**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Brian Grant - I love you man, but here's why Kabam use Time as scoring factor in Summoner Showdown

Comments

• Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

Time should be a factor.

But not if both of you fail to KO the opponent.

No, cos there'll be people who'll take the whole 5 minutes to win a fight to piss the other guy off and make him quit out and that guy wins the whole match by default.

You don't want that.

You want to encourage quick gameplay so as to not burden the other players' valuable time.

Most people have a life outside this game you know?
    I'm not against the time limit. I am talking about using time as a scoring factor and that's what most of us here are talking about. It makes no sense to reward you for dying faster than your opponent.

Additionally, if a player is that impatient and can't sit through a 3 minute fight, they really shouldn't be playing this mode. This isn't mindless arena that you can do while preparing breakfast or having a 5 minute break from school/work.
    It's not just about dying faster.

Let's say you both KO'd the defender but 1 guy takes 5 minutes and you took 2 minutes.

Who should win the match? The person who took 2 minutes, right?

Kabam wants to encourage quicker fights (which I totally support) because we all have lives outside of this game and it makes it a bore to sit and wait for someone to take 5 minutes when the fight should have taken 2.

The the same reason why your pizza is free if it takes more than 30 minutes to be delivered.
    The game mode isn't mindless playing. In your game idea, high damage dealers always have a better chance of winning and leaving actual better options in the dust.

Players have lives outside the game. But if you can't wait 5 mins, the game mode isn't for you.
    If highest dealing champ can KO the defender faster he/she is the better option by definition.
  • Options

Time should be a factor.

No, cos there'll be people who'll take the whole 5 minutes to win a fight to piss the other guy off and make him quit out and that guy wins the whole match by default.

You don't want that.

You want to encourage quick gameplay so as to not burden the other players' valuable time.

I'm not against the time limit. I am talking about using time as a scoring factor and that's what most of us here are talking about. It makes no sense to reward you for dying faster than your opponent.

Additionally, if a player is that impatient and can't sit through a 3 minute fight, they really shouldn't be playing this mode. This isn't mindless arena that you can do while preparing breakfast or having a 5 minute break from school/work.

Let's say you both KO'd the defender but 1 guy takes 5 minutes and you took 2 minutes.

Kabam wants to encourage quicker fights (which I totally support) because we all have lives outside of this game and it makes it a bore to sit and wait for someone to take 5 minutes when the fight should have taken 2.

The the same reason why your pizza is free if it takes more than 30 minutes to be delivered.
    The game mode isn't mindless playing. In your game idea, high damage dealers always have a better chance of winning and leaving actual better options in the dust.

Players have lives outside the game. But if you can't wait 5 mins, the game mode isn't for you.
    If highest dealing champ can KO the defender faster he/she is the better option by definition.
    No. CGR beat Sym in Summer of Pain in like a minute of something if I'm not mistaken. But he was in no way the best option. It had luck involved in it as well. Keeping CGR itself as an example, with a couple L2, you can nuke most of a champs health and then die. But this gets you more points than someone who has picked a better counter and died after taking like 80% health compared to your 50%.
    Bro - try telling Husain Bolt he didn't deserve all those gold medals even though he was the fastest man on the planet for a decade.
  • Options
    Maltyo9 said:

@Justin2524

I haven't watched BG's video yet (but I will)...but I did watch the America Semifinals. And what I saw was @Werewrym picked Maw as a defender, and that defender absolutely destroyed Happy with the quickness...and Werewrym took the loss despite the fact that he played a better match on offense than his opponent.

As others have said, the time to spent in the match should only be used as a tiebreaker when both players have KO'd the opponent.

I find it highly unlikely you will find many (if any) forum users agreeing with the point that you are trying to make

It doesn't matter who agrees with me, Rules are Rules. You agree to them when you sign up to play.

I agree they should be tweak - but for the most part I'm find with them.
  • Options
    Kappa2g said:

This take is beyond dumbfounding, like just wow..

In any game, if you are going to play a competitve game mode, you are commiting that you have the time necessary for it, if it ends early, good for you. But you don't hit the matchmaking button unless you have sufficient time.

And everyone in Summoner Showdown committed to the tournament knowing time would be a factor.
  • Options

Time should be a factor.

You don't want that.

No. CGR beat Sym in Summer of Pain in like a minute of something if I'm not mistaken. But he was in no way the best option. It had luck involved in it as well. Keeping CGR itself as an example, with a couple L2, you can nuke most of a champs health and then die. But this gets you more points than someone who has picked a better counter and died after taking like 80% health compared to your 50%.
    Bro - try telling Husain Bolt he didn't deserve all those gold medals even though he was the fastest man on the planet for a decade.
    Your logic makes no sense. Usain Bolt FINISHED the race. If he was running 100m, finished 50m in 3 seconds and then stopped, would it make sense for him to win the race over someone who finished the race in 11 seconds?
    Did I not say the rules should be tweaked?
  • Options
    Maltyo9 said:

Time should be a factor.

You don't want that.

Absolutely agree. Again, which one of Werewyrm and Happy KO'd their opponent faster in those matches.

Don't worry, I'll wait...

Time should be a factor.

You don't want that.

Say you are fighting a Hyperion. He has high power gain and ideally, you would want to use a power control champion and actually play skillfully to the fights mechanics and control him. But nah, CGR can narrowly survive one sp3 so lemme just burst him down quickly and win the fight despite the opponent playing better and more strategically and having the most health left.

Do you see the problem here?
    There are 3 factors: Opponents' health, your health, Time.

They'll all be taken into account - don't you worry.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Maltyo9 said:

@Justin2524

I haven't watched BG's video yet (but I will)...but I did watch the America Semifinals. And what I saw was @Werewrym picked Maw as a defender, and that defender absolutely destroyed Happy with the quickness...and Werewrym took the loss despite the fact that he played a better match on offense than his opponent.

As others have said, the time to spent in the match should only be used as a tiebreaker when both players have KO'd the opponent.

I find it highly unlikely you will find many (if any) forum users agreeing with the point that you are trying to make

It doesn't matter who agrees with me, Rules are Rules. You agree to them when you sign up to play.

I agree they should be tweak - but for the most part I'm find with them.
    What a dumb take. This isn't the international court of justice. The rules here can always be tweaked to better suit the enjoyment of the players and the competitors. What's happened in the summoner showdown is done. All we are doing is giving feedback so that Kabam hopefully tweak it and make it better and more enjoyable if they introduce it to the game or use it for future tournaments.
  • Options
    Werewrym said:

Kappa2g said:

In any game, if you are going to play a competitve game mode, you are commiting that you have the time necessary for it, if it ends early, good for you. But you don't hit the matchmaking button unless you have sufficient time.

And everyone in Summoner Showdown committed to the tournament knowing time would be a factor.
    The rules actually did say that time would only be counted if the defender was KOd.
    Wow really? Where does it say that? I missed that. I thought time counted for all matches.
  • Options
    Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

Kappa2g said:

The rules actually did say that time would only be counted if the defender was KOd.
    Wow really? Where does it say that? I missed that. I thought time counted for all matches.
    It’s in the rules document all of the contestants were sent.
    Wait... what???

But in all the matches we watched Time had a significant impact on ALL matches.

That's head scratchingly weird then.
  • Options
    SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    Forget all that. Why are the best of the best routinely getting hit by evadable
    Specials and incapable of dashing back? Lol
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I am more concerned if this game mode is only for suicide players. I don't run suicides, should I even bother playing it if I am at such disadvantage? There should be an option to ban suicides to level the playing field.
  • Options

Because not everyone is perfect.

Floyd Mayweather, arguably the BEST boxer in the last decade of not more, has been hit a lot. Heck Ali, the king of dodging has had his fair share of punches to the face and body.

I guess right will ignore all perfectly executed flashback intercepts, all the perfectly executed stand up intercepts, all the time they did in fact manage to evade specials. You’ll even ignore @Fintech and his Tigra evades with her evade mechanic. All because it won’t fit what you’re trying to paint.

If you feel they are that bad, play at their level. Play on a public stage, recorded doesn’t matter because even knowing that thousands upon thousands of people will watch you can play games with your nerves.

If you don’t play perfect 100% of the time you have no room to call them out on that.
    You picked the wrong guy. Lol. I recognized and do recognize @Fintech because I played with him when he started. Fintech is the best player I’ve ever seen.

That being said. His skill level vastly outperforms your weak ass comparisons.

My goal
    In my comment was to encourage players. Where you’re is to diminish. Even the best fail, they fail
    A lot, and they rarely show you. I appreciate the massive fails I see in the showdown. I think it’s good for the game for someone to see the “best” fail evading easy specials.

Maybe you don’t
  • Options

Because not everyone is perfect.

Floyd Mayweather, arguably the BEST boxer in the last decade of not more, has been hit a lot. Heck Ali, the king of dodging has had his fair share of punches to the face and body.

I guess right will ignore all perfectly executed flashback intercepts, all the perfectly executed stand up intercepts, all the time they did in fact manage to evade specials. You’ll even ignore @Fintech and his Tigra evades with her evade mechanic. All because it won’t fit what you’re trying to paint.

If you feel they are that bad, play at their level. Play on a public stage, recorded doesn’t matter because even knowing that thousands upon thousands of people will watch you can play games with your nerves.

If you don’t play perfect 100% of the time you have no room to call them out on that.
    You picked the wrong guy. Lol. I recognized and do recognize @Fintech because I played with him when he started. Fintech is the best player I’ve ever seen.

That being said. His skill level vastly outperforms your weak ass comparisons.

My goal
    In my comment was to encourage players. Where you’re is to diminish. Even the best fail, they fail
    A lot, and they rarely show you. I appreciate the massive fails I see in the showdown. I think it’s good for the game for someone to see the “best” fail evading easy specials.

Maybe you don’t
    You picked the wrong girl.

Your comment, when read plays as making fun of them for messing up on evades. There is no context to show otherwise.

I responded saying that even the best mess up. And things like this can compound those fails. I never said they should fail or I want/don’t want them to fail, I was showing reasons as to why they could have messed up.

If your original comment was to encourage players maybe you should put more than what you put. This would keep others from thinking badly of you.
    A very acceptable retreat.
  • Options
    RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
    *Everyone hated that*