**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Maintenance started early?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Kabam, can we get the courtesy of an explanation as to why this happened and if we should expect it to continue to happen or if you will be working on it not happening again? I know it doesn't sound like 5 minutes is a big deal but as some people have said there are certain instances where it actually can have a very negative impact on the players.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

I haven't been affected by it, but they shouldn't make a habit out of this. It's better to be open for 5 mins after closing than to close up 5 mins early. That's just professionalism.

They normally are: this is the first time in a very long time that I can remember them jumping the gun rather than being a few minutes late. My guess is that lulled a lot of people into some false security there.

Personally, I don't do anything important running up to downtime, because I don't trust humans. But to those saying it is just a few minutes, when I schedule operational downtime I always start a couple minutes later than scheduled just in case, and I would never start even two seconds early because when it comes to scheduled downtime, nobody cares if you're two minutes late, but everything bad that happens if you're two minutes early is your fault.

Also, keep in mind that the app is "just a game" but the people supporting operations are not playing a game, they are doing an enterprise operations job. They should perform that job with the same care and diligence if the operational systems are running Marvel Contest of Champions, or Bob's Marvel fan page.

We shouldn't be blowing this out of proportion, things sometimes happen and that's just life. I don't need a dozen Nexus crystals for getting kicked out of the game four minutes early. But if I was in charge of operations, I'd be having a chat with my people, and it would not be one of my happy chats.