**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Champs using Heavy Attack randomly

I was fighting through the goldblum challenge and I always die on the last path because my champion uses a heavy attack mid combo. I have wiped the screen multiple times and despite this, keep getting heavy attacks proc for absolutely no reason.

Anyone else facing the same problem?

Comments

• Options
    Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★
    NO ONE? REALLY? IT JUST KEEP HAPPENING EVERYWHERE
  • Options
    BibidiBibidi Posts: 10
    Happened to me lot of times too
  • Options
    this is just NOT fixed!! if you see in the forum you'll find a LOT of comments related this in different threads!
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    People have been experiencing for quite awhile now it just gets burried, or a part of other threads and ignored by mods or deleted by them because they seem to know how to fix it.

Hopefully this extended maintenance addresses some of these but I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I notice that if I tap too fast the game registers that as a heavy but I don’t have problems with it as long as I’m not tap happy
  • Options
    NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    I usually only experience this on swipe attacks, and the game either registers my swipe as me holding my finger down too long(I don't) resulting in a heavy, or not swiping at all resulting in a light attack. It has happened regularly for a few months, but the past several weeks it has increased for me 10 fold.
  • Options
    ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    Yes happening to me since last update
  • Options
    Yes, it happened to me a few times in AW and it cost me a revive and potions. It's so frustrating when these unintentional mechanics that are in game errors cost the player base items/units/money for mistakes that the players themselves are not responsible for. Ugh.
    I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S7 on software G930VVRS4BQI1
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I've noticed two things that trigger unwanted heavy attacks:

The first is as Deadbyrd noted - tapping too fast. Get tap-happy and you'll trigger a heavy.

The second is the direction of the swipe. If you swipe up or down (or too much up/down from horizontal), the game will register it as a heavy. The medium/dash needs to be a horizontal swipe forward.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    It just happened to me vs King Groot in 5.3.4, using SW. Wasn't touching or tapping the right side of the screen, had just swiped back to keep my distance and was pretty sure I released my hand from the screen altogether and then she started her spin kick heavy.

Happened to me a week ago with Ultron; looked like the old bug where heroes would hold onto their heavy attack and the hero shakes uncontrollably just before it launches.
  • Options
    Ayushk12Ayushk12 Posts: 153
    Same thing keeps happening with me. It happens both during light and medium attacks. Don't know why or how it reads it as a heavy.
  • Options
    LeDeeLeDee Posts: 35
    Happens to me when I tap too rapidly.
  • Options
    at0mat0m Posts: 92
    I’ve had this happen a few times but the reason behind it happening is me tapping extremely fast, or to rephrase it in other words, when I’m tapping the screen, the distance of my thumb and the screen is so minuscule that it almost feels like I’m never lifting my thumb up. Hence maybe the game registers it as a long press.
  • Options
    My android was always doing that. To help fix the problem, I download an app to recalibrate the screen of my phone. It shockingly worked.
  • Options
    Yep it happened to me after two hits in a five hit combo
  • Options
    @Shinning1221 Any chance you want to share the name of the app.

I have the same issue from time to time. It definitely happens when I tap too fast but also seems to happen for no apparent reason at other times.
  • Options
    AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★
    I get this a lot when I’m blocking and dashing back. I happens with just about all my champs. It seems like the block area has been shrunk and the attack area is larger or maybe I’m pressing too hard, but when I don’t press hard enough my block will get broken.
  • Options
    PhitsPhits Posts: 3
    bump
  • Options
    for Samsung Galaxy S7 (INTERNATIONAL version) is fixed by restarting the phone..