**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Yondu buff?

JoshKosh557JoshKosh557 Posts: 2,833 ★★★★★
edited October 2021 in Suggestions and Requests

Yondu has a kit with a ton of potential. It needs some extra damage and a bit more utility. I like his really unique mechanics, so I designed a moderate update that I think looks good (around warlock, g2099, ultron lvl hopefully).Thanks to @BitterSteel for helping me balance it.

also, if kabam ever buffs yondu I really hope they give him a moderate instead of an overhaul

Note: Ravager tech allows you to shut down the opponent’s abilities, while also gaining damage from either an sp1 or sp3 cycle playstyle. On the other hand, Xandar tech allows for a faster fight, it reduces chip damage and makes the ai more aggressive, and it is not debuff reliant. Additionally, Yondu will punish people with buffs, especially the cosmic beings he is used to interacting with(and stealing from). Although Yondu is a force to be reckoned with on offense, be cautious when fighting him on defense. His weakness, power control, and AAR applies to nodes such as short burst lockdown and also interacts with suicides.

Prefights:
You can only activate one prefight per fight
Ravager tech
Xandar tech

If no prefight is activated, Ravager tech is selected by default

Note: watch out for ravager tech on defence

Always active:
Yondu’s high-octave vocal range gives him precise control over his yaka arrows. Enemies activating a Special Attack suffer Weakness for each Debuff effect they’re suffering from at the time of the activation, reducing Attack by 25% for 5 seconds.

Additionally, years of intense concentration using the yaka arrow allow Yondu to have a base ability accuracy of 150%

Note: I may have worded this part wrong but it means that all of yondu’s abilities have a 150% higher chance to trigger. This helps him against domino’s and disorient debuffs.

Yaka Arrow Hits (Light attacks and sp1):
100% chance to poke holes in fleshy targets, making them Bleed for 2000 Damage over 14 seconds.

If the target is immune to Bleed, they have a 100% chance to suffer a -500 Armor Break for 14 seconds instead

If Xandar tech is active, bleeds and armor breaks gain 150% potency

+424 Armor and Block Penetration

The strength and precision of Yondu’s Yaka Arrow allow it to trigger Critical Hits and Abilities through an enemy Block, additionally, yondu is stun immune when striking with his yaka arrows.

Medium attacks:
Yondu has a 100% chance to remove a buff, this ability can trigger through block.

Every time this ability triggers he receives 16% of his max power.

Note: I really liked his old ability where he “stole the opponent’s armor” which he could “trade for units later.” This is a new version that extends to all buffs without the rng factor, while also giving him “units” (power) in exchange for nullified buffs. I know that some people may be confused as to why a tech champ is good against cosmic champs but yondu spends his life fighting and stealing from cosmic champs in space, that was pretty much my reasoning.

All Attacks:
If ravager tech is active, Opponents Generate 8% less Power and 10% less Ability accuracy for each Debuff they suffer from.

Note: Ravager tech allows you to keep the opponent’s power under control while also limiting the triggers of pesky abilities at the cost of a slower sp2 ramp up.

Heavy Attack:
If Xander tech is active, 100% chance to apply a passive taunt decreasing attack by 40% and increasing the chance to throw a special by 70%.

Note: along with the weakness on opponent special activation. Xander tech should allow you to minimize chip damage while also staying aggressive.

Special 1:
100% chance to apply a non-stacking healblock for 10 seconds. If Xandar tech is active then apply a passive heal block for 15 seconds instead.

If the target is Regenerating, inflict Heal Block for 20 seconds. If Xandar tech is active then apply a passive heal block for 30 seconds instead.

Note: The heal block debuff counts toward Ravager tech. Use it wisely.

Special 2:
+424 Block Penetration
+1000 Attack for each Special Attack activated by either champ this fight. Max: x15

Special 3:
100% chance to gain 3 precision buffs, each boosting Critical Rating by 400 for 30 seconds
Severely damaged by the Yaka Arrow, enemies are powerlocked for 15 seconds.

Signature Ability:
Centaurian Archery: Yondu’s high-octave vocal range gives him precise control over his yaka arrows. if bleeds are triggered on a critical hit, they have a 100% chance to become critical bleeds scaling with crit damage multiplier. Additionally, Yaka arrows have a 100% chance to pause all buffs on yondu for 0.5-3 seconds.

Note: all in all, I tried to make yondu have meaningful utility and multiple playstyles while also keeping his unique abilities.

TLDR:
If Ravager tech prefight is used
Buff control
100% AAR
80% Power reduction
Heal block
150% base AA
Crit bleeds/armor breaks
Stun immune on lights and sp1
3 precision buffs on sp3

If Xandar tech prefight is used
Buff control
Taunt
Longer Heal block
150% base AA
50% stronger Crit bleeds/armor breaks
Weakness on opponent special activation
Stun immune on lights and sp1
3 precision buffs on sp3

Parts of his kit would definitely need in-game testing to balance perfectly but let me know what yall thought of this buff concept
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    It's a decent buff, but his bleeds are way OP and his ability to steal all buffs is unbalanced. Making him pretty much not be able to be parried is too extreme. I would hate to fight him.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

It's a decent buff, but his bleeds are way OP and his ability to steal all buffs is unbalanced. Making him pretty much not be able to be parried is too extreme. I would hate to fight him.

its exactly the same as it is now. You can only parry his mediums. I can see Bleed damage being op but I can’t really test that fully. Thx for the feedback
    I think @Colonaut123 means can’t parry mediums without losing buffs. Maybe to tune that a little for defence, you can’t steal buffs with yondu when the opponent well timed blocks? That way you can safely parry his medium.

Also, Colonaut, the bleed damage may well end up OP, when writing buffs we don’t have the facility to test damage as much so have to kinda estimate it. That would be something tuned during testing stages.
  • Options

its exactly the same as it is now. You can only parry his mediums. I can see Bleed damage being op but I can’t really test that fully. Thx for the feedback
    I think @Colonaut123 means can’t parry mediums without losing buffs. Maybe to tune that a little for defence, you can’t steal buffs with yondu when the opponent well timed blocks? That way you can safely parry his medium.

Also, Colonaut, the bleed damage may well end up OP, when writing buffs we don’t have the facility to test damage as much so have to kinda estimate it. That would be something tuned during testing stages.
    No buffs, constant bleeds. It's too unbalanced. You either have constant bleeds with low damage, or occasional bleeds with high damage, but not both.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★
    I think it's got some fun ideas. I like the idea of using different tech styles (Xandar/Ravager).

I also like his increased AAR, and how he reduces his opponents AA and combat power via debuffs - I did the same kind of thing in my own Yondu rework (here, if you're interested)

I think quite a lot of it needs toned down a bit. If he's going to steal buffs, he should either get a copy, or gain Power; not both. And if you're going to allow him steal (or Nullify/on nom) through block, then I think you need some serious RNG. A 100% chance to steal any buff through a block? Loki would kill for that! Either it needs to be somewhat unreliable, or it can work through block.

You've rolled his current Sig into his base kit. Kabam is doing that a lot, lately, too. I think this is another thing that probably needs reduced a bit. Your version is inflicting so many debuffs that almost all opponents will have -100% Attack for any Special they throw (not that that'll be many!). Maybe a Weakness of 10-15% would be more balanced? Bear in mind you'll be facing this guy on defense, after all!

As for the bleeds, I'm with @Colonaut123 (who, btw, has done quite a few reworks of his own in the Champion Improvement Thread) - I don't think you do need to test him to know that your bleeds are overpowered:
    Although the bleed damage is roughly the same as it is currently, the frequency of them isn't: Yondu's current bleeds occur on 25% of Yaka arrow hits; yours occur on 100% of them.
    That's quadrupled his damage right there.

Then if Xandar tech is active, you can increase their potency by 50% (you say 150% at first, then
    drop to 50% in your TL:DR section)
    That moves the initial 4x increase in bleed damage up to a 6x increase from his current bleeds damage.

To put it another way, a single MLLLL combo inflicts four bleeds for a total of 8000 damage, or for a fairly stonking 12,000 damage if you're in Xandar mode.

From one combo... Through block...

There's good stuff, but I do recommend toning it down a bit (particularly the bleeds), and throwing in some fallibility (particularly on the buff steal). And always think to yourself 'What's this guy going to be like when I face him on defense? On a +200% Attack node, or a Debilitate node... That kind of thinking.

Keep it up! It was fun to read 😃👍.
  • Options
    ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Posts: 350 ★★★
    He'd instantly be a go-to if this worked out.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    @JoshKosh557 @Magrailothos

I recently pulled a 6* Yondu myself, I had some ideas for a buff but due to time constraints never made a thread on it. This is a good opportunity to share some thoughts.

I agree with you that the bleeds are too infrequent. I would increase chance to 30%. But I like your idea to increase his base accuracy, so a base accuracy of 120% would have the same effect. Bleed potency can stay the same.

I would decouple the bleed from the Armor Break. Not only will this increase his utility (armor breaking in non-bleed immune match-ups such as Killmonger) but also increase his damage.

While the opponent is bleed immune, he inflicts Armor Break instead, and vice versa. He then becomes an interesting option against Thing and Doctor Doom.

Instead of general buffs stealing, I would limit it to Armor, Armor Up and Prowess effects, and any effect removed by a personal effect (such as Armor Break). I would add a persistent charge mechanic. The stolen effects can be traded in permanent Armor Up (Havok!), Prowess or Regenerate-On-Block buffs. This makes him less of a Cosmic counter but more a Tech/Mutant counter such as Apocalypse or Storm PX. Each persistent charge increases his attack rating by a small amount.

The Heal Block of SP1 would also remove one Regeneration or Regenerate- On-Block effect.

Currently he lowers Combat Power Rate by 10% per debuff, up to a maximum of -50%. I would expand it to Ability Power Gain and raise it to a maximum of -100%. You don't want to reduce Ability Accuracy, as it will impact the triggering of Armor Up, Regeneration,... effects.

I would combine the Weakness and Taunt debuffs. Otherwise you get too many debuffs and that would make him OP.

I like your sig idea, but I wouldn't tie it to his critical hit rating. Just a flat 15%-25% chance to have a Critical Bleed or Critical Armor Break. This would bypass Doom's critical resistance.

I would also add the following effects: Centaurian Archery makes that attacks of yaka arrows cannot have their Ability Accuracy passively reduced (bye bye Domino), cannot be evaded (bye bye Nightcrawler), cannot be missed (bye bye Ghost) and cannot be auto-blocked. They would also ignore positive Physical Resistance, Critical Resistance and Armor Rating.
  • Options
    I forgot to add.

Every time the opponent launches a Special Attack, he gains a persistent charge. This way he can gain charges in less ideal matches.

The damage increase of the SP2 is tied to the amount of persistent charges.

There should be a maximum of 15 persistent charges.

SP3 inflicts a power lock that also passively steals 50% of the power that would be gained and inflicts a Special Lock as well. If the opponent is at 2 or more bars of power, the SP3 steals 10% of current power.