**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A tier 5 catalyst selector for Cavaliers!

THUNDERBILTHUNDERBIL Posts: 267
edited November 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Just a suggestion for this year Christmas. Can kabam be kind enough to give a tier 5 catalyst selector or atleast a 50% selector to cavalier players like me who have defeated Grandmaster but are still stuck as the t5cc they have is of a class that they don't have a good champion in and are desperate to form one for their useful champion.

I have completed act 6 and I'm currently working on forming a t5 cosmic catalyst to rank up either corvus or cap marvel movie to rank 3 to become thronebreaker. The 10% selector from MEQ is great but that will take me atleast 6 months to become Thronebreaker and by that time I guess a new title will be laid in front of us. I mean ranking up a useless champion to become thronebreaker is meaningless, as it's already been an year and a new title is just around the corner.

What are your thoughts, especially those who are waiting for a specific class catalyst to form.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options

Abyss has one for rewards

I'm still not ready for it.
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    Lmao
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Guess you’re not ready for TB then
    I mean I can go for it, I have the revives and stuff but I'm a student as well, lots of assignments and practical files have been thrown at us all of a sudden and I can't go for abyss now.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★

I have 20 6 stars. I have corvus, captain Marvel movie, venom, vtd, terrax, Sorcerer Supreme, Sassy, Killmonger, Namor, Ultron and Inv woman as my best.

And you think you’re ready to be TB? Lol
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I have 20 6 stars. I have corvus, captain Marvel movie, venom, vtd, terrax, Sorcerer Supreme, Sassy, Killmonger, Namor, Ultron and Inv woman as my best.

Then I hate to say it, but you're probably just not ready. Keep on exploring Act 7, 6, Variants, Cav EQ etc and Thronebreaker will come naturally.

I mean, do you really want to progress to the next level by kabam giving you everything you need for free? Does that sound fun to you? What about the spirit of the game, enjoying and playing and earning it?
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    A 50% or a full catalyst selector??? What are you smoking? There's been plenty of T5CC given to players in the last few months. I did as many fights as I could in SOP, and by the time I beat the Grandmaster I already had a full T5CC ready to be used. Don't get stuck on trying to rank 3 a "beyond god tier" for TB. You'll get plenty more T5CC afterwards.
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★

OGAvenger said:

Bro skip the t5cc altogether. Just ask for a free generic 2 to 3 gem

I’ll take a generic 3 to 4 gem and awakening gem for the TB gift
    If they give us a generic 3 to 4 going to R4 Beast no questions asked frfr
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Well and how about Act 7? I understand not being ready for Abyss, but 7.1 is easy enough and has a 25% selector, as well as 6* Nexus (w solid chance of good champ)
  • Options
    silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★
    It’s fine to hope for things like this, but there just is no way Kabam would gift this out. There’s a reason some of those higher amount resources are gated behind content. Even at this stage of the game, even despite the game’s performance issues, that’s not a move they would make, or should
  • Options
    The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★

Zan0 said:

Guess you’re not ready for TB then
    I mean I can go for it, I have the revives and stuff but I'm a student as well, lots of assignments and practical files have been thrown at us all of a sudden and I can't go for abyss now.
    Leave all those and grind.. Abyss is an awesome achievement
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

What t5cc do you have? You just listed at least one of each class that are all good options for r3…

If you’re not willing to take one of them up, why do you even need TB in the first place?!
  • Options

It sounds like you haven't been Cavalier for long. You don't have a lot of 6* champs, and I'm guessing based on your T5CC situation you either were not Cavalier for SoP or were not strong enough to tackle it when it launched. Thronebreaker is the highest tier progression in the game currently. You're asking for Kabam to basically hand it to you practically overnight for free. That's just not going to happen.

When the Thronebreaker title first launched, I had about 65ish 6* champs, one formed T5CC, and one nearly formed. And to be frank I was not the intended target for Thronebreaker. I basically got in under the wire. I was literally among the lowest progression TB players in the game on day one.

Cavalier players think they need to become Thronebreaker so they can get access to Thronebreaker rewards. But it is actually the reverse. People become Thronebreaker when they prove they can get those rewards themselves. Proving they can do so, by completing Act 6 and by doing a rank 3 rank up themselves is what demonstrates they are a Thronebreaker-class player and should move on to a different resource ladder.

A TB class player is a player that has a) moved on to Act 7 (by completing the prerequisite: Act 6), b) is accumulating 6* champs at a high enough rate or built up a large enough roster that their 6* roster is their dominant roster component and c) is now doing rank 3 rank ups as a significant part of their rank up activity. You get the title when you prove the title accurately describes you. And at the moment, it probably doesn't.

This game is a game of progression over months and years. It is probably going to take you less than six months to reach your first R3 and become Thronebreaker. Don't feel you need to, or should, get there too quickly.
  • Options
    Psychic_2002Psychic_2002 Posts: 195

Just a suggestion for this year Christmas. Can kabam be kind enough to give a tier 5 catalyst selector or atleast a 50% selector to cavalier players like me who have defeated Grandmaster but are still stuck as the t5cc they have is of a class that they don't have a good champion in and are desperate to form one for their useful champion.

I have completed act 6 and I'm currently working on forming a t5 cosmic catalyst to rank up either corvus or cap marvel movie to rank 3 to become thronebreaker. The 10% selector from MEQ is great but that will take me atleast 6 months to become Thronebreaker and by that time I guess a new title will be laid in front of us. I mean ranking up a useless champion to become thronebreaker is meaningless, as it's already been an year and a new title is just around the corner.

What are your thoughts, especially those who are waiting for a specific class catalyst to form.

I agree with you about this, I became TB after I defeated the Grandmaster, because I was lucky with pulling a good t5cc. I put off Abyss for a while just because I didn’t want to do it, a player shouldn’t have to do the Abyss to become TB
  • Options
    DiablordDiablord Posts: 505 ★★★
    and kabam pls give uncollected 10 6* nexuses and a 1 billion gold.

Give others 4 6* nexuses
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    While I don't have the high hopes that the OP has, I do feel that it's time to open up the flow more.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    I'd prefer Kabam hand out R3 worthy champs instead.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I agree with you about this, I became TB after I defeated the Grandmaster, because I was lucky with pulling a good t5cc. I put off Abyss for a while just because I didn’t want to do it, a player shouldn’t have to do the Abyss to become TB
    This is like wishing you could breathe oxygen