**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Bug in side quest.

Kruger8214Kruger8214 Posts: 10
edited December 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues

I did this already and it lets me move to the next chapter so it doesn’t seem like a visual bug. Also should I do it for the extra shards or ignore it?
Post edited by Kabam Valiant on

Comments

• Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,112 ★★★★★
    Global checks out
  • Options
    Kruger8214Kruger8214 Posts: 10
    @Riptide yes
  • Options
    @Kruger8214 the same happened to me!
  • Options
    King_SternyKing_Sterny Posts: 58
    This happened to me to, except the second quest (Doc Ock) is locked. I definitely completed both last week. It's only Epic difficulty. The other three are fine.
  • Options
    The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Should we play the side quest now or not?
  • Options
    JackDiamondJackDiamond Posts: 133
    From the Mutant Island Glitch of 2020:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/220607/addressing-mutant-treasure-island-exploitable-bug

MCOC Team Posts: 300Administrator∙Moderator ›
    September 2020 edited September 2020 in News & Announcements
    Summoners,

Yesterday, when the Mutant Treasure Island quest went live, an exploitable bug was discovered that allowed players to re-run a single path for unlimited rewards. While we understand that this issue was caused by a bug on our end, this exploit allowed users to farm some very valuable rewards that would give an unfair advantage over other players, and we cannot leave it without taking action.

Over the coming days, we will be removing the extra rewards earned from multiple runs. Your original run's reward will remain.

For more egregious and obvious abuse of the exploit, we will be issuing temporary account suspensions. The exploitation of a Bug in-game is against our terms of service and can result in actions taken against your account.

We are also continuing to work to restore the functionality of the Mutant Treasure Island quest for all to enjoy again as soon as possible.
  • Options
    JackDiamondJackDiamond Posts: 133
    Last time they took the extra rewards away, and punished 'egregious and obvious abuse of the exploit' with temporary account suspensions'. They reminded us 'The exploitation of a Bug in-game is against our terms of service and can result in actions taken against your account.'

From the Mutant Island Glitch of September 2020: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/220607/addressing-mutant-treasure-island-exploitable-bug
  • Options
    This happened to me as well. Fully explored part 1 of epic last week now wants me to do it again.
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 655 ★★★

Last time they took the extra rewards away, and punished 'egregious and obvious abuse of the exploit' with temporary account suspensions'. They reminded us 'The exploitation of a Bug in-game is against our terms of service and can result in actions taken against your account.'

From the Mutant Island Glitch of September 2020: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/220607/addressing-mutant-treasure-island-exploitable-bug

That was different, and it said it in the copy paste you did "egregious and obvious abuse of the exploit' that one I don't remember the exact rewards but was something like 1k 6* shards on a single lane. You ran that same lane say 30 times that was 30k 6* shards and people did massive reruns.

Ultimately this epic rerun is very minimal so I would expect them to go meh at the end of the day. 2500 5* shards and 600 6* shards isn't really enough for them to care to much, but caution is always better so I would still suggest to wait for them to say so.
  • Options
    Scratchmaster23Scratchmaster23 Posts: 171 ★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit what's the plan with the above are we OK to redo or is it going to be fixed?
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    If they considered redoing the quest an exploit they wouldn’t have left the quest up to exploit…