**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should TOS violators be able to compete in competitive game modes?

NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
I’m referring to accounts that have the BIG violations. Mercing, fraud units, piloting, botting.

To my understanding, when this happens, some of these accounts aren’t permanently banned. So in this case, I believe they should be permanently and unrecoverably banned from competitive play.

Arena, AW and AQ rank rewards at a minimum.

How is it fair that a single account or alliance finished above you/me last season when they had TOS violations on their account?

This game is an accumulation of your roster/resources. So if you’ve ever cheated to get ahead. Then you are still ahead. And still cheating.

I don’t think it’s “equal” that normal, regular players have to square off against these “boosted” accounts that gained an unfair, competitive advantage through cheating.

Where do you stand?

Should TOS violators be able to compete in competitive game modes? 76 votes

They should always be permanently banned
75% 57 votes
They shouldn’t be able to do aw, aq or arena
10% 8 votes
They shouldn’t be able to gain aw, aq, arena or solo rank rewards.
6% 5 votes
It’s just fine how it is.
7% 6 votes

Comments

• NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    Lol, it seems one of those TOS violators are on the forums.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    Just gonna throw this in here before it becomes a big "mercs are the worst, why has Kabam not stopped them yet" thread, since I have seen that a number of times on forums.

1. Im glad OP put in the caveat of "big violations". I know of plenty of cases of users just not being familiar with the minutiae of the rules and regs and using some type of screen capture or something that was not used for nefarious purposes but happened to break the TOS. There is definitely a difference there.

2. Kabam, to my knowledge, has over the years taken proven mercs and other TOS violators seriously and acted accordingly. It needs to be acknowledged that there is a line between what can and cannot be easily acted upon by Kabam, and proving cheating is often more difficult than just receiving a well written complaint.

3. I think that this is a fairly reasonable idea overall. I can't speak for why Kabam has chosen to do it the way that they have, but some version of this makes sense. If the account has somehow permanently benefitted from a form of cheating, then their account is ahead. That makes sense. Some cheating is caught by Kabam and punished (by docking points in AW, or in a certain event, etc.) in a way that the "cheater" account doesn't actually profit from the cheating in the long run, and thus isn't farther ahead than it would have been because of illicit activity. An argument could still be made to give some form of ban for these players, but I think it should be considered in a different bracket. Your statement that "if you’ve ever cheated to get ahead. Then you are still ahead. And still cheating." doesn't really always apply.

This is all from my perspective of hearing about things from forums, youtube, etc as someone who hasn't experienced their cheating response firsthand. If Kabam wanted to give some insight on this and I turned out to be wrong, I would gladly hear why.
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    I agree with your statement. That their are levels to it. But because this game is “an accumulation of your roster” there is no way to go back once you have cheated. Kabam would have to remove the ill gotten rewards. And as you stated they can’t always prove what was what.

That being said the only fix is to make the downside to cheating so unbelievably bad that it would prevent people from even considering it. And having a zero tolerance policy for accounts when it comes to competing.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    perma bans. No second chances, I'm that kind of man.