**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Strongest (R4) Marshmallow in All the Land

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★
edited December 2021 in General Discussion

I could’ve gone with Doom or any of the other popular options, but this Ghostbusters baddie has really grown on me. I’ve got two generic AGs on hand (and I’m nearly capped on tech sig stones because I’ve never used even one), but I’m going to hold onto them until I take a few cracks at his feature next month.

Anyway, appreciation time:
Nimrod is a monster across the board. With his Titan protocol he laughs off endgame Sp3s like they’re nothing. With Blitz, his sp2 shocks rip through almost every opponent like tissue paper.

The opponent has excess power gain? Bait out a few specials in Blitz Protocol and watch them wholly unable to gain power against the stacks of power drain.

He counters almost every annoying mutant in the game easily (Bishop being the only partial exception). But have you ever heard of Magneto? Domino? Kitty? Nimrod chow.

He’s a utility machine and has the burst damage to be a joy to play. I can’t wait to wake this guy up, it is taking an immense amount of self control not to just pop a gem into him. Anyways, great job on this absolute chonker of a champion, Kabam. Very happy to have him as the crown jewel of my roster.

Comments

• CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,077 ★★★★
    Oh he's beautiful. I am very jealous right now
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    oooh, very nice!
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★

Do you have gameplay? I haven't seen anything too impressive but I'm open to changing my opinion on him.

I don’t have a YouTube channel to upload anything to, but I’ll see if I can swing something through friends that do.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,184 ★★★★

All the best! Solid rankup.
    I want one baymax too.

Same but Kabam can't help giving me free green goblins and og storms from featured 5*s
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 308 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Can now say that the difference between unawakened and awakened at decent sig is night and day. Fully doubled his damage output after that awakening. No regrets.

When I saw the awakening was going to ask this. I delayed another 6* rank up to r5 my 5* nimrod but never played him unduped to see just how much difference the sig made, I assumed it was pretty big though have 35% duration and potency on those monster shocks. Congrats on the awesome rank up, hoping against hope for a 6* myself when the next featured comes. He's to mutants what torch is to mystics, just decimates the class.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Dang, wish i had a nimrod to test out. I feel like he went very under the radar cause of kitty. Congrats!
  • kabam refuses to give me sentinel, and i adore sentinel. I love nimrod, and i know i will never ever get him. Congrats on that rankup my guy.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

One last RoL update:

Absolutely clowning on Wolverine. This is a prime example of Nimrod in his element. I actually played this fight incorrectly and could have ramped up much faster. I fire off my first special at 26 hits. After that Wolverine’s health bar just goes into free fall and the remainder of the fight takes about 30 seconds.

It's like you're teasing us with these awesome screenshots, but no gameplay!

Congrats on the rank up by the way, Nimrod seems like a hell of a champ. I'm always glad when people don't rank the Dooms and Hercs of the contest!

Wicket329 said:

One last RoL update:

Absolutely clowning on Wolverine. This is a prime example of Nimrod in his element. I actually played this fight incorrectly and could have ramped up much faster. I fire off my first special at 26 hits. After that Wolverine’s health bar just goes into free fall and the remainder of the fight takes about 30 seconds.

It's like you're teasing us with these awesome screenshots, but no gameplay!

Congrats on the rank up by the way, Nimrod seems like a hell of a champ. I'm always glad when people don't rank the Dooms and Hercs of the contest!
    I’d be happy to pass along the videos I’ve recorded if you want to make them postable 😅
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,604 ★★★★
    Your post has me seriously considering R3’ng my Nimrod vs Ultron (been sitting on the T5CC for a couple of weeks as I debate) and also keeping vs. trading in my Tech 6* AG.

Let us know if you figure out a way to get some gameplay vids up.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    fight! fight! fight! fight!

Gameplay! Gameplay! Gameplay! Gameplay!
  • CheefTacoCheefTaco Posts: 6

This is way more impressive than that one major nerds silver centurion

Finkle is Einhorn. I knew it!
  • LBN1LBN1 Posts: 185 ★★
    Got a Nimrod 5* at r5 and around 100 sig, agree with OP one of my favorite champs now. As for rotation I usually skip S1 as it's underwhelming. Use S2 in blitz or eradicate protocol for the most damage, or S3 in eradicate to also get some Regen.
    LBN1 said:

Got a Nimrod 5* at r5 and around 100 sig, agree with OP one of my favorite champs now. As for rotation I usually skip S1 as it's underwhelming. Use S2 in blitz or eradicate protocol for the most damage, or S3 in eradicate to also get some Regen.

I’m really undecided about the Sp1. Unawakened, it was definitely better to skip it. The effects of it didn’t last long enough to be worthwhile. Right now, I think it’s a wash in terms of time to kill (TTK). About the same using either rotation. I imagine at sig 200 it will actually be more efficient to work the sp1 in.

For right now I just use it because it’s fun to see the bigger numbers with energy vulnerability up.