Kingpin Hood synergy getting worse everyday

TugaDavTugaDav Member Posts: 17
edited December 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
The shrugging was never 100% guaranteed as it should be in theory.
When I started using this pair on aw an occasional debuff wouldn't be shrugged now and then.
However, as of lately I'd say this synergy doesn't even deliver a 80% debuff shrugging chance. There isn't an hazard shift fight where I don't lose at least a third of my health from debuffs. And there isn't a war where kingping doesn't get (debuff) stunned at least once.
Getting to the point where I no longer feel comfortable taking kingpin to aw...
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• TugaDavTugaDav Member Posts: 17

Kp can only shrug every half a second or so. So yeah if you keep getting debuffs quickly then not everyone will shrug

Thanks that makes sense... don't remember seeing that on Kingpin's abilities last time I checked, long ago. Maybe their description was updated or I just didn't pay enough attention...
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Member Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Where the debuff stun is concerned, they could be running the pacify mastery which would decrease his shrug off ability accuracy.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Where the debuff stun is concerned, they could be running the pacify mastery which would decrease his shrug off ability accuracy.

If you're running hood that should not matter

Yes, yes it should matter lol. -30% ability accuracy while under stun, so your purify could fail.
    Hood gives +100% ability accuracy. Pacify reduces 30%. So net 170% of 60 which is 102%. That's guaranteed no?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★

Yes, yes it should matter lol. -30% ability accuracy while under stun, so your purify could fail.
    Hood gives +100% ability accuracy. Pacify reduces 30%. So net 170% of 60 which is 102%. That's guaranteed no?
    He has a base chance of 60%, the hood synergy increases by +100%. Most of the time in the game percentages aren’t flat. When they are, they’re usually labelled as such. So I believe Kingpin has a 120% chance to shrug off debuffs.

30% reduction while stunned would mean 30% of 120 = 36. 120 - 36 = 84% chance to shrug off a stun when opponent has pacify

That’s how I think it works, but I’ve only recently woken up, so please correct if I’ve messed up somewhere.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★

He has a base chance of 60%, the hood synergy increases by +100%. Most of the time in the game percentages aren’t flat. When they are, they’re usually labelled as such. So I believe Kingpin has a 120% chance to shrug off debuffs.

30% reduction while stunned would mean 30% of 120 = 36. 120 - 36 = 84% chance to shrug off a stun when opponent has pacify

That’s how I think it works, but I’ve only recently woken up, so please correct if I’ve messed up somewhere.
    Ability accuracy modifications are always additive right? The same way it happened with an agent venom and apoc a few months back.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1939046#Comment_1939046

Using the same method, which has @CoatHang3r s seal of approval (who is most always right about these things)

60(100+100-30) % chance. Which gives 102% chance to shrug debuffs
    Right, I missed a step in my sum.

I was meant to do 30% of 60 instead of 120, as you perform the sum on the base ability accuracy not the modified.

30% reduction while stunned would mean 30% of 60= 18. 120 - 18= 102% chance to shrug off a stun when opponent has pacify

Last time I do maths soon after I wake up

Ability accuracy modifications are always additive right? The same way it happened with an agent venom and apoc a few months back.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1939046#Comment_1939046

Using the same method, which has @CoatHang3r s seal of approval (who is most always right about these things)

60(100+100-30) % chance. Which gives 102% chance to shrug debuffs
    Right, I missed a step in my sum.

I was meant to do 30% of 60 instead of 120, as you perform the sum on the base ability accuracy not the modified.

30% reduction while stunned would mean 30% of 60= 18. 120 - 18= 102% chance to shrug off a stun when opponent has pacify

Last time I do maths soon after I wake up
    While this is the math , I have been stunned in encroaching Stun while I had hood in my team. Against saqutach
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,979 ★★★★★
    Not a crime bosses player (yet), but how does the Fixit synergy (+100% Rage purify ability accuracy for KP) fit into this calculation?

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Not a crime bosses player (yet), but how does the Fixit synergy (+100% Rage purify ability accuracy for KP) fit into this calculation?

Dr. Zola

Same as hood
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    I believe it’s just that always active synergies themselves don’t behave like nodes do and synergies create a new base stat which is then modified. An example of this would be Lab of Legends where synergies allow you to use them to modify your base attack for the extended enrage timer. So in the case of KP it’s 120% chance to shrug reduced by 30% from the pacify mastery.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Member Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited December 2021

So for clarification, the 120% is because it's a 100% of 60% (which is 60) which is added making it 60%+60%?

And NOT 100% + 60% making it 160%

So for clarification, the 120% is because it's a 100% of 60% (which is 60) which is added making it 60%+60%?

Yes

I believe it’s just that always active synergies themselves don’t behave like nodes do and synergies create a new base stat which is then modified. An example of this would be Lab of Legends where synergies allow you to use them to modify your base attack for the extended enrage timer. So in the case of KP it’s 120% chance to shrug reduced by 30% from the pacify mastery.

That sucks. Any other instances like this?
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,954 Guardian
    edited December 2021

This is correct, this is exactly how it works.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,954 Guardian

Correct.
    increase by 100% is not adding 100% on top of it, but rather a 100% base chance, which is 60%. 60+60=120. And that chance is reduced by pacify 3/3 by 30% of that.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,979 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Same as hood
    Ahhh thanks. Was looking at Infobot and it looked like a separate synergy. It’s the same one.

Dr. Zola