kind of pseudo-immunity. Reduced potency that goes all the way to -100% is always better
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    Chikel said:

I hope they don't give her reduced shock duration that doesn't go down to -100% like Ultron and Thor Rags. That is the worst kind of pseudo-immunity. Reduced potency that goes all the way to -100% is always better
    They don't even have to do that. She already has a shock shrug off mechanic. Just remove the 3 time limit and she is triple immune.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,404 ★★★★★

BeastDad said:

With all the dumpster fire characters, you’d think nebula would not be in line for immediate attention.

What do you mean? Shes a perfect candidate for moderate buff
    Over characters like iron fist, groot etc? Nebula is at least usable, there are several characters that are not that deserve immediate attention.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

DrDrill said:

I don't get excited anymore for buffs, only 2 per month, which gonna be one mediocre buff at best, the other will be nerf

If you can think of a way to nerf Karnak, I'll eat dirt.
    Take away the true strike, and his special 3 DAAR reduction is reduced too 20%
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021

DrDrill said:

I don't get excited anymore for buffs, only 2 per month, which gonna be one mediocre buff at best, the other will be nerf

If you can think of a way to nerf Karnak, I'll eat dirt.
    Take away the true strike, and his special 3 DAAR reduction is reduced too 20%
    Meh. He'd still be as useful as he is now. Lol. Don't get me wrong. I was the only person advocating that his True Strike has a use on here. I'm simply being realistic. XD