**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to properly build vtd

13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
Hey guys I just pulled vtd as my first 6 star I know his base mechanics and I was wondering the best way to build him

Comments

• Options
    Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    Depends on the game mode and if I need anything but for the most part I always grab the attack so furies and precision. I like to be fury heavy then maybe a couple precision, power gain and maybe even a regen or 2. But since they are random it's hard to bank exactly what you want but early in the quest I grab a few that I want then just let those ones stack.

I don't usually bank armor or perfect block but it happens when I panic and throw my specials.

He's also great for incursions.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Everyone has their own preference for Buffs, really. Spend some time getting to know which combinations you like.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Main thing for VtD is that first bit of Ramp Up is about Patience, but it is well worth it afterwards, when you start a quest with VtD in the party the suggested idea is to use him on the First Fight and stall (Sp1s speed up Charging) to get those Initial 3 Desired Buffs (or 4 with the Purgatory Synergy).

But if you wipe the enemy before you can get at least 2 Desired Buffs or get a bunch of Poor Buffs back to back to back (which will happen) simply Restart the Quest and fight the first enemy again until you feel comfortable, it's well worth it after the Ramp Up though when you're Bursting Down or Special Spamming Enemies to death in a matter of a couple seconds and ending every fight with Full Health...

The Buffs you want will depend on certain small things like if you need an Armor Up for a Havok Matchup, or more Precision for Nodes that Benefit from Crits. But for the Majority of cases you'll want to get a Fury for Damage of course, a Power Gain so you can Ramp Up Faster off the Sp1s and afterwards Spam Sp2s in quick succession or Sp3s to keep the Buffs active, then either a Precision for more Bleeds/Degens (Crit Damage with the Red Goblin Synergy) or Regen for Chip Damage and Survivability in the case of Unavoidable Damage Over Time Effects. Ideally you want 1 of each in that first fight, then in the next fight start with a Heavy Attack to immediately Bank those so you'll have Duplicates of the 3. Then from there it's again up to you on what you want to final 4 Buffs to be (this is where you can bring in the 4th Buff or third/forth Duplicates of your existing Buffs, the Buffs are Banked in a Set Order so let's say you have 2 Regen and 3 Fury and 1 Power Gain it'll Always bank 2 Regen then 1 Fury.

Buff Priority List:
    Regen
    Fury
    Perfect Block
    Precision
    Power Gain
    Armor
    (The Amount is also Banked in that order as I just mentioned, also this is Different from the Appearance Rate of the Buffs which is Entirely Random but can be slightly affected by Synergies but not by much)

Hope that wasn't too much at once, it seems like a lot but is actually quite simple after you get into the Rotation itself, let me know if you have anymore Questions.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Also that's just my suggestion Ramp Up Phase, you can play a Quest normally and just bank the Buffs that you want as they appear and by the end you'll most of the time have 10 once you hit the Boss. (But the RNG can occasionally kick you so that's why I like to play it safe with the First Fight)
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    THX
  • Options
    EtherionGodEtherionGod Posts: 251 ★★
    Stacking full regens is so satisfying when you go from low to full health in seconds.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    I usually do 3 furys, 2 precision, 2 regen and 3 power gain.
  • Options
    PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★
    I use him in AQ mainly, 3 or 4 fury's 3 or 4 precisions, 2 regen and 2 power. He destroys and stays topped off. Dont bother with block or armor as the regen takes care of that. Armors cool if you need it for questing.