**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Root is back, does that mean Groot gets the buff he deserves?

BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
Doooooooo it. Groot should root. My well thought out argument is based solely on rhyme scheme and the laws of nature.

Comments

• RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    I am (G)Root
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    We got Mag and Frag after Quake and Bake, you know it makes sense Kabam :smiley:
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★
    Rasilover said:

I am (G)Root

-_-

Thief.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Just the opposite: he is 100% more vulnerable to the mechanic based on already being partly rooted. Probably.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Tmw a tree character has a pun in its name
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Groot needs a buff?
    Heresy!
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

Groot needs a buff?
    Heresy!

He lives
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    When rooted, Groot is in his element, using the power of the earth he gains a 2% per second passive regen, pulling nutrients from the earth. His roots reach farther and he gains increased buff potency from minerals under the ground. While rooted he reaches the core of the earth (is it hot? Groot is connected to the ground so physics doesn't matter) He gains a massive surge of buffs including a 200% fury, 300% precision, and 400% cruelty. Once the root has disconnected he starts to lose his strength but his body shields him providing him with an unstoppable buff for five seconds as well as a 2.5% passive protection for the same amount of time.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Rooted was an annoying debuff. I thought the majority of the community told Kabam get rid of it?
  • StainA said:

Hahaha. My post was deleted last week that suggested root was coming back. Perfect node for the current state of the game.

“They can’t dex or parry correctly at the moment, so let’s stick them to the ground! That way they can’t blame the bugs and will spend more resources and money!”

I never minded root. If they can fix dex and parry issues as well as others, I'll welcome it back for sure
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    StainA said:

Hahaha. My post was deleted last week that suggested root was coming back. Perfect node for the current state of the game.

“They can’t dex or parry correctly at the moment, so let’s stick them to the ground! That way they can’t blame the bugs and will spend more resources and money!”

People said the same thing about Hawkeye's perfect release. It's working perfectly.

You can't really judge what's bugged or isn't without seeing it in action first.
    Or if you don't like root, then that's on you. It's a new mechanic Kabam introduced a year ago and some people liked it and some people didn't. Doesn't mean it's a cashgrab.

There are plenty of other things wrong with your take but I'll just leave it at that. Just another stupid attempt to throw some more s-word on Kabam for no reason at all.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    I feel this convo needs to return to the root of the discussion.

Buff Groot with root. Unfree the tree. Belief in the leaf.