**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Cosmic Eclipse with Venom as Boss... didn't know I need 3 buffs to hurt him.

Patcha_itPatcha_it Posts: 73
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hi all,
seeing I don't wanna wast an access key to a Cosmic Eclipse mission, I need help to understand how can I face Venom with that silly buff about needing 3 buffs to hurt him.

The problem is that I didn't notice he had that when I choose my champions: I just chosen my stronger couple of champions.
And seems I chosen badly.

I have Red Guardian whom CANNOT have buffs (it's in his info, he canno have any...)
And Omega Red.

So I ask, there's any stragegy to make Omega Red have 3 buffs somehow?
Or did I wast an access key?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Sincerey...
    ... stuffs like this, make me wish to throw away this game ...

Seems like I have to take an university course to be able to play a game...
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,476 ★★★★★
    Not a university course, you just need to read.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    You're right, not like an univeristy course, because I'd need to read and study less stuffs into an university course...

Jokes apart, I think that in a time limited and access limited event, there should be nothing which could make you waste your opportunities just because you can do NOTHING because of bad choices.
    Even if I read that Venom needed my champion to had 3 buffs before hurting him, actually I wouldn't have any idea who to use.
    Probably I'd come here and ask you.

I can undestand it could became HARDER with the wrong choices.
    But IMPOSSIBlLE? Really? I think it's just exaggerated.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,431 ★★★★★
    Patcha_it said:

Sincerey...

You can preview the quest...look at the nodes...you can even YouTube the fight. This is your fault.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Patcha_it said:

You're right, not like an univeristy course, because I'd need to read and study less stuffs into an university course...

Jokes apart, I think that in a time limited and access limited event, there should be nothing which could make you waste your opportunities just because you can do NOTHING because of bad choices.
    Even if I read that Venom needed my champion to had 3 buffs before hurting him, actually I wouldn't have any idea who to use.
    Probably I'd come here and ask you.

I can undestand it could became HARDER with the wrong choices.
    But IMPOSSIBlLE? Really? I think it's just exaggerated.

Reading nodes a fundamentally huge part of what this game is....

Maybe you shouldn't be playing if you don't know who on your roster can produce 3 buffs.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Just to better explain my point of view with an example: couldn't they make "90%" less damage instead than 100%?
    I'd be forced to use lot of resurrect, but at least I had a possibility, not?

While there are champions into the game whom cannot collect 3 buffs, I think there shouldn't be a mission buff which makes enemies IMMORTAL without first collect 3 buffs. Expecially in time limited and access limited missions.

Just always give a possibility. For any small it can even be.
  • Options

Maybe you shouldn't be playing if you don't know who on your roster can produce 3 buffs.

What a really bad, bad answer and way to think is this into a gaming community?
    My god... terrible!

What about: "Maybe there shouldn't exist any game at all where somebody shouldn't be playing without knowing EVERYTHING about that game"?

That point of view... OMG is so terrible in many ways... it's totally against what a game should ever be.

• Options
    Yes, I messed up. I'm not saying the contrary at all.
    But IMHO my punishment should be to make the mission HARDER. Not IMPOSSIBLE.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    You messed up. Count your losses and move on. We all been there, it's not embarrassing, we re all friends here. (kinda).
  • Options
    Patcha_it said:

What a really bad, bad answer and way to think is this into a gaming community?
    My god... terrible!

What about: "Maybe there shouldn't exist any game at all where somebody shouldn't be playing without knowing EVERYTHING about that game"?

That point of view... OMG is so terrible in many ways... it's totally against what a game should ever be.

How far along are you in the game? Are you through Act 4 and 5? Anything in Act 6 yet?

Buffed Up- the node where you need to have at least 3 buffs to do damage is not a new node. If you're fairly far along in the game, there isn't any reason to be asking which champs to use. I only did the legendary quests so I can't speak for the lower difficulties but they usually don't put buffed up on lesser difficulties because rosters aren't expansive so having a proper counter is hard.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Boy, again, I'm not arguing about the fact I messed up or not.
    I surely and absolutely messed up!
    So it's not necessary you keep saying it to me. I know it. I noticed it. I'm not denying it.
    My faults are not under discussion: I know I absolutely mistook!

What I'm really talking about, instead, it's the fact that: in my opinion, messing up shouldn't make the mission impossible!
    Because it's a limited time and limited access event!
    What I lost by mistaking, it's lost forever!

For me, it would be ok to make the mission harder, or even very harder, but still have a possibility to do it.
    Like my example with a damage reduction 90% instead of 100%.

How far along are you in the game? Are you through Act 4 and 5? Anything in Act 6 yet?

Buffed Up- the node where you need to have at least 3 buffs to do damage is not a new node. If you're fairly far along in the game, there isn't any reason to be asking which champs to use. I only did the legendary quests so I can't speak for the lower difficulties but they usually don't put buffed up on lesser difficulties because rosters aren't expansive so having a proper counter is hard.

Act 4, 5, 6 and so on, are not limited time and limited access events.
    So you can restart and face them any time. At the max you lost some energy, which you can refill everyday.

Also there you have at least 5 champions into the mission, and not just 2, so maybe one over five of them could be good enough to do the job.

Actually the sole fight I ever remember I ever did against an enemy doable with not less than 3 buffs on me, was a fight where I actually could get those buffs by doing the right moves with any character, because there was another mission buff on that fight granting me those buffs, by fighting the right way.

So, I'm sorry, but I think your example doesn't fit enough.
  • Options
    AzmingAzming Posts: 37
    U know? There is an option " preview quest" so u can see the quest node and boss node. Do this before u dive in. It helps a lot for events that uses key. Its a good thing kabam implemented this. Its ur own fault in the lack of readings, no offense.

I use Odin and Air walker for this quest.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    OP you're kind of right mayhe. And kabam has changed the design in newer content. Cosmic EQ chapter for instance used to have buffed up. But now it has pumping Iron(I think) which reduces dmaage by 60% instead of 100%
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    This guy just keeps digging his own hole deeper.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,334 ★★★★
    Prior to the Preview function implementation (which was only a month ago), OP would be completely right. You'd not know what node is on the Venom boss. You would have to waste an entry and hope that your two man roster is able to counter whatever nodes are on the boss. Sure you could wait for someone on the forums, or on youtube to post what the nodes are before diving in yourself, but that is an outside-the-game level requirement, that reflects poor game design. Not an issue in permanent content, but in content that is time limited/requires entry? That is the main reason arguing for the implementation of a Preview button.

Post Preview function implentation, OP has no excuse for not previewing the nodes first before committing to using an entry.

However, I do still have some sympathy, as the Preview function is very new, so many players are not used to it (ie. It has not yet become a habit to Preview before diving in). I mean, how many of us were so habitual of just clicking the Start fight button instead of activating the Prefight we need, that we wasted a fight? Going forward in time though, next month I'd have no sympathy as using the Preview function should be habitual.

• Options
    Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    You know... There's also a pop up message warning you that you are committing an access key before you enter.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Patcha_it said:

Sincerey...

They added the preview function. This is user error, not their fault.