**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

WAR RATING

HerdingCatsHerdingCats Posts: 64
edited December 2021 in General Discussion
@Kabam Miike will war rating be affected by this war?

Comments

• MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    @HerdingCats

Due to an issue with Alliance War Defense Tactic, we will be ending this Alliance War Season effective immediately. This current War will not count towards your Alliance War Season Score. War Season eligibility rewards will be reduced to 2 Wars in the Season.

We understand that this is not a perfect solution, but without the ability to remove or freeze the War Rating quick enough, the rest of our Alliance War season would be compromised.

This war will remain active, and in-game, you will still see the season until tomorrow. After we end the season tomorrow, we will be taking some time to collect data and remove the changes to the Alliance War Season score. Once that is complete, we will be able to send out Alliance War Season rewards.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • I agree, we need an official communication with clear reference to war ratings
  • HerdingCatsHerdingCats Posts: 64
    Hello?
  • ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★

Hello?

It isn't even 7am Pacific yet.
  • HerdingCatsHerdingCats Posts: 64
    No idea. Why would you think that is relevant?
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    Magonus said:

@HerdingCats

Due to an issue with Alliance War Defense Tactic, we will be ending this Alliance War Season effective immediately. This current War will not count towards your Alliance War Season Score. War Season eligibility rewards will be reduced to 2 Wars in the Season.

We understand that this is not a perfect solution, but without the ability to remove or freeze the War Rating quick enough, the rest of our Alliance War season would be compromised.

This war will remain active, and in-game, you will still see the season until tomorrow. After we end the season tomorrow, we will be taking some time to collect data and remove the changes to the Alliance War Season score. Once that is complete, we will be able to send out Alliance War Season rewards.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank You for your time Mike. :)
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Because they're in Toronto Canada and at the time of said complaint, weren't even open yet.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    They said this war doesn't count, therefore whatever you were entering this war is where you end up for this shortened season
  • I want somebody to explicitly say war ratings will not be affected. My alliance leader believes it matters and is forcing bus to clear 100%. I want Kabam to outright tell us “war ratings will be unaffected.” Not war season points, etc. They believe that by clearing 100 we’ll move up to tier 1. I do not believe this to be true but I want Kabam to explicitly say WAR RATING WILL NOT BE AFFECTED.

(besides for the initial screaming, and the “I want an answer NOW” attitude)

Your War Rating number (not season points) may, or may not, go up with this current war.
    But it has NO affect on your Standing (Platinum/Gold/etc) in the Series.

I have a feeling that War Rating will go +/- this war. And then potentially Kabam will maybe attempt to adjust it back down (-/+) afterwards. Although I can already hear all the posts saying it was changed incorrectly, etc, afterwards.

Normally only Tiers 1-5 would be WR locked inbetween seasons, but that is to prevent the sandbagging over those 6 wars. Because this is only 1 war, where some champs have already been committed, I think trying to do an after-the-fact correction to have treated this as an off-season war (only relevant for teams in Tier 1-5 anyways, as all others continue WR changes normally in off-season anyways), probably best to just let this 1 war's WR do whatever it is gonna do, and not mess with potential incorrect corrections.

As for alliance leader ordering their team to do 100% at all costs for a war that does not affect the Season Standings or points one bit, well…
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

I want somebody to explicitly say war ratings will not be affected. My alliance leader believes it matters and is forcing bus to clear 100%. I want Kabam to outright tell us “war ratings will be unaffected.” Not war season points, etc. They believe that by clearing 100 we’ll move up to tier 1. I do not believe this to be true but I want Kabam to explicitly say WAR RATING WILL NOT BE AFFECTED.

(besides for the initial screaming, and the “I want an answer NOW” attitude)

Your War Rating number (not season points) may, or may not, go up with this current war.
    But it has NO affect on your Standing (Platinum/Gold/etc) in the Series.

I have a feeling that War Rating will go +/- this war. And then potentially Kabam will maybe attempt to adjust it back down (-/+) afterwards. Although I can already hear all the posts saying it was changed incorrectly, etc, afterwards.

Normally only Tiers 1-5 would be WR locked inbetween seasons, but that is to prevent the sandbagging over those 6 wars. Because this is only 1 war, where some champs have already been committed, I think trying to do an after-the-fact correction to have treated this as an off-season war (only relevant for teams in Tier 1-5 anyways, as all others continue WR changes normally in off-season anyways), probably best to just let this 1 war's WR do whatever it is gonna do, and not mess with potential incorrect corrections.

As for alliance leader ordering their team to do 100% at all costs for a war that does not affect the Season Standings or points one bit, well…
    This misses the point, the leader is correct. The war rating will change, but it’s unclear if kabam will adjust everyone’s war rating afterwards or just leave it 🤷‍♂️ I’d finish the war and still try to win, I’m not one for putting my fate into kabam’s hands.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,132 ★★★★★
    I think the war rating will stick. We cleared our map but it’s only 1bg war. We just made it back to tier 5 too.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★

Hello?

Is there anybody in there?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Hello?

Is it me you're looking for?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Hello?

I bet you are singing that song in your head now. I’m not 🙄
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★

Because they're in Toronto Canada and at the time of said complaint, weren't even open yet.
    Kabam is on the west coast actually.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Hello?

I bet you are singing that song in your head now. I’m not 🙄
    Guilty.