**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Timeframe for Memory Leak Fix

13»

Comments

• Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,598 ★★★★
    @DNA3000 One more question. I haven't gave mcoc app access to my phone's storage. Maybe that's causing issues?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Tried to play with storage permission on but nothing changed. Still menus are lagging after completing 2 chapters in EQ. I think Kabam haven't even relased any memory leak issue fix yet. Same with parry/dex issue. Maybe both will be fixed next month.
  • Options
    LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    edited December 2021

Still facing the issue.
    @DrZola I did 6.2.6 and believe me at 10%, when we need 3 prowess by dexing champion specials, my game froze for half a second. 😂😂
    Luckily I cleared him.
    But yeah. The issue is definitely there!
    And @DNA3000 check my phone specs. The phone is barely heated when I play MCOC. I also play PUBG. Still. I dont know man. There's definitely some issue here in MCOC!
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    LordPSN said:

Still facing the issue.
    DrZola I did 6.2.6 and believe me at 10%, when we need 3 prowess by dexing champion specials, my game froze for half a second. 😂😂
    Luckily I cleared him.
    And DNA3000 check my phone specs. The phone is barely heated when I play MCOC. I also play PUBG. Still. I dont know man. There's definitely some issue here in MCOC!

Why does yours freeze? I'm running 8t and it never freezes . Granted it's slightly higher chip. But even when I used the 7 it never froze except during 1 update and it went away too.

But the loading screens do get laggy after constant use but the fights themselves are fine
  • Options
    LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★

LordPSN said:

Still facing the issue.
    DrZola I did 6.2.6 and believe me at 10%, when we need 3 prowess by dexing champion specials, my game froze for half a second. 😂😂
    Luckily I cleared him.
    And DNA3000 check my phone specs. The phone is barely heated when I play MCOC. I also play PUBG. Still. I dont know man. There's definitely some issue here in MCOC!

Why does yours freeze? I'm running 8t and it never freezes . Granted it's slightly higher chip. But even when I used the 7 it never froze except during 1 update and it went away too.

But the loading screens do get laggy after constant use but the fights themselves are fine
    I dont know. Maybe it's random. Maybe it depends on device. That's the issue.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    While this going on, my Samsung galaxy s7 edge is still suffering from those frozen scenes and so on and the phone is barely warm at all. The phone is dedicated for mcoc only while my other phone dedicated for other stuff such as phone call and so on. I did try mcoc on my other phone and the issue is the same so it’s definitely Either memory leak or the game graphics is too high that it might be a good time to introduce resolution change in the in-game setting.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    LordPSN said:

LordPSN said:

Still facing the issue.
    Luckily I cleared him.

I dont know. Maybe it's random. Maybe it depends on device. That's the issue.
    This is what’s maddening. If it’s individual device specific, then there’s not a lot of hope. I don’t recall that I have better luck with different routers, but I need to pay closer attention. Normally, I play early morning or when done for the evening at home, all on the same WiFi.

Honestly, I don’t know but I’m willing to try nearly anything at this point.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Maybe this is related to this issue? Perhaps, this is supposed to be temporary fix to make arenas playable?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/289679/has-anyone-else-noticed-this#latest
  • Options
    MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 281 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Unsure whether this is memory leak or not, but I’ve experienced 3-4 times what I would describe as a “game syncope” over the past couple of days.

By this I mean the fight action freezes for about a second. When it returns, the game has progressed a second but I didn’t see it on my phone. For example, the opponent is across the screen when it begins. The screen freezes, and when it returns, the opponent is next to me beginning a special attack.

Battery is full, WiFi is running full strength. Chat and perhaps an email window only things open on the phone.

What does this happen? Is this memory leak, or something else.

Dr. Zola

I get that too, and it's a sign the game will crash if I don't restart it soon. If I go 3-4 more fights it will crash, so I usually restart after I'm done with that fight.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Unsure whether this is memory leak or not, but I’ve experienced 3-4 times what I would describe as a “game syncope” over the past couple of days.

By this I mean the fight action freezes for about a second. When it returns, the game has progressed a second but I didn’t see it on my phone. For example, the opponent is across the screen when it begins. The screen freezes, and when it returns, the opponent is next to me beginning a special attack.

Battery is full, WiFi is running full strength. Chat and perhaps an email window only things open on the phone.

What does this happen? Is this memory leak, or something else.

Dr. Zola

Same.