**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can someone say why we lost war

Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 501 ★★★
Tied everywhere but we had less deaths overall. Shouldn’t we have won regardless of duration?

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    It was 286-286, what do you mean less deaths?
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    You tied on AB’s and diversity, it goes down to duration from there as a tie breaker. Deaths only count so much as it relates to AB’s remaining. So from here they died an extra 3 times, but that doesn’t give you more points towards the war
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Deaths don't matter beyond a certain point. You had the same attacker bonus. Each defender has 3 attacker bonus. So after those 3 bonus is lost, it doesn't matter if you die 100 more times to that defender. That is what happened. They died 3 extra times to Defenders where they had already lost all the bonus.
    So fight duration came into play.
  • Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 241 ★★
    You guys took longer, on average, to KO the opponents champs than they did yours. The fight duration is used as a tie breaker system.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    I could be wrong, but I believe the fight duration might be the deciding factor in that match?
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Each defender only offers a total of 3 attack bonus worth 80 points each, so only the first 3 deaths to a defender count for anything. It looks like at least 3 of their deaths were redundant and didn't lose an attack bonus. This resulted in you and your opponent having a tie on attack bonus and the fight duration tiebreaker was the deciding factor.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    You had less attack bonuses for each kill, which means your opponents will have died more than 3 times on one fight.

Total kills isn’t measured into who wins, it’s how many attack bonuses that’s the important one. 3 of your kills didn’t count, because one of your defenders got 6 kills, or 3 defenders got 4 kills. Those extra kills over 3 don’t change the score at all.

An alliance could die 100 times on one fight, and the other alliance dies 3 times and they get the same amount of points for it
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 501 ★★★
    Yea I know I’m overall scoring just 3 deaths per fight matter in general but assumed total deaths (regardless of attack bonus) is next tie breaker before duration. Oh well
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Yea I know I’m overall scoring just 3 deaths per fight matter in general but assumed total deaths (regardless of attack bonus) is next tie breaker before duration. Oh well

the fight duration is the tie breaker. what probably happened was say your team died 3 times on the boss while the other guys died 6 times. even though they died more, the attack bonus is the same
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

No. Defense Kills mean nothing outside of Attack Bonus.
  • Yea I know I’m overall scoring just 3 deaths per fight matter in general but assumed total deaths (regardless of attack bonus) is next tie breaker before duration. Oh well

There is only one tie breaker: total fight duration. There are no other tie breakers of any kind. Highest point total win, if there's a tie shortest duration wins, if that somehow is also tied then the war is a tie.