**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Excellent! It’s finally here - Joe Fixit Buff

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,764 ★★★★★
Thanks to @Karatemike415, so diligent with his content this man deserves a sub!

https://youtu.be/Uij2G3iiPeM

Comment your thoughts below.

Comments

• Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Looks like a bit of a ramp up champ.
    There's quite a bit going on with his kit, but not necessarily anything too exciting.

In regards to his card hand thing, a well timed block gives a diamond suit, while ending combos with light/medium/heavy gives the other suits. And new suits replace the old ones. So in order to get one of each, or 4 of the other three, you would essentially have to avoid parrying, right? If that's the case, then I'm not too impressed.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021

There's quite a bit going on with his kit, but not necessarily anything too exciting.

In regards to his card hand thing, a well timed block gives a diamond suit, while ending combos with light/medium/heavy gives the other suits. And new suits replace the old ones. So in order to get one of each, or 4 of the other three, you would essentially have to avoid parrying, right? If that's the case, then I'm not too impressed.

Agreed, it’s giving me slight Red Skull vibes.
  • Captain_MonticaCaptain_Montica Posts: 317 ★★
    We need to test him , I don't think he can get worse
    But I think buff could've been better on paper
    Still not sure yet
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,764 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    I like it.
    I think Heavy, then a couple of MMs (Spades), followed by an SP2 and then SP1 spam could make for a very powerful and high damage rotation.
    Particularly when he is awakened and the cards get replaced with matching suits (looking at Spades).

Edit: it’s nothing game-breaking, but very good for a Science champ. It reminds me of Miles but a little bit more consistent / less AI reliant.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,188 ★★★★

We need to test him , I don't think he can get worse
    But I think buff could've been better on paper
    Still not sure yet

Kabam is that Another Karnak case??
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,764 ★★★★★
    FYI if you stack the Spades 4 times then that’s +4000 Attack rating. Combine that with the +20% Attack from the Kingpin synergy and yeah you’ve got yourself a hard hitting champ that does some other things too. Lifesteal? Stackable Petrify? Jackpot?
    Jackpot looks pretty sweet tbh.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    His buff certainly seems interesting for sure, although I’m not sure how it’ll translate into actual gameplay. As already stated, it kinda seems like parrying may actually be harmful to his rotation by getting rid of one of his previously acquired suits, which gives off vibes similar to Red Skull. Although who knows, it might not turn out to be that bad once we get gameplay. Overall it looks to certainly improve him, but there isn’t anything there that really sticks out to me as exciting in this buff.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,997 ★★★★★

Looks neat but I’m more excited about Hawkeyes buff

Seconded. I love my 5/65.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,740 ★★★★★
    He reminds me a bit of a reverse-Carnage in a way I don't really like, where it could end with you placing a debuff you weren't intending because you had to do a specific offensive action and instead had to do a defensive one at the wrong time.

That being said, I don't think it'll be too big a deal. Not only do I think it'll be easier to manage than Carnage's system; the debuffs are also not permanent (unlike Carnage's buffs), so you'll have plenty of chances to readjust even if you mess up.

I also don't think you'll be as screwed by blocking as some people think (and I too thought at first). If I read his abilities correctly, it should be relatively easy to lock in most suites even if you make the occasional parry. As long as you don't constantly run the normal MLLLM-parry method, you'll probably be fine and perfectly able to parry an attack if the need ever arises.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

I'm not entirely sold on it from what I've read, but unfortunately we have to wait for the buff to go live before we can see what it's like.

I really, really wish Kabam would do something to "preview" buffs so the community can see how they now play compared to before.

Makes me really miss the Betas for the Buff
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    Both look interesting on paper, but I’ll keep my fingers crossed until I’ve tried them out. Perfect Release sounds like an interesting skill-based mechanic on HE’s buff, and Fixit sounds like he could be fun to use once his rotation is figured out.

I think the HE buff gives him some nice utility, and he can possibly be a nice synergy option to fill out specific needs with some great champs.

Fixit looks like his sig ability will be pretty crucial, and I’m curious how it will work out in practice. I’m also wondering if there will be 2 separate dead man’s hand bonuses if you have 2 pairs?

These look nice, though. It’ll be fun to try them out
  • AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Posts: 311 ★★
    Ehhhh it’s not the amazing buff that I was dreaming of but it’s decent. My thoughts were that he’s now a more annoying defender due to block penetration and debuffs activating on sp activation. Im not too fond of the party card activation but it’s still an interesting mechanic. His sig also looks really important so it’s a shame my 6* won’t be duped for a long time (I say that now but you never know when you’ll be Kabamed). Nonetheless looks like a fun buff and I’m very happy to be a 6* Joe Fixit owner 😊
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    May sound good on paper, but I would recommend don't get excited till after it's been released for a month
  • LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★

Agreed, it’s giving me slight Red Skull vibes.
    I feel a bit of red guardian as well cause he sacrifices damage when you parry
  • Pdogg614Pdogg614 Posts: 78
    edited November 2021
    I think it will be good, I’m not looking at it as u need to keep 4 spades to make him a good champ, the other suits do have value. One thing im looking at is his healing im curious how effective his heal will be. The combat power gain also looks great. And even if u get parries it’s not the end of the world you will be cycling the suits so fast it’s more gonna be how u keep up the rhythm more than just the perfect damage.

I got a few questions with his kit though I’ll need to see how they work,
    - I assume his bleed scales with the modified damage from spades, if this is the case he will do amazing bleeds
    - The s2 it says it replays the last Dead mans hand, does this just give u x2 of what u had as u will get one on activation then assuming the same one on final hit, if so he will be super easy access to 120% petrify. 80% defensive aa reduction or 60% attack rating reduction for decent length.
    - His s3 will apply a random one, assume this will be in addition to his one he had when throwing. As well assume it will have the duration of the s3 debuff(25 sec)
    - The jackpots… what is the deal? Not sure how they will roll in and do they get replaced like normal cause if they do than they will fall off too quick to make any difference but if they lock in one of the slots he’s gonna be insane in long fights.
    - Also the likelyhood of jackpots is unknown, if it’s 1/5 than that’s crazy, they said in the dev note that once the jackpots start rolling in he will roll through fights… also back to the last point if they replace than u might get 1-2 combos in only so I’m hoping they lock in to a slot.

I have a 6 star joe, a 1-2 science, science ag and science t5cc. If he’s amazing I def would love to take him to r3 and dupe him. He seems incredibly fun and seems to have decent utility.