**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

EQ 3.1 Nodes with Parry Bugs

SkjornSkjorn Posts: 76
edited December 2021 in General Discussion
I’m a bit confused by the cav EQ node combinations for 3.1. Less the gameplay, but more so the idea behind them. Isn’t it a bit odd that we have a whole quest dedicated to reparrying when the block/parry mechanics haven’t been working for months? I could definitely be playing the node incorrectly, so let me know if there’s a better way to tackle this without having to try to reparry many times. To be honest, this is quite concerning if it really is meant to be played this way.

Comments

• Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    I got through it no problem, some fights I didn’t use Mercs but my reparry worked sometimes and other times it didn’t but I got through it item less.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Horrible design on this level. I ended up just going with Apoc, aa, NF 6*\5* and cmm. NF kept the unstoppable off easily and didn’t have to worry about reparry at all.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

My take on this is that this node combination breaks down to this simplified interpretation:

1) use #mercenary
    2) stun opponent to prevent unstoppable.
    3) opponent is stun immune (I know not really, but kinda ..)

It's nuts.

Now yeah, if you're an end-game / thronebreaker player with "skills" .. you get this interpretation:

1) use #mercenary
    2) reparry

To me, this node setup and then add on that Nick fury as a boss .. just screams like this should be a thronebreaker level map .. not a cav map ...

I'm definitely not an end-game player ... so when end game challenges come out like the boss rushes, I generally dodge it .. knowing it's not for me ;)
    But this quest, just seems way overtuned to me ... :(

The NF boss was easy.
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

The NF boss was easy.

I can't fight Nick Fury on a good day with no nodes . :P lol

but yeah, I managed to get him down .. once .. with a combination of havoc, mr. sinister and red magneto ..
    only did the easy path .. somehow Hood cleared the entire path .. LOL

I'm passing on the other paths though .. that brute force one I tried ... yeah no thatnks.
    tried the one starting with stealth spidey .. got clapped ..
    *sigh*
  • Options
    SkjornSkjorn Posts: 76
    dot_ditto said:

The NF boss was easy.

but yeah, I managed to get him down .. once .. with a combination of havoc, mr. sinister and red magneto ..

I'm passing on the other paths though .. that brute force one I tried ... yeah no thatnks.
    *sigh*
    If you have sunspot, he quite literally melts the clapback nick fury
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 737 ★★★★
    My weaponX destroyed that quest. And omega melts NF, as usual.
    But i can see how it can cause troubles for some. Rewards should get a buff
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

Skjorn said:

Seems I’ve got the right idea on how the node works then. Why make a node which requires players to constantly parry despite the fact that parry is broken?

Also the AI is mostly throwing medium-heavy combos, so can't re-parry even if not bugged.
    I noticed this as well, it’s almost as if the AI in that quest has been turned against the node, never in 7 years have I seen AI operate this way.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Skjorn said:

Seems I’ve got the right idea on how the node works then. Why make a node which requires players to constantly parry despite the fact that parry is broken?

Also the AI is mostly throwing medium-heavy combos, so can't re-parry even if not bugged.
    I noticed this as well, it’s almost as if the AI in that quest has been turned against the node, never in 7 years have I seen AI operate this way.

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    I'll look forward to that, then 😬.

Currently 'enjoying' the extremely fun 'opponents constantly go Unblockable' chapter. Terrax is his usual fun self especially since most of his usual counters aren't Spiders, Symbiotes or Sinister Six. Any tips for this chapter?

Other than 'bring potions...'
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,831 ★★★★★
    First time they really want you to reparry right? I always thought it’s a skill that’s nice to have but not hardly necessary. Of course, it makes life easier but if you have never practice that, you have a hard time in this quest
  • Options
    QZB5QZB5 Posts: 2
    hi all...I don't typically post here. But I think I have a solution for this quest. I found this by accident and I suspect it is a bug. Hopefully it doesn't get fixed and yes I am aware by posting that might happen. If this is not a bug, then I am not sure why it works.

Try using a character that applies slow (I used Sor S or she-hulk...or other slow champs), based on my testing once you apply the slow once then opponent stops going unstoppable for the rest of the fight. Then just fight normal. The fight is slow, but it works and is easier then re-parry when parry mechanic is so erratic. You don't need to keep re-applying the slow.
  • Options
    JapioJapio Posts: 6
    The best counter is Apocalypse. He can parry. Use heavy for bleed.
  • Options
    AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    Is it worhty to spend the time on this month's event quest? Because it feels like it isnt.
  • Options
    Skjorn said:

dot_ditto said:

The NF boss was easy.

*sigh*
    If you have sunspot, he quite literally melts the clapback nick fury
    no, but I do have Torch, and have heard similar things ..
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    AlexBossu said:

Is it worhty to spend the time on this month's event quest? Because it feels like it isnt.

personally - nah ... I've 100% cav every month for last year at least, but this is first one, I'm making a hard pass on ... making 1 pass on the easy path for completion . but I'm not going to consider/try for exploration this month ... 3.1 is too much bs, imho .. not worth the headache ..

take a month "vacation" .. and we'll see if things get better next month :pensive:
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I explored Cav EQ and now working on UC. For 3.1, my advice is:
    1. Bring Apocolypse, parry n heavy then SP1
    2. Bring one merc is good enough (my pick is hit monkey for active bleed)
    3. Bring “slow” champ is more important than Merc/GoTG
    4. NF can be tackled by Apoc/Colossus/Aegon…Domino is ok if u insist on using Merc.
    This is the worst Act of entire EQ.