**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should a "legends title" be determined more by skill or time?

Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
I'm a lil biased on this because I will never own an iphone and it's a bit frustrating lol (my id has nothing to do with apple, I hate their products)...

Shouldn't a "legends" title be about who the best summoners are in the game.. not who can run an event the fastest on the latest iphone or ipad? Bit unfair to us on droid.. the game is ported to us so it loads slower.

Anyone here ever get a legends title on a droid device?

Comments

• Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Yes
  • Options
    Yes

yes to what? You got legends on a droid?
  • Options
    The thing is, it's a Time Trial. Always has been. With that, the factor of skill is already embedded in that. You need adequate skill to complete whatever Quest fast enough to compete. Which means you need to win the Fights as efficiently as possible. There's not much more that can be done to measure skill outside of that because these Trials are the same for everyone. Same Trial, same level of skill required.

They could easily create skilled based events (IE ROL 2 LoL 2)... the first 50 to finish LoL got a legends title I believe correct? That's the best way to do it in my opinion.

As to your point as to the skill based in time.. this is not true. Anyone with a roster over 300k should be able to beat master mode regularly.. however if they play the game on a galaxy s8 like I do.. we know there is no chance to complete heroic and master in under 4:30hr because we have a near 3x longer load screen time. That's the issue.
  • Options
    SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    Yes

yes to what? You got legends on a droid?

Can’t see the legend title on his in game profile.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    The thing is, it's a Time Trial. Always has been. With that, the factor of skill is already embedded in that. You need adequate skill to complete whatever Quest fast enough to compete. Which means you need to win the Fights as efficiently as possible. There's not much more that can be done to measure skill outside of that because these Trials are the same for everyone. Same Trial, same level of skill required.

They could easily create skilled based events (IE ROL 2 LoL 2)... the first 50 to finish LoL got a legends title I believe correct? That's the best way to do it in my opinion.

As to your point as to the skill based in time.. this is not true. Anyone with a roster over 300k should be able to beat master mode regularly.. however if they play the game on a galaxy s8 like I do.. we know there is no chance to complete heroic and master in under 4:30hr because we have a near 3x longer load screen time. That's the issue.

There are incentives for beating LOL, as there were for beating ROL. Those were also time-based (first Player, first 100, etc.). Skill really has nothing to do with a device that won't load fast enough. They can't change that. The issue is with the manufacturing. Apple loads faster. Legends Runs are Time Trials.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    They could exclude loading times from the overall time and only count actual fight times
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    They could exclude loading times from the overall time and only count actual fight times

They've mentioned working on that but it's not a possibility at the moment. Another suggestion I heard was splitting the Tags between Android and Apple, but I'm skeptical of that one for a few reasons. Good idea, though.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

The problem is the tag is always available to the “first xxx” number who completes a certain quest, and that alone puts in a time factor.
  • Options
    SpinoSpino Posts: 241
    It used to be determined by skill, when it was reserved to the first hundred doing the RoL.
    Now it's determined by money. You just have to stay on your (fast) device and buy energies.
  • Options
    SpinoSpino Posts: 241

Nope.
    Not always has been.
    When you had no masteries and you had to be one of the first hundred to complete the RoL it was not a time trial, it was the 100 first ones to complete and not the 100 quickest.
  • Options
    Oliverb1980Oliverb1980 Posts: 99
    Spino wrote: »

Nope.
    Not always has been.
    When you had no masteries and you had to be one of the first hundred to complete the RoL it was not a time trial, it was the 100 first ones to complete and not the 100 quickest.

I think for ROL it was a different scenario since it's a quest that is in the game permanently. You could have someone finish ROL now in under an hour given 5* 4/55 champs but they still wouldn't qualify for legend tag as they are outside of the first 100 to finish

But for the monthly events, the first 100 to finish most likely are the 100 quickest to finish
  • Options
    Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    @Spino not entirely accurate on that first rol winners spent on avg 7k as at that time the only beat that wol was electro and get beat up (not judging those guys wish I made the cash to think about doing that). Speed runs are only skill based way as deaths add time that free to play can do. You can grind arena to get the resources to compete.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    The_One wrote: »

If this were possible that would solve all issues IMO... even playing field.
  • Options
    Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    I'm a lil biased on this because I will never own an iphone and it's a bit frustrating lol (my id has nothing to do with apple, I hate their products)...

Shouldn't a "legends" title be about who the best summoners are in the game.. not who can run an event the fastest on the latest iphone or ipad? Bit unfair to us on droid.. the game is ported to us so it loads slower.

Can you show me where Kabam has said that this game has been ported to Android? In my experience and in every performance review I've ever watched, iPhone kicks Android in the teeth.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Rednick69 wrote: »

Can you show me where Kabam has said that this game has been ported to Android? In my experience and in every performance review I've ever watched, iPhone kicks Android in the teeth.

all apps are ported to droid not just this game... not sure why its done this way (ios is only 30% of the market) but all apps are made on the ios platform. They are then ported to android, windows, google, amazon, or anyone else.

As for "apple kicks android in the teeth".... that's only because of app optimizing for apple. Hardware wise, software wise, and basic phone usage... most android platform phones are far superior. For example... the new IphoneX will be introducing things like wireless charging, facial recognition, and a higher powered camera... I had all of these things on my old Galaxy s6 lol. Iphone is still not water resistant (galaxy is) iphone still has a crappy screen that breaks when u blow on it (my galaxy has gorilla glass) and VR probably won't hit apple for another 3-4 generations... the galaxy s5 had VR lol
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Skill goes hand in hand with the time it takes to complete the fight. If it’s solely based on the length of fights then Kabam would have to implement a time limit so people can do the run in one sitting
  • Options
    BUNGALNGALBUNGALNGAL Posts: 110
    they should make it fewest death total plus fewest potions, revives and boosts used... but that will never happen coz it will affect kabam's bottom line
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    all apps are ported to droid not just this game... not sure why its done this way (ios is only 30% of the market) but all apps are made on the ios platform. They are then ported to android, windows, google, amazon, or anyone else.

As for "apple kicks android in the teeth".... that's only because of app optimizing for apple. Hardware wise, software wise, and basic phone usage... most android platform phones are far superior. For example... the new IphoneX will be introducing things like wireless charging, facial recognition, and a higher powered camera... I had all of these things on my old Galaxy s6 lol. Iphone is still not water resistant (galaxy is) iphone still has a crappy screen that breaks when u blow on it (my galaxy has gorilla glass) and VR probably won't hit apple for another 3-4 generations... the galaxy s5 had VR lol

Apple has never been known to be "first". They're known for doing it best.

In addition, specs wise, research has shown that while Android Phones have better specs, they aren't able to fully utilize them. Do a quick Google and you'll find numerous articles on that.

To quote Alan Kay, "People who are really serious about their software should make their own hardware." Apple did exactly that and is able to optimize every single part of their hardware to suit their OS. You can't say the same for Android Phones given it has a range of budget to high end phones, and the OS has to be tweaked to cater to all of them.
  • Options
    Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    Only way i can think of to make it truly based on skill is to award legends to people who complete the truly difficult stuff like Ming-Na challenges without using a single item - pot, revive, boost or anything else. They may have to up the difficulty even more, in fact, to limit the number of people who can do it.

But that’s obviously not in Kabam’s interest, so time attack is the probably gonna be the way it stays forever.
  • Options
    xNig wrote: »

Apple has never been known to be "first". They're known for doing it best.

In addition, specs wise, research has shown that while Android Phones have better specs, they aren't able to fully utilize them. Do a quick Google and you'll find numerous articles on that.

To quote Alan Kay, "People who are really serious about their software should make their own hardware." Apple did exactly that and is able to optimize every single part of their hardware to suit their OS. You can't say the same for Android Phones given it has a range of budget to high end phones, and the OS has to be tweaked to cater to all of them.

I don't want to get into a pissing match on this as its off topic lol. but you basically just said "yea its better but...." and completely ignored the hardware / utility aspect I spoke of.
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Legend title didn't start off as something for time attack, it was more "Legendary" when Brutaldlx got his. It was skill based and should have stayed that way.
    The idea of time attack is a nice challenge, but should have received a completely different title. Unfortunately, it is far to late to change it now.
    I am an iPhone user, but still find it completely ridiculous that this game loads so damn slow on Androids and removes all those users from an in game challenge. Until its fixed they should remove it all together, its a completely biased challenge and a slap in the face to Android users.
  • Options
    JabbawokkyJabbawokky Posts: 139
    It used to be about skill with ROL. Now its more profitable to give on a time challenge. I will never become a legend. Sucks
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    some would argue that completing an event fast has skill behind it as well
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    some would argue that completing an event fast has skill behind it as well
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Jabbawokky wrote: »
    It used to be about skill with ROL. Now its more profitable to give on a time challenge. I will never become a legend. Sucks

This is such BS. The first people who beat RoL were not the most skilled. They all spent thousands of dollars to do it with electro. That isn't skilled or legendary. Maybe a legendary wallet.

Same goes for the firsts to complete labyrinth.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    So you want to win a drag race with a beat up 1999 Honda?
  • Options
    RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Last time I checked.... running was still an Olympic sport.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    A legend should be determined by skill, not free time to sit and do nothing.

Fair play to those that do it though, but it isn't legendary by any means.